The Hunter Appreciation Thread!

609 replies to this topic
SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wonderful. I can´t wait to post my first words of love for that thing. :)

• alkaline_, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin, Amy Vinewood and 2 others like this

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

So probably there will be a smuggler mission intoducing Hunter, and the heli will be late dripfeed vehicle.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

God is real, and he is an Attack Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

You have no idea how happy I just was to see this thread. It's finally here.

• -KM-, _MK_, Mangled Crow and 8 others like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

What about possibility to loop with Hunter? The trailer don't say much about that. I want loop and drop my flares meantime... :cool:

• Amy Vinewood, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

Mrs. Buzz
  • Mrs. Buzz

Formerly godtrams | forever helisexual ;)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mrs. Buzz, 2 weeks ago.

*reserved* for some "Hunter"ing pics :)

Edit:

xNd1bB8.jpg

• Kushology, alkaline_, Goingcrowd9 and 2 others like this

AlphaSierra111996
  • AlphaSierra111996

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The "flares" create an explosion I've never seen in GTA V. This has me to believe that they are indeed flares.

• Fennimoe, Goingcrowd9, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's been 1443 days since the Hunter was shown for the first time. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. Buying one as soon as I see it on Warstock.

• -KM-, Jakemo, alkaline_ and 6 others like this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Watch R f*ck this helicopter up and dripfeed it for 2 months later. I bet it won't even have its agility. Don't even get me started on the armor. 

• 79'Blazer4x4 and Goingcrowd9 like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I do hope it does have flares (though they will be behind a research/pay wall most likely) so that it has at least a chance against the Laser and Hydra.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

Mrs. Buzz
  • Mrs. Buzz

Formerly godtrams | forever helisexual ;)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mrs. Buzz, 3 weeks ago.

Savage Valkyrie (how dumb I'm sometimes) needs four players to fully operate - so curious about what the Hunter will presume.... gosh, I really hope they'll make at least basic weapons accessible to the pilotseat and leave the option for guns and the maybe comming flares to co-pilot. :panic:  wahhhhhh....

• alkaline_ and Goingcrowd9 like this

Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Aslad, 3 weeks ago.

Congrats Happy!

For your hopes that the Hunter will be customisable, I believe that you'll be relieved. If you look at the P-51/Rustler, in some parts of the trailer it has drop tanks mounted on the wings, and in others it has WWII-era rocket pods mounted, suggestion interchangeable weaponry (pls no research walls). On top of this, the unknown four-engined cargo plane looks to me like it has a custom paint job, as it's chrome below the belly and matte black on the rest. 

I reckon that the chain gun below the Hunter will definitely be able to pivot, hopefully by the pilot as in real life the Apache's gun is slaved to the pilot's eye, and follows wherever the pilot looks. 

Congrats again!

~Aslad

Edit - added images to support my above points :p

gta_p51_with_rockets.pnggta_potential_gunship.png

• Happy Hunter likes this

Volganor
  • Volganor

Not Unlike The Waves

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Can't wait for it. :) This helicopter brings me happy memories of playing Nuclear Strike on the old PSX and piloting it in VC and SA, raking in millions and millions of dollars.

I even used to doodle this thing in notebooks and pretend I knew how to pilot one, haha. The beautiful aircraft seems like it put on just a tiny bit of weight, but I like the curves.

It's going to take every inch of discipline I have to unlock it at a discount via a mission, so I can get properly introduced to it, instead of buying it outright.

Tuesday can't come fast enough.
  • alkaline_, The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think this will be a day one release. It's by far the most anticipated of the new vehicles, kinda like the apc was in gunrunning, so releasing it day one R* can get full price on the hangers and goad us into rushing all the research. If they drip feed it a lot of folks won't buy a hanger till it drops, or at least won't rush the research. Remember the price tag was over 10m to rush everything last time, and many will do that to get the full hunter right out of the gate. I probably would if I had the dough.
  • AUScowboy and Goingcrowd9 like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

An honor to be on the first page of this. Well done and I CANT WAIT to see how this baby operates for missions, ceo work and of course....griefing people. :devil:

08e.gif

I hope by griefing you mean punishing those who disturb us. We're keepers of the peace ;).

Sometimes you do so much grinding that you just want to "blow off steam" and enjoy what your money has gotten you. 

• BigJoe_1, alkaline_ and SHOKKERZ91 like this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm a bit worried. I worry that Rockstar totally butchered the Hunter and didn't do it justice. I guess there's only one way to find out.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by BigJoe_1, 3 weeks ago.

