Quantcast

» «
Photo

So Rockstar just took pretty much all of my money.

2,507 replies to this topic

Poll: Has this happened to you? (654 member(s) have cast votes)

Has This Happened to You? If so, have you been wiped before?

1. Yes it has, I also have had money wiped before (115 votes [17.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.58%

2. Yes it has, but my money has never been wiped before (151 votes [23.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.09%

3. No it hasn't and I have never gained illegitimate funds (240 votes [36.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.70%

4. No it hasn't, even though I have illegimately gained funds (148 votes [22.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.63%

Was the removed money partly illegitimate or completely legit?

1. Partly illegitimate (including modders, dupes, glitches, etc) (143 votes [21.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.93%

2. Completely legitimate (202 votes [30.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.98%

3. Not affected (307 votes [47.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.09%

What system are you on?

1. PC (328 votes [50.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.31%

2. PS4 (176 votes [26.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.99%

3. XBox One (75 votes [11.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.50%

4. Not affected (73 votes [11.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by elfoam, 3 weeks ago.

You see the orbital cannon money never showed up anywhere (I always check this to think about how risky this glitch is going to be) so whatever the auto detection system detects.. it loved it. Normally like say the capture job.. it showed as money picked up.. you can pick money up anywhere. Dupes count as legit car sales. The director mode glitches and taxi glitches.. that was frozen money so no money was involved anyway. The cannon was a very unusual glitch and got an unusual result. I don't think the detection code changed much at all, obviously they are tweaking it here and there but yeah..this isn't something dramatic and in the end no one lost anything, it was just an adjustment, as it should be since it was rockstars dodgy code in the first place.. How this thread started was with PC guys getting legit money wiped because the same system pinging them for money from no where.. which seems to have been from going past what seems to be a ~4 million dollar threshold of money from nowhere.. in their case a double RP event (everyone that got adjusted for the cannon seems to have kept the first 4 million or so)

• Nossirag likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is R* still using the detection system, where the system alerts to deposits at a million or more?
If so, it would seem slow & smaller deposits would be key to still avoiding it.

That system was replaced mid 2016 if I heard that correctly. Would be pretty stupid to use that when players can deposite 2 Million from a crate sale.
  • Foreverpast likes this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Not a pretty nigga but my mom thinks I'm handsome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

For everyone who lost their money go visit the site of the sinful sevens and get an early Christmas present from R*. Your welcome.
  • elfoam likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

For everyone who lost their money go visit the site of the sinful sevens and get an early Christmas present from R*. Your welcome.

Rare indeed for the PC to get a full price dupe glitch

• Aussie_Hunter likes this

Brazil301
  • Brazil301

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

does the orbital glitch still work?

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

For everyone who lost their money, go visit the site of the sinful sevens and get an early Christmas present from R*. You're welcome.

Yeah, thanks man. Filled two office garages with elegy retros. Good stuff.

• elfoam likes this

MARK2580
  • MARK2580

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

For everyone who lost their money, go visit the site of the sinful sevens and get an early Christmas present from R*. You're welcome.

I'm not in the know, explain to me, what a Christmas present? Any new bug? Because of R* I only have 160k in my account.

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not in the know, explain to me, what a Christmas present? Any new bug? Because of R* I only have 160k in my account.

The guy wasn't serious. He just said that because said glitch became public on christmas day. 

psizone
  • psizone

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by psizone, 2 weeks ago.

4 months on and I finally got a human response.

"Hello Psizone,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our services. Upon investigation your funds were removed due to illegitimate funds. If you have any other information that could assist us verify the claim.

Things that would be useful would be;

·         The specific date when the event took place.

·         How much money was earned during the event

·         and how much money was lost.

With this information we can better assist you.

Best regards,

Marshall L
Rockstar Support."

Once I explained the situation (and linked this thread) he gave this response:

"Hello,

We are sorry to hear that. It was obviously very frustrating for you. Your case has been escalated to the proper department so that it can be assisted properly.

Please note, cases are addressed in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience and hope to find you a possible solution as soon as we can!

Best regards,

Marshall L
Rockstar Support"

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ⁣V⁣, 2 weeks ago.

Hello,
We are sorry to hear that. It was obviously very frustrating for you. Your case has been escalated to the proper department so that it can be assisted properly.
Please note, cases are addressed in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience and hope to find you a possible solution as soon as we can!
Best regards,
Marshall L
Rockstar Support"

So basically square one. When they unlocked the Transform Races I had some issues obtaining the World Record award. So I opened a ticket and they gave me that response and closed the ticket.

Nothing happened ever since so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

R* gave me some bread. I would gladly be excluded from those random gifts in favor of poor new players. 

997437500k.jpg

Plage
  • Plage

Self Medicated

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's 535k from the Hermes FAIL.

• MC. and Hécate-II like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wonder if theyll take action for the recent buy everything for free glitch?

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

They haven't done much about the previous ones afaik but they did something about the orbital cannon glitch so who knows..

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by elfoam, 2 weeks ago.

Can't see it happening, but it's always sensible to not put all your eggs on one basket. Because they might do that one day. Doubt it though, there's no way to do it without wiping a ton of peoples legit stuff with it. The Orbital cannon got picked up by the existing modded money detection, the orbital cannon itself was a nothing glitch compared to most that they do nothing about.

MARK2580
  • MARK2580

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 days ago Edited by MARK2580, 4 days ago.

R* gave me some bread. I would gladly be excluded from those random gifts in favor of poor new players. 

997437500k.jpg

Very strange, I have not been online in a while. I play in SP and suddenly, a similar message appears. I go online, and indeed, my account is replenished by this amount. This is certainly not the 7 million that I have stolen from R *, but at least now my character will not die of hunger and lack of cartridges.

ZPnLOUz.png

• Sanches likes this

Locce
  • Locce

Street Cat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 days ago

997437500k.jpg

Very strange, I have not been online in a while. I play in SP and suddenly, a similar message appears. I go online, and indeed, my account is replenished by this amount. This is certainly not the 7 million that I have stolen from R *, but at least now my character will not die of hunger and lack of cartridges.

ZPnLOUz.png

As was pointed out earlier this is the amount they gave out as correction for people who got the "free" Hermes that was not free after all. If you did not get the Hermes at christmas... be happy, because for once the system made an error in your favour. ;)

• Gaffa™ likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

997437500k.jpg

ZPnLOUz.png

As was pointed out earlier this is the amount they gave out as correction for people who got the "free" Hermes that was not free after all. If you did not get the Hermes at christmas... be happy, because for once the system made an error in your favour. ;)

This seemed appropriate to add to this comment chain

BankError.jpg

• Gaffa™, Locce and Sanches like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users