Quantcast

» «
Photo

So Rockstar just took pretty much all of my money.

2,350 replies to this topic

Poll: Has this happened to you? (601 member(s) have cast votes)

Has This Happened to You? If so, have you been wiped before?

1. Yes it has, I also have had money wiped before (107 votes [17.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.80%

2. Yes it has, but my money has never been wiped before (144 votes [23.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.96%

3. No it hasn't and I have never gained illegitimate funds (218 votes [36.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.27%

4. No it hasn't, even though I have illegimately gained funds (132 votes [21.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.96%

Was the removed money partly illegitimate or completely legit?

1. Partly illegitimate (including modders, dupes, glitches, etc) (128 votes [21.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.37%

2. Completely legitimate (197 votes [32.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.89%

3. Not affected (274 votes [45.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.74%

What system are you on?

1. PC (311 votes [51.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.92%

2. PS4 (154 votes [25.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

3. XBox One (63 votes [10.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.52%

4. Not affected (71 votes [11.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

It's a scum move.  Any single person that this happened to who then goes out and buys another Rockstar game in the future is basically saying, "It's okay - you can do whatever you want."

Let your wallets do the talking in future.

• Gotcha!, Piro, Nossirag and 4 others like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:10 AM Edited by Black-Dragon96, 13 September 2017 - 08:19 AM.

^ My wallet is already walking towards 4A Games (Metro Exodus coming 2018) and Ubisoft (AC Origins and Anno 1800).

It hit me the on Saturday (Timezone GMT +8) before Smuggler's Run dropped. I had just grinded 1.1 mil the day before and was going to grind to hit 5 mil when I got wiped. It was a blow to the gut, especially as I had 3.8 mil at the time, the most amount of money I had at any one time.

I usually never have more than 1.5 to 2 million at a time.

Wait a second, you also made 1,1 Million on the friday before smugglers run? Thats the only diffrence between my old schoolbuddy (who i play with on a regular basis) who did not get whiped and me who did get whiped.
We both played the double money events (sumo, I/E) but we made only max 400k per play session.

MalnuKerman
  • MalnuKerman

Digusted and Appalled

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:16 AM Edited by MalnuKerman, 13 September 2017 - 08:17 AM.

I grinded the 1.1 mil solely from x2 I/E sales, and the odd Ballers that I happened to pass in my way. All in one condensed play session.

I don't think there's a link here though, I think people who have earned more and less have been hit too.

EDIT: And people who haven't touched GTA for months until the Smuggler's Run DLC dropped too, if memory serves me right. 

Nostromo79
  • Nostromo79

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:45 AM Edited by Nostromo79, 13 September 2017 - 10:08 AM.

This is data gathered from Screenshots and Shadowplay recordings...my money and level progression from GunRunning Release until my account was wiped.

4GxOVNJ.png

And here are some ingame stats after the wipe, I just want to point out , I play Solo all the time (Kills and Deaths result from one Lightcycle Race (Unlock Shotaro),one Deathmatch (Unlock Le Biatch T-Shirt), one 5 minute  free roam session and one Vehicle Deathmatch - that is all the time I spent with other players...BTW my Yacht (bought with 50% Discount) goes by the name Solitude.

I played  this Game from the start as a Single Player RPG. And no one has dropped money on me.

q3R8cdE.png

And this is what I get for avoiding Cheaters:

pYfCvTt.png

last Ticket still Open, but yeah we all know what will happen

• Sky_Light12, Gridl0k, Hellbendzor and 8 others like this

LankySensei
  • LankySensei

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:01 AM Edited by LankySensei, 13 September 2017 - 10:04 AM.

Figured i'd revive this account and tell my similar tale.

So smugglers Run is announced and I'm fairly excited for it. The Import/Export 2x bonus cash week was active and I figured what a great way to make a bunch of money for this new dlc. Spent the good part of my free time sourcing and selling cars, earning at least 1m a day.

