Photo

V-65 Molotok Appreciation & Discussion

206 replies to this topic
Ryancoke66
  • Ryancoke66

Stack Bundles

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:31 PM Edited by Ryancoke66, 27 October 2017 - 07:31 PM.

Should I buy a Molotok. I was wrestling with the idea earlier in the week, but then I thought perhaps the Pyro would be next on sale and decided to wait and see. Now since the Pyro is not on sale, I'm thinking about the Molotok again. I'm a rubbish pilot but want to get better at it. Is it worth it? I don't own any planes at the moment.

With the price after the recent discount, I would say it's definitely worth it . It's fun to fly, very responsive, and pretty easy to land anywhere. I've won a few dog fights with it and trolled a few players.

2.52m is a steal for this jet IMO..even at 2.7 it's a good deal.
  • Milesinho likes this

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

I short review.

After a few hours playing with it I have come to the conclusion that it is really versatile especially for mission stuff, (I still think the Hydra because of vtol is slightly more versatile still)

One reason is because landing and take off are really fast and easy it has super air brakes so you can land in tight spots and great thrust so you can take of fast as well, I have it with sports handling atm but will try with racing next as it is very stable compared to some of the new planes. It seems to have great acceleration as well as brakes so it is nippy and feels modulated like you have faster influence on speed change, also it will glide with out power for ages.

I have not had chance to give it a dogfight yet so cannot comment on how it is in combat but because it is easy to fly and controllable the fact has counter measures and fast shoot missiles I feel it should hold it's own. But it does not have as tight a turning circle as some of the new updates and its machine guns seem like they are not much use.

It reaches max alt 8000 meters faster than anything I have tried and will go directly up to that point, it is like a rocket.

Has it made me money? It will in time It has not paid itself back yet, but because off the 2x transform races are on at the moment it has given me a advantage on some of those but the same could be said about a moped I bought for a lot less lol. It is good for collection stuff (ceo,biker bunker hanger etc) because you have a chance at landing it at pick up points

At its sale price I would highly recommend it.

9/10

• Milesinho likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

I mean the price is really tempting now, but it still doesn't give me anything new, especially considering I want to Buy the Nokota.
The looks though... They make me weak.

HeatproofLemur
  • HeatproofLemur

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

See here's a man of taste!

oh_stop_it__you__by_stevesjobes-d4yb19o.

The f-15 is absolutely massive compared to the other fighters in the U.S. arsenal.

Indeed. She is humongous, sexy though ...

visual.jpg

And the noise! 😥 there's a spot not far from where I live it's called the mach loop, it's a training route through the Welsh mountains that RAF and USAF use for high speed manouveres, I was there one day and a couple of F15s came screaming overhead with full afterburner, my whole body rumbled and the ground shook, It sounded like they were literally tearing a whole in the sky!
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine and Smooth Longsack like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Runner-Up

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:11 AM

And the noise! 😥 there's a spot not far from where I live it's called the mach loop, it's a training route through the Welsh mountains that RAF and USAF use for high speed manouveres, I was there one day and a couple of F15s came screaming overhead with full afterburner, my whole body rumbled and the ground shook, It sounded like they were literally tearing a whole in the sky!

That's incredible!
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

Spoiler

The Mach loop is really awesome. Sometimes Im using Raton Canyon as small scale substitute for screenshots :D

2b8fd6-Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V%2006.29.
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine, AUScowboy, Piro and 1 other like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

The Mach loop is really awesome. Sometimes Im using Raton Canyon as small scale substitute for screenshots :D

Nice! I too use Raton Canyon for taking screenshots, cruise around & some role-play. One day I'm a test pilot flying a COIN prototype (Rogue) through the Jedi Transition ... San Andreas is California after all. The other I'm a Nightstalker carrying a Tier 1 team in a 'Bob & using the terrains as cover.
  • Asian_Apache likes this

HeatproofLemur
  • HeatproofLemur

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:56 AM Edited by HeatproofLemur, 29 October 2017 - 01:00 AM.

