Quantcast

» «
Photo

So Rockstar just took pretty much all of my money.

2,285 replies to this topic

Poll: Has this happened to you? (588 member(s) have cast votes)

Has This Happened to You? If so, have you been wiped before?

1. Yes it has, I also have had money wiped before (107 votes [18.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.20%

2. Yes it has, but my money has never been wiped before (142 votes [24.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.15%

3. No it hasn't and I have never gained illegitimate funds (212 votes [36.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.05%

4. No it hasn't, even though I have illegimately gained funds (127 votes [21.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.60%

Was the removed money partly illegitimate or completely legit?

1. Partly illegitimate (including modders, dupes, glitches, etc) (127 votes [21.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.67%

2. Completely legitimate (196 votes [33.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.45%

3. Not affected (263 votes [44.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.88%

What system are you on?

1. PC (308 votes [52.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.56%

2. PS4 (151 votes [25.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.77%

3. XBox One (59 votes [10.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.07%

4. Not affected (68 votes [11.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MalnuKerman
  • MalnuKerman

Digusted and Appalled

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted A week ago

This situation annoys me immensely, I already quit prior to Smuggler's Run due to the fact they didn't follow through with the 200k they promised for anyone that subscribed to their Newsletter before July 4th. Then the trailer came out and I was really excited for the Hunter, and with the 2x I/E sales at the time I had to jump on the chance. I managed to grind 1.1 mil and stopped for the day. The next day I wanted to grind some more, but was greeted with the ever so pleasant message that my account was "adjusted" by -2.7mil. I just about quit then and there, I didn't even have enough money to buy the Hangar I was eyeing.

It really felt like it was a "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" situation. I felt like an idiot for coming back and wasting time grinding the 2x I/E sales.

• DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin, SGT.Rifleman and Nossirag like this

SGT.Rifleman
  • SGT.Rifleman

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

well, I don't care about my stolen money anymore. I moved to FiveM, currently working on my own server, a place to play witth friends on our own terms. We can buy any house we want, any car and do whatever we want. Its amazing.

• dorcy, -KM-, elfoam and 3 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

well, I don't care about my stolen money anymore. I moved to FiveM, currently working on my own server, a place to play witth friends on our own terms. We can buy any house we want, any car and do whatever we want. Its amazing.

Just had a look on youtube,  awesome

• zoso80 and SGT.Rifleman like this

ShimmerDoll
  • ShimmerDoll

Bird of Prey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by ShimmerDoll, A week ago.

I did the same thing just last night.  It's really overwhelming the amount of stuff you can do. It's definitely better. It's not like Rockstar cares about anyone, even people who buy shark cards they treat like the enemy.

• DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and Happy Hunter like this

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

quick off topic question. is the GTAO content available in FiveM? or is it just the map and then whatever mods you add yourself? 

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

It's us vs r*

And r* is winning

SGT.Rifleman
  • SGT.Rifleman

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

quick off topic question. is the GTAO content available in FiveM? or is it just the map and then whatever mods you add yourself? 

Yes, you can add all apartments, offices or vehicles to your server. You can install scripts like los santos customs, barber/clothes/food shops. I even added a lot more apartments and houses you usually cannot buy in gta online. Its limitless. And if you add mods to your server, the players who join your server don't have to install anything, they just stream the content.

• dorcy likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Yes, you can add all apartments, offices or vehicles to your server. You can install scripts like los santos customs, barber/clothes/food shops. I even added a lot more apartments and houses you usually cannot buy in gta online. Its limitless. And if you add mods to your server, the players who join your server don't have to install anything, they just stream the content.

you got a list of these? 

anyway to get better clothing on this?

SGT.Rifleman
  • SGT.Rifleman

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

you got a list of these? 

Here is a list of some server scripts: https://github.com/ESX-Org

• Quinn_flower likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

you got a list of these? 

thanks so i can install mods and play safe? cause theres a few i would like to use gta on,

SGT.Rifleman
  • SGT.Rifleman

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

you got a list of these? 

thanks so i can install mods and play safe? cause theres a few i would like to use gta on,

You only install the FiveM client on your pc (outside of your gta installation). All mods are installed server-side. Your GTA folder stays untouched.

• Perez84 and Suzuki Azure Vulpine like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Then the trailer came out and I was really excited for the Hunter, and with the 2x I/E sales at the time I had to jump on the chance. I managed to grind 1.1 mil and stopped for the day. The next day I wanted to grind some more, but was greeted with the ever so pleasant message that my account was "adjusted" by -2.7mil.

Holy sh*t, exept that they removed 4,7 Million on my side, this is the exactly (word for word) same case that happened to me.
I saw the trailer, got excited for the hunter, made 1,1 Million with I/E and got the money removed the next day. What a crazy coincidence.
  • Nossirag and MalnuKerman like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago Edited by Hécate-II, A week ago.

I played a bit on some FiveM servers, the only thing I really appreciated("I played a bit" remember) was the no-radar-blips. Gamertags were way smaller too, a little more immersive in comparison to GTAO. A 32 players session with no blips!

However, the jobs were terrible, like farmers, I did it like 10 min, and said to myself "what I'm doing here?" It was 10 min super grindy, I'd to harvest some wheat, I earned like $1732. 