I started with a measly 2.4m, by the end of my last night before the wipe I was up to 8.5m. I was pretty stoked by that and was eager to get up to at least 10m before the new dlc dropped. The following evening I logged in and see the splash page with information that 'Illegitimate money" has been wiped from my account. Another wipe before a dlc drop? Well okay, hopefully this is just a general information page since I know my money isn't modded or glitched or cheated. The last time I received modded cash was before the gunrunning dlc, and that was wiped before that dlc dropped.

Load into a session and I'm greeted by a black screen with the little words "Rockstar Game Services have corrected your GTA Dollars by -$6,139,641"

So i'm pretty much shocked by this. All that money I gained over the week just gone in a flash. Immediately log out and send a ticket to Rockstar support, then I do the usual browsing of forums. A lot of people are also claiming the same thing. Gained money over the week during the Import/Export 2x bonus cash, suddenly it's wiped and deemed "illegitimate cash".

It's been a few weeks now and I'm 7 tickets deep with nothing solved and no answers, just copy pasted responses and tickets closed without an email alert. I haven't played GTA Online properly since the Smugglers Run dlc dropped, and I won't be playing until I get my $6,139,641 back. Chances are, I won't be seeing that cash again. In that case, this game is over for me. Because what's the point in grinding for cash if it can be taken at any time and called "illegitimate funds"?

• Cutter De Blanc, APB, Piro and 3 others like this

Lethal-lock
  • Lethal-lock

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:50 AM Edited by Lethal-lock, 13 September 2017 - 11:52 AM.

I don't understand it, i was level 130 with 1.3~ million dollars, log on for the first time in months and im level 150 and all but 50k of my money is gone lol   

I emailed them to say whats up seeing as i always play in invite only lobbies alone and never mod/cheat, got a generic response... uninstalled right after. It may seem like an overreaction to all of you guys with heaps of money but ive always been pretty poor but its 100% money i slowly saved up myself to buy the occasional car i like :(

• Gridl0k, Piro, Nossirag and 2 others like this

Zaniness
  • Zaniness

Under-monetized Freeloader

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

As we've reached quite the poetic number of pages, I'd like to take a note of the fact that, if this thread were to be moved to the Smuggler's Run subforum, then people's reports about how R* screwed them over would count for about 25% of overall discussions about this DLC.

:r*:

• Perez84, Cutter De Blanc, Nossirag and 2 others like this

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Instead of running away from modders, these days I look for them... That was an extremely bad move by rockstar... Damn, I don't even feel like earning money these days. I feel robbed all the time and the mood to earn ingame cash is completely destroyed... Hate it.. :(

• Dan Dark, LoneWulf, SGT.Rifleman and 3 others like this

Hylskriksen
  • Hylskriksen

Playa

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

Is it any way to get the money back? I had 2 mill taken away by rockstar. Heist grinded, hard earned cash.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

Unless u want to deal with xxx ammount of tickets then no.

Find a mod menu user

MalnuKerman
  • MalnuKerman

Digusted and Appalled

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

Nah, dealing with Rockstar support doesn't yield any results, just go straight for the mod users Hylskriksen, might want to get more than you lost. Saves you time and heartache when you do get wiped in the future again. "Hey at least I didn't grind for that money kek"

• Nossirag likes this

Hominin
  • Hominin

Psychopath

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:21 AM

Still not banned, it only takes a few seconds to create a new followup by copy/pasting my previous followup every time they close one. fun little hobby lol.

The biggest difficulty I had with both the thefts and the increasingly over the top in-game tactics to sell shark cards for the last few DLCs is that it doesn't even make sense from a business point of view in the long run. Cheating honest customers and then not even checking for mistakes is like saying "we're fine with burning goodwill" (goodwill has long term monetary value). Even a complete idiot would know that if you use too much coercion to try to make someone do something, the most likely effect is that they will refuse to do it even if they were fine with doing it beforehand (i used to occasionally buy shark cards but decided to boycott them when they started with the heavy coercion).

Well, completely incompetent egomaniacs making the decisions is a valid explanation. I know this is old news but after reading it in full, everything makes sense.

Nothing will be corrected, just keep away from T2/R* games from now on.

• Gotcha!, ThroatSlasher2, Karrecod and 2 others like this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:50 AM

Still not banned, it only takes a few seconds to create a new followup by copy/pasting my previous followup every time they close one. fun little hobby lol.