Nice! I too use Raton Canyon for taking screenshots, cruise around & some role-play. One day I'm a test pilot flying a COIN prototype (Rogue) through the Jedi Transition ... San Andreas is California after all. The other I'm a Nightstalker carrying a Tier 1 team in a 'Bob & using the terrains as cover.
Me too I go through Raton canyon and then into grand seniors desert in my savage pretending it's the Soviet war in Afghanistan and I'm inserting a 3 man spetznaz team for a search and destroy mission, then I get my mates online and we do our own version of red dawn with 2 savages, 2 molotoks and a bombushka while playing red alert 3 from command & conquer, a little imagination really freshens the game up sometimes.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:37 AM

Me too I go through Raton canyon and then into grand seniors desert in my savage pretending it's the Soviet war in Afghanistan and I'm inserting a 3 man spetznaz team for a search and destroy mission, then I get my mates online and we do our own version of red dawn with 2 savages, 2 molotoks and a bombushka while playing red alert 3 from command & conquer, a little imagination really freshens the game up sometimes.

Nice!

I totally agree!

Mr Spanky
  • Mr Spanky

Trick

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Bought one last night after using it in an SR stealing mission

Great fun

But......

Without fully upgrading the armour, the wings are made of cardboard

I clipped a wing on a tree at the farm place on the north sh*te of the Alamo sea, the wing fell off

Toreno23
  • Toreno23

Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Worth the purchase for sure. Used it recently on a weed farm delivery mission. Easy to land and take off from street's and small places. Definitely worth every penny.

HOONART
  • HOONART

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

jEMz48d.jpg

• Pedinhuh, xXxKAMIKAZExXx, mrgstrings and 1 other like this

HeatproofLemur
  • HeatproofLemur

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

jEMz48d.jpg

Pesky western Imperialist jets are no match for our capitalism seeking stalinium shells 🤣
  • RUFF_inthejungle and kovaandr like this

Ryancoke66
  • Ryancoke66

Stack Bundles

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

I'm wondering if the molotok has become obsolete since the Pyro has been introduced. I don't own a Pyro yet - does anyone know if the molotok beats the Pyro in any category?

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

I'm wondering if the molotok has become obsolete since the Pyro has been introduced. I don't own a Pyro yet - does anyone know if the molotok beats the Pyro in any category?

The pyro eats the molotok. Easy kill every single time.

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

The Molotok is far smoother to fly, even with race handling. The pyro is very twitchy even with stock handling, I have yet to put any upgraded handling on it but I hear it's ridiculously twitchy and hard to control with race handling. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have no hope in hell of hitting anything with the Pyro's machine guns using the PS4 controller, it's just far too twitchy.

• AUScowboy and mrgstrings like this

Ryancoke66
  • Ryancoke66

Stack Bundles

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

The Molotok is far smoother to fly, even with race handling. The pyro is very twitchy even with stock handling, I have yet to put any upgraded handling on it but I hear it's ridiculously twitchy and hard to control with race handling. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have no hope in hell of hitting anything with the Pyro's machine guns using the PS4 controller, it's just far too twitchy.

I had the same issue with my Rogue but the MG are explosive at least so that helped.

At least I know the molotok has some benefits over the pyro then I'm happy to keep a spot for her!

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

nothin personnel kid

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

I know that the Pyro is the superior dogfighter, but I always find myself coming back to the Molotok as it's such a beautiful aircraft.

ojOewY8.jpg

• V4S, THC, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

I think I hit his weak spot

q41AFHp.gif

KRXkqi8.gif
  • HKM87, AUScowboy, Forza Harrd and 6 others like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

jEMz48d.jpg

That's a nice shot, good job.
  • HOONART likes this

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:33 AM Edited by 79'Blazer4x4, 10 November 2017 - 01:34 AM.

I finally got around to getting some pictures of this beautiful craft(along with about 20 pictures of the even more beautiful Nokota, some of which I posted in the Nokota thread).

SojH0eg.jpg?2PNnlhSl.jpg?1

• Forza Harrd, mrgstrings and 1bbaxter like this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

Stockpile soured my lust for this one, but goddamn, it really is gorgeous.

Audi
  • Audi

జ్ఞా

• The Yakuza
  • Mexico
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

38394322716_0b18bc93e7_h.jpg38394322476_b5128f6cab_h.jpg

• Forza Harrd, 1bbaxter and Rafi_Combina like this

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

This jet should have been better. It's place in the sr vehicle list is dead last. Silly really. It's a beautiful bird.
  • Nossirag and Asian_Apache like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

Great smooth flyer, one of my favorites in passive. Love the sound and the vintage cockpit.

jF5jRPA.jpg

• xXxKAMIKAZExXx likes this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

Wishing you all a Merry Molotok Christmas :D

faNZwmF.png
a6n2swx.png
NyupcUR.png