Quantcast

» «
Photo

So Rockstar just took pretty much all of my money.

2,174 replies to this topic

Poll: Has this happened to you? (566 member(s) have cast votes)

Has This Happened to You? If so, have you been wiped before?

1. Yes it has, I also have had money wiped before (106 votes [18.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.73%

2. Yes it has, but my money has never been wiped before (137 votes [24.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.20%

3. No it hasn't and I have never gained illegitimate funds (201 votes [35.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.51%

4. No it hasn't, even though I have illegimately gained funds (122 votes [21.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.55%

Was the removed money partly illegitimate or completely legit?

1. Partly illegitimate (including modders, dupes, glitches, etc) (121 votes [21.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.45%

2. Completely legitimate (195 votes [34.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.57%

3. Not affected (248 votes [43.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.97%

What system are you on?

1. PC (303 votes [53.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.72%

2. PS4 (138 votes [24.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.47%

3. XBox One (56 votes [9.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.93%

4. Not affected (67 votes [11.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A day ago Edited by Quinn_flower, A day ago.

Ha they don't care lol

I bet they talk about gta players tears on break and laugh.

That Selvester he wants that promotion can't blame him
  • Nossirag likes this

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Anyone else still get this troll screen :/ I am :(

It's them basically saying:" Hey we took your money fam, you won't get it back and if you submit a ticket Sly will RKO it out of existence no prob"

btw. I managed to get a "human" reply (from 2 different people no less) by filing a simple question under SC issue the other day.

After that I mentioned the money issue and Sly the champ got back on it with the same reply and "closed".

So this time I am trying it under Bug Report with something else that annoys me as "bait" to get a human reply.

zUKP8CP.jpg

Bug #1

TitanR1
  • TitanR1

*Generic member title*

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted A day ago Edited by TitanR1, A day ago.

Anyone else still get this troll screen :/ I am :(

It's them basically saying:" Hey we took your money fam, you won't get it back and if you submit a ticket Sly will RKO it out of existence no prob"

btw. I managed to get a "human" reply (from 2 different people no less) by filing a simple question under SC issue the other day.

After that I mentioned the money issue and Sly the champ got back on it with the same reply and "closed".

So this time I am trying it under Bug Report with something else that annoys me as "bait" to get a human reply.

zUKP8CP.jpg

Bug #1

About bug #1: I don't think the race is the main problem, from the looks of it the suspension is why it happens. Most of the crashes, spinouts happened, because you landed on uneven surfaces, this is both the maps and the engines problem. Fixing the maps would be just a workaround, rather than a real fix. Also 0:25 and 1:07 are not bugs in my opinion

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

From This Mortal Coil...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

If accounts were affected by "something out of your control" why would they take money? Thats what makes this splash/scare screen a load of disingenuous bullsh*t. If we break it down:

"We took sh*t from you that you got through no fault of your own. kthxbai"

I have not had any cash taken (yet? I guess) but I feel genuinely bad for those that did (minus the money glitchers of course). These "confusion through obfuscation" splash-screens make it even worse.

• Skeve613, LoneWulf, mrgstrings and 1 other like this

nmk111
  • nmk111

Playa

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A day ago Edited by nmk111, A day ago.

If accounts were affected by "something out of your control" why would they take money? 

They ment themself. When cockstar steals legit money from your account, it is affected by something out of your control- them.

• TitanR1 and Nossirag like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted A day ago

Tickling your ball-sack?

With some tongue, please.
  • OfficialTwiggz likes this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Ops and CEO of Wolves Inc.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A day ago Edited by PwnageSoldier, A day ago.

Think I'm gonna start duping Insurgents while the SP glitch is still here. 675k each seems pretty good, and I only intend to dupe 2 - 4 (enough for I/E work and maybe a hangar) Tired of C* screwing me over so much by destroying my crates as soon as I enter the delivery vehicle =|
  • Hécate-II likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

Think I'm gonna start duping Insurgents while the SP glitch is still here. 675k each seems pretty good, and I only intend to dupe 2 - 4 (enough for I/E work and maybe a hangar) Tired of C* screwing me over so much by destroying my crates as soon as I enter the delivery vehicle =|

Saw someone mention you can do the Adder?

Anyone affected by this unable to add custom plates?

Since GR I've been unable to use custom plates, even using the ifruit app.

Unless there's a limit, I have 20, maybe more cars with my custom 'Fox' plates.

I have it black on white from the R* support that custom plates are turned off on PC at least for the moment but how it sounds we maybe never get them back. They didn't specified why they turned them off but I think it has to do with car duping.

I got mine back. Put an order in on my phone, launched GTAO. Drove car into LSC...nothing...

Did the order again WHILE online. Got a car with custom plates.

Got older cars, ta-da, able to apply custom plates again.

Were you on character 2? you describe the method to get plates to show up on character 2. They more often than not only show up on character 1 unless you do what you just said. That has never worked properly ever since the games launch, it's never been fixed.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A day ago Edited by Yinepi, A day ago.

Had 1.8Mil before smugglers, I updated and they removed 908k from me. All legit money. I don't play online much so I've never been "rich" and this was the first time I've ever had over 1 mil at a single time without feeling the want to spend any of it. Rockstar decided to spend it for me anyway, and this was the day I said f*ck you to Online for good.

• mrgstrings, Nossirag, 0CypherP and 1 other like this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Ops and CEO of Wolves Inc.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A day ago

Saw someone mention you can do the Adder?
My Insurgent is the most expensive and profitable vehicle I own.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A day ago

210? No problem.

What about the 8 and 9 figure wipes?

I didn't have $210,000 wiped... that was given to me... I had $740,000 wiped.. all I'm saying is they are atleast starting to give some back, just wondered if anyone else has had a + correction?

I'm curious, how many tickets did you send to support? did you just report the initial loss once or several times?

They gave me 200k and i never been wiped before, so i doubt that has anything to do with tickets

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted A day ago

Had 1.8Mil before smugglers, I updated and they removed 908k from me. All legit money. I don't play online much so I've never been "rich" and this was the first time I've ever had over 1 mil at a single time without feeling the want to spend any of it. Rockstar decided to spend it for me anyway, and this was the day I said f*ck you to Online for good.

Do what I did and say "f*ck your grind" and make friends with a few modders :3

• ThroatSlasher2, Skeve613, Yinepi and 1 other like this

0cta
  • 0cta

No "O"? No Problem!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 hours ago

The only crime i'm guilty of is the solo public session with firewall on pc, did rockstar start categorizing this as glitch?

Got the "Your account was adjusted"-screen while loading, but no black splash-screen saying that a specific amount of money was removed. Didn't notice any huge difference in balance either.

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 10 hours ago

The only crime i'm guilty of is the solo public session with firewall on pc, did rockstar start categorizing this as glitch?

Got the "Your account was adjusted"-screen while loading, but no black splash-screen saying that a specific amount of money was removed. Didn't notice any huge difference in balance either.

Mb they did to your rep.

ShimmerDoll
  • ShimmerDoll

Bird of Prey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 hours ago Edited by ShimmerDoll, 5 hours ago.

No they can't see that. I have government grade hardware firewall they can't see much of what I am doing in that way but they keep track of the stats on various gameplay things as you know. A jump in money or levels might happen if the firewall is just interfering with the connection and they didn't see some data transfer. Like a lot of times you'll see the saving failed issue with the firewall on or even when playing normally. That could be what happened to a lot of people though I don't remember seeing that at all when they took my shark card money just in a normal crew only session. Not to mention the transaction went through and social club verified it but then what seems like less than 12 hours later took half of that bought money.

• Happy Hunter likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users