Photo

A radically different GTA?

16 replies to this topic
wagszilla
  • wagszilla

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you think Rockstar will make Grand Theft Auto VI to be the most radically different game in the series?

I look at it this way, after Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Rockstar could do pretty much anything they wanted. They were at their absolute peak. So they made Grand Theft Auto IV which was a massive shift towards grounded storytelling and realistic physics away from the near cartoony style of it's predecessors.

Now, after the success of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, they're basically printing money. They can do whatever they want. Let's say, for the sake of the argument, GTA 6 is released and it sucks / isn't well received. They could easily relatively restart the GTA Online machine and play it safe again.

So my hope is that because the have room to fail, they'll take some ballsy risks. Set the game in a brand new, never before seen locale. Not LA, NYC, Vegas. It probably won't be Vice because GTA V scratched some of those itches. Probably not SF because Watch Dogs (lol).

Maybe make car jacking, drug dealing, and getaways central gameplay elements and central to the story. Make them a challenge to do. Introduce stealth and craft. Multiple ways to skin a cat. Make the game's arc feel like it has a definitive payoff and reward. Make it feel like something truly different like GTA IV was.

What do you think?
  • HalfOfAKebab likes this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

The game will be set in Tokyo and completely in subtitles. Will also be in black and white with film grain and bars on the top and bottom. You play as a Samurai who adjusts to the changing world and transition to the Yakuza. The game is widely panned and sells 3 copies.

• vnus_dmlo, theGTAking101, The7thOne and 3 others like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Because Online is not the black sheep of the series at all.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I bet they get Vin Diesel and/or Dwayne Johnson on the next game. 

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

GTA IV MP > GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Good Hombre, 3 weeks ago.

Every GTA is different from each other if you think about it. They shouldn't make a ''radically different'' game, they should keep doing their thing imo.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA V is already radically different.

• (Ambient) likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

It is quite difficult to say at this point. I've no clue where they could go forward from here. A completely  new city or a modern take on the old?

Online is definitely going to be important.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

My bet is that it will be Online only, lol!

Why bother with a storyline if you can fill your game with fancy supercars so the kids can buy shark cards?

What haven't you heard? They adding a BATMOBILE to GTA Online on Halloween!

wagszilla
  • wagszilla

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

The game will be set in Tokyo and completely in subtitles. Will also be in black and white with film grain and bars on the top and bottom. You play as a Samurai who adjusts to the changing world and transition to the Yakuza. The game is widely panned and sells 3 copies.

Trololololo

GTA V is already radically different.

Outside of special abilities and regenerating health, nothing really changes the core mechanics.

The rest is small changes to the formula.

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

$ $ $

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

its gonna be set in minnesota, you play freddie flintlocker a young grad student with dreams of becoming a doctor until his pet cat is run over by a kingpin in a major crime syndicate, and he crashes into a tree and dies in the fireball, the game is played through the eyes of the cat after recovering from surgery as you seek revenge on the bastards that crippled your hind legs and left you bound to a wheel chair all the while trying to navigate your strained relationship with the other protagonist freddie your owner, in one notable mission you get stuck up a tree and freddie has to put you out of your misery with a well placed rpg, the game is widely panned by critics and sells only 3 copies but becomes an underground cult classic lauded for its gritty tone and absurdist humour
  • StormBreaker likes this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

What if they centered the story around the Republican Space Rangers? 

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by StormBreaker, 2 weeks ago.

Or probably the story of aliens on another planet, which starts from the point where they kidnap Michael

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago

What if they centered the story around the Republican Space Rangers? 

I can see it as a game of it's own: Agents Of Liberty!

• VictorVince1239 likes this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't know. If there's one thing the internet has "taught" me, it's that the worst thing a video game can do is to have something different.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes! Grand Theft Auto set in the future! I can't wait to dislike all the trailers and gameplay videos and not to buy this game! 

The Paradox
  • The Paradox

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

Or probably the story of aliens on another planet, which starts from the point where they kidnap Michael

Please no, no just no

• StormBreaker likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes! Grand Theft Auto set in the future! I can't wait to dislike all the trailers and gameplay videos and not to buy this game! 

I think it could be pretty cool. Imagine being a criminal of a massive Mega City One and surrounding cursed earth done R* style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users