An honor to be on the first page of this. Well done and I CANT WAIT to see how this baby operates for missions, ceo work and of course....griefing people. :devil:

08e.gif

I hope by griefing you mean punishing those who disturb us. We're keepers of the peace ;).

Sometimes you do so much grinding that you just want to "blow off steam" and enjoy what your money has gotten you.

True. I can't fault you on that. There's been times in the past where I've sweated missions so much that I'd get my Savage and look for actual trolls to (return) grief. I guess it's kind of like doing the vigilante missions from SA in online.

• DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

08e.gif

True. I can't fault you on that. There's been times in the past where I've sweated missions so much that I'd get my Savage and look for actual trolls to (return) grief. I guess it's kind of like doing the vigilante missions from SA in online.
If its any consolation, I don't after everyone anymore and it has been like that for quite some time now. I don't attack non-attack aircraft or even go after people delivering their stock. I have only blown up one gun running shipment and that was becuase they attacked me first when I had no intentions of bothering them.
  • BigJoe_1, alkaline_, Amy Vinewood and 1 other like this

ntinoskonsta
  • ntinoskonsta

Lawless Inc. CEO

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 3 weeks ago

I really love this general feeling of excitement and joy after such a long wait. It's honestly heartwarming. :D
  • 79'Blazer4x4, alkaline_, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 3 others like this

RANDOMv2
  • RANDOMv2

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Congratulations Hunter.  I will gladly help in celebrating hunter Day will all of the needless claps and bangs.  Sorry it did not come out with my Christmas wishes for you but hopefully it will have been worth the wait.  I hope they make this thing like Blue Thunder.  How great would it be if they re-used James Woods voice from San Andreas for the AI system?

• Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

FallingAway
  • FallingAway

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Since it seems likely that there will be some level of weapon loadout customization, hopefully we will have some choice over what is pilot or passenger controlled.

If it is able to do flips and rolls I may never call Pegasus for a hydra again
  • HKM87, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

God is real, and he is an Attack Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can't wait to update my Avatar. I'm gonna try and get the same angle as my current picture to keep it consistent.

Spoiler
  • HKM87, Jakemo, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

eyman
  • eyman

Nothing Special

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by eyman, 3 weeks ago.

If anything this goes to show again that Rockstar Devs do read GTA Forums. But to be fair the Hunter crowd grew bigger and bigger and it was almost on every social media (Reddit, 4chan, Youtube Comments, etc.) it would have been impossible to ignore it.

I remember a month or two ago Happy Hunter felt almost hopeless after gunrunning came out, but here we are with the Apache and So much more. Congrats guys

• Jakemo, AUScowboy, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 3 others like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

If anything this goes to show again that Rockstar Devs do read GTA Forums. But to be fair the Hunter crowd grew bigger and bigger and it was almost on every social media (Reddit, 4chan, Youtube Comments, etc.) it would have been impossible to ignore it.

I remember a month or two ago Happy Hunter felt almost hopeless after gunrunning came out, but here we are with the Apache and So much more. Congrats guys

Well gun running was a perfect opportunity since it was military themed and R* of course couldn't even get that right. Even Heist Update would have been an excellent release for the Hunter.

• alkaline_, Goingcrowd9 and SHOKKERZ91 like this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

Mendoza has been f*cking hit!!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Now we just have to hope that it doesn't suck

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm eager to see the Hunter brought into this game. But I have to ask: what's the source for saying it will be part of this update? It wasn't mentioned in the news release yesterday, and I did not catch any glimpses of it in the video. Granted, I only saw it on an iPad screen and didn't watch it frame by frame, so I could've missed it.

I want to believe; I just want to see some evidence.

HKM87
  • HKM87

HotRod

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Congrats for the Hunter and this topic, buddy!

I'll post pics as soon as I can

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm eager to see the Hunter brought into this game. But I have to ask: what's the source for saying it will be part of this update? It wasn't mentioned in the news release yesterday, and I did not catch any glimpses of it in the video. Granted, I only saw it on an iPad screen and didn't watch it frame by frame, so I could've missed it.

Oh it was definitely in the trailer, but only very briefly.

• Goingcrowd9 and SHOKKERZ91 like this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh it was definitely in the trailer, but only very briefly.
Do you have a screenshot, and what was the time marker?

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Happy Hunter, 3 weeks ago.

Do you have a screenshot, and what was the time marker?

WJ4rVTf.png

There's a few more in the OP. Not sure on what time it comes in, the trailer's just under a minute. Maybe 0:20-ish? But I don't really remember.

I'll dig the trailer out.

Edit: Around 0:14 - 0:18. Blink and you'll miss it.

• alkaline_ and SHOKKERZ91 like this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ok, I see them starting at about 15 seconds in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users