Many servers feature the possibility to be weed farmer or meth dealer, taxi...etc, its illegal jobs vs legal jobs, stuff like that. 

Perez84
  • Perez84

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I played a bit on some FiveM servers, the only thing I really appreciated("I played a bit" remember) was the no-radar-blips. Gamertags were way smaller too, a little more immersive in comparison to GTAO. A 32 players session with no blips!

However, the jobs were terrible, like farmers, I did it like 10 min, and said to myself "what I'm doing here?" It was 10 min super grindy, I'd to harvest some wheat, I earned like $1732. 

Many servers feature the possibility to be weed farmer or meth dealer, taxi...etc, its illegal jobs vs legal jobs, stuff like that. 

Do solo sessions work there?

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

great news. thanks for the info.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'm very affraid R* will whipe money again once this stupid and boring DLC is almost on its end.

I think's it better to buy some really most expensive airplanes now and sell them once the new DLC has dropped to get some money.

Damn it! R* can be very cancerous at times when it comes to this f*cking joke!

• Nossirag likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

execute me (haha giddit)

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted A week ago

It's us vs r*

And r* is winning

Quit playing the game at all if you wanna stick it to the man... ?

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted A week ago

It's us vs r*

And r* is winning

Although it feels that way as much as r* steals money away I am stealing as much back,in my eyes I am #winning

Deadx:1
R*:0

:pp
  • HARBUJAHN, elfoam and Happy Hunter like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

It's us vs r*

And r* is winning

Quit playing the game at all if you wanna stick it to the man... ?

I'm just saying it's been a battle since day 1 for us.

Btw I replied to your pm two weeks ago idk if u saw it.

Polarized
  • Polarized

Blue

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I'm waiting for next money-theft just before December DLC, but of sure I won't buy any expensive sh*tty thing only to "save" as much as possible. They took my money before Smuggler Run, ok. I said hello to most of its content and kept playing with my own things. Now I'm saving money for next dlc (well, nothing if compared to my bank account before Smuggler Run, but amen). Let's see what is going to happen this time.

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 6 days ago

I'm very affraid R* will whipe money again once this stupid and boring DLC is almost on its end.
I think's it better to buy some really most expensive airplanes now and sell them once the new DLC has dropped to get some money.
Damn it! R* can be very cancerous at times when it comes to this f*cking joke!

If you want to invest in vehicle bonds don't do it with planes. You get a bigger % from selling cars then airplanes.
  • SilverRST likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 6 days ago

^ btw congrats on being the first forum user with a vehicle named after them =)

• Piro, Happy Hunter and Darth Postal like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago

Well I bought a bombushka yesterday. So if the money i legitimatly made with I/E over the last couple of weeks gets flagged as illegal again I will probably gonna get banned.

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

The worst thing is by now R* at many levels is aware of this... still no official word, still no apology or explanation.

Do you think they learned what went wrong..or care?

MalnuKerman
  • MalnuKerman

Digusted and Appalled

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 5 days ago Edited by MalnuKerman, 5 days ago.

We're probably considered acceptable losses. As vocal as we've been here and on their Support page, we still (probably) make a minority of the active current user base.

*EDIT*
Not to mention not everyone hit by this has quit outright, so on paper it's probably only a relatively tiny portion of users less logging in to play. Not berating people who've resumed playing after being wiped, just saying statistics wise in regards to active players we probably haven't made a dent.

no fite pls

• scalliano, idonknowhow and Nostromo79 like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 5 days ago

We're probably considered acceptable losses. 

Unfortunately looking at how things stand after this fiasco you are probably spot on.

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 days ago

Agreed. In which case, RDR2 and GTAVI are acceptable losses for me. I just can't deal with R*'s lies anymore. GTAVI is probably gonna be infested with loot crates anyway.

What's that old cliche again? "I love you, but I hate what you've become"?

• Pocket Fox, Perez84, Rafae and 3 others like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 days ago

We're probably considered acceptable losses. 

Yeah thats probably the truth. However if you dont buy sharkcards you are no loss for them. I mean Strauss Zelnic basicly called us freeloaders a few month ago so i have my doubts that we are worth nothing for them.
  • JuniorChubb and MalnuKerman like this

MalnuKerman
  • MalnuKerman

Digusted and Appalled

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 4 days ago

Hmm, that reminds me that this song is appropriate for the situation right now:

"Lately life with you has been unbearable,

All my faith in you has gone and I know it won't return"

"...Now you've gotten me hatin' things I used to love to do.
And it won't be long, and I'll be hatin' you."

I find it funny a song featured in the game pretty much says what's on my mind.

• Locce, J-Scott-D and Nostromo79 like this

VulcanFanatic
  • VulcanFanatic

Long time GTA online player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Hmm, that reminds me that this song is appropriate for the situation right now:

"Lately life with you has been unbearable,
All my faith in you has gone and I know it won't return"

"...Now you've gotten me hatin' things I used to love to do.
And it won't be long, and I'll be hatin' you."

I find it funny a song featured in the game pretty much says what's on my mind.
Pretty much sums up how I feel about GTA online too. Wish it wasn't so but Rockstar is to blame for it. I wonder if they realize how many players they have alienated since Gunrunning came out?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users