The biggest difficulty I had with both the thefts and the increasingly over the top in-game tactics to sell shark cards for the last few DLCs is that it doesn't even make sense from a business point of view in the long run. Cheating honest customers and then not even checking for mistakes is like saying "we're fine with burning goodwill" (goodwill has long term monetary value). Even a complete idiot would know that if you use too much coercion to try to make someone do something, the most likely effect is that they will refuse to do it even if they were fine with doing it beforehand (i used to occasionally buy shark cards but decided to boycott them when they started with the heavy coercion).

Well, completely incompetent egomaniacs making the decisions is a valid explanation. I know this is old news but after reading it in full, everything makes sense.

Nothing will be corrected, just keep away from T2/R* games from now on.

It's extremely puzzling considering goodwill is exactly why GTA V sold so many copies. Everybody loved Rockstar and loved their games and the passion they seemed to have when designing masterpiece after masterpiece, meant GTA V practically sold itself.

Now they're mailing it in for quick bucks and not giving one single f*ck about their fans, some of them who have been around since the start of the millenium. They seem to have forgotten about us, and it's okay, because we will too. 

Definitely not buying RDR2, and if I will, it'll be second hand. Won't send a single penny down Rockstar's way.

• Gotcha!, jackrobot, Hylskriksen and 6 others like this

LankySensei
  • LankySensei

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

It doesn't surprise me anymore when I see people begging for money and/or trying to find cheaters. How sad is the state of the game where we get more help from the cheaters than the actual support of the game? The only reason why I haven't jumped ship yet is because one of the players I sometimes play with got his money back last week. I retain some small hope that my money will rightfully be returned to me, but that hopes grows smaller each day that passes.

I'm friends with another player who I sometimes play with. He's very big on glitching and finding cheaters for some cash. It seems to work for him, since he's able to buy everything and still have money left over for the next 10 dlcs. I asked him if he was hit with the money wipe. He said no. Funny that, huh.

• Nossirag likes this

Zaniness
  • Zaniness

Under-monetized Freeloader

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

I know actual cheaters that have been completely unaffected and still have their hundreds of millions. Just shows you what a great job their "detection" system is doing. This company is a joke equal with their support quality.

• Piro, Nossirag and MalnuKerman like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:43 PM Edited by Black-Dragon96, 14 September 2017 - 01:51 PM.

^
These whipes are not even effectiv against actuall cheaters in any way, since a scriptkid can spawn am ifinite amount of money with zero problems and people who glitch money use bonds to launder their funds and keep them safe.
  • Cutter De Blanc and Nossirag like this

Kimslayer
  • Kimslayer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

At this point I dont think rockstar will be giving our money back or at least telling us the reason they took it.

Because of this, me and my friends (5 of them) completely quit playing GTA since their took our money, the only fun that we had while playing GTA was grinding and we cant do that anymore because we cant be sure that rockstar wont do this again.

Since they took 26 mil out of my 115, I will spend the rest of the money buying new vehicles in the future, drive around for a few minutes and close the game until my money is completely spent, is the only thing left to do.

Maybe we will be able to enjoy the new races but nobody knows when they will release it.

• Nossirag likes this

MalnuKerman
  • MalnuKerman

Digusted and Appalled

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Fourth ticket closed, so far it's been:

x1 Nathan S.        Support Tier 1

x1 Raymond R.    Support Tier 3

x2 Sylvester G.     Support Tier 3

Sylvester G. back again with the:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

Your shared bank account in GTA Online was adjusted to remove illegitimately gained in-game money. For more information please see https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008697067.

Best regards,

Sylvester G.
Rockstar Support

Nathan S. used the same reply as well, Raymond R. gave me a "future breaches of code of conduct and EULA etc etc" threat.

Gotta say, Rockstar's new game is rather boring.

• Gridl0k and Nossirag like this

Gotcha!
  • Gotcha!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

I'm giving up soon as well. I've already permanently given up on playing the game itself, and I am not expecting any form of justice from R* ever.

Media refuses to pick up on this or they tried but are not getting any information from R*, so nothing will ever come of this. I am positive that it's impossible to break down the wall R* is hiding behind.

