Photo

Yakuza Kiwami 2

7 replies to this topic
Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:51 PM Edited by Rockstar Vienna, 26 August 2017 - 01:09 PM.

yakuza-kiwami-2-620x250.jpg?x37583

Today Sega hosted a reveal event at the Akihabara UDX Theater in Tokyo, and Yakuza series Producer Toshihiro Nagoshi officially announced Yakuza Kiwami 2. Similiar to Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a remake of the old and glorious Yakuza 2 released for PS2 in Japan in 2006 (and in 2008 in the west). It will release in Japan and Asia for PS4 on December 7th, 2017.

Visuals will be fully overhauled using the latest version of the Dragon Engine that powers Yakuza 6, and the game will also include updates to the story, audio and activities available. A relevant addition is that fan-favorite character Goro Majima will be playable in his own new scenario.

dualshockers.com

• Audi likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

Yakuza 6's engine is really damn neat. I played the Japanese demo and I'm glad they'll use it here too. Not that there's anything wrong with 0's engine, but the newer one feels more current gen-ish.

It's great news. Y2 is suppossed to be the fan favorite title in the series.

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:20 AM Edited by Luna 51, 29 August 2017 - 05:22 AM.

I really don't think this needed a separate thread from the Kiwami 1, think there should be a thread for the entire series, but whatever, looks great, glad to see they're using the engine from 6 (Like said) and I look forward to playing playing this... in 2019.

Spoiler

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

Guys, if you have Kiwami remember to take the survey! It's a survey about localization of futher Yakuza titles so it's very important! When you highlight the game on your ps4, press down (where the dlcs and so on usually are), the survey will be on the right side.

11 pages, took me maybe 5 minutes? It's a fun survey that asks you for your honest opinion.

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 4 weeks ago

Damn, earlier than expected tbh. August 28th! Btw... maybe we should really merge this thread into the Kiwami thread (and maybe rename it "Yakuza series" as mentioned).

• Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Switzerland
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

Nice saw it earlier. I need to get caught up on all these

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here's hoping Ishin (Doubt it but can't stop hoping for it) and Hokuto ga Gotoku are next.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

They're considering creating Yakuza 0-2, a sequel to Y0 and prequel to Kiwami!
https://www.dualshoc...yakuza-details/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users