I'll just never buy a game from them again. I had well over 3000 hours of GTA fun, so at least I got my 100 euros worth of game time (game + shark card). Understatement, I played the hell out of it. :p Paid around 0.025 per hour of game time. Not bad. Got a few new friends too.

Last weekend I made a bunch of screenshots of all the stuff I had, characters, clothing etc. Already have plenty of screens with friends, for some nice memorabilia.

If I care enough I can perhaps get some mods to recreate my empire in single player, but I doubt I ever will. Once a game publisher pulls an unforgivable stunt I'm done with them, permanently.

It's been a pleasure being a part of you fellow R* unfortunates. I'm hoping everyone will remain true to their word and never buy a R* product again. Peace!

• jackrobot, iLLYHiGHROLLER, Hominin and 6 others like this

Nostromo79
  • Nostromo79

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

COMING NEXT TUESDAY... New Money Wipe 2017 logo tee in GTA Online

1lpS4T0.jpg

• scalliano, badmoon, Pocket Fox and 25 others like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:57 AM

I want that shirt!!!
  • Sky_Light12, JAKEBAB, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

Nostromo79
  • Nostromo79

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:26 AM Edited by Nostromo79, 15 September 2017 - 03:35 AM.

@Quinn_flower

use OpenIV to enable mods and create a copy of the lowrider2\dlc.rpf

then replace the following texture in OpenIV:

...\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mplowrider2\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mplowrider2_female.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_mp_f_lowrider_02\jbib_diff_001_b_uni.ytd

with this texture:

https://imgur.com/PK47NFN

To everyone, don't try this if you don't know what your doing, this T-Shirt can only be used in Director Mode and the Rockstar Video Editor.

Don't try to enter GTA Online with Mods enabled. You will be banned.

edit: yeah my last Ticket was closed...

• RedDagger, Gridl0k, Quinn_flower and 2 others like this

LankySensei
  • LankySensei

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:40 AM

Seventh ticket has been closed by Sylvester G again. I think i'm done with tickets, I'm not seeing that 6m again. Time to go to the dark side I guess :\ Thanks Rockstar.

Snigelbajs
  • Snigelbajs

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:23 AM Edited by Snigelbajs, 15 September 2017 - 04:26 AM.

Maybe this is the wrong thread, or maybe not?

Since I got millions of legit money wiped, I have mostly played SP... But decided to play some online today...

Some hours ago I had 31.8 millions in the bank...

Filled up half the bunker and sold it for around 500K, and did some other stuff.

I saw that the bank value was 32M something.

Then I swapped character, and noticed the bank account was down to 31.8M again...

WTF? Didn't it save?

So I swapped back to see.

31.8M and bunker empty...

Apparently everything I earned today just disappeared?

I was solo, so noone could have been modding...

I haven't restarted the game yet.

Wouldn't be surprised if I get a new message that todays earnings has been wiped too...

This is getting pointless...

I'm back to SP again...

Have this happened to anyone else?

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

COMING NEXT TUESDAY... New Money Wipe 2017 logo tee in GTA Online

1lpS4T0.jpg

21740762_1695807733765493_17366162758850

• JrJohnbarn, Sky_Light12, Quinn_flower and 3 others like this

aDigitalPhantom
  • aDigitalPhantom

4E69636F6C65

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:42 AM Edited by aDigitalPhantom, 15 September 2017 - 05:43 AM.

5th ticket closed on to the 6th, but I'm being just as lazy as they are and copy/pasting the ticket.
  • APB, Happy Hunter and MalnuKerman like this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:15 AM Edited by fatdog, 15 September 2017 - 07:15 AM.

Lol, spamming support will only make you banned from it, at best. Go higher, find a way to contact rs\t2 bosses and make them realise, that sh*t is out of control for very long time.

• JuniorChubb and Nossirag like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

They don't care. They got your money already
  • Frenzy_UK likes this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

They do care of money, and I bet they could have much better profit, if maintain the game properly.

Biter
  • Biter

MC President

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

If you took $100m of modded money in the past, the system will keep taking your money until the balance equals zero modded funds.

• JAKEBAB likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users