652 replies to this topic
Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntθr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Happy Hunter, 3 weeks ago.

POPULAR

WJ4rVTf.png

Ah ... Finally.

This one has been massively sought after, for a long, long time. Going back way before my Helisexuality campaign, this was a fan favourite, and often speculated on; often the subject of many rumours. All of which turned out to be false. Not this time.

zZ2fet5.png

Magnificent isn't it? Beautiful thing. Lovely guy.

He's due to arrive with the Smuggler's Run DLC, which will drop on August the 29th, 2017. This is the date that will go down as Hunter day. Our blessed Lord and Saviour - Hunter - will return on this date.

Words can't even describe how honoured I feel to have potentially played any part in getting this attack helicopter added.

I had to keep going for years, and even merge with the object of my desire. But He's here now. All should pay respects to Him, marvel at his good looks, and respect our right to kill from above, and to kill needlessly.

oNbLxB2.png

wfA9QMl.png

AyhO0Ma.png

Yes, we don't have a lot to go on right now. Though we will have it in our hands soon enough; just a few days now. In the mean time, here's what we can tell.

It seems to have a new model.

The previous GTA V model of the Hunter (seen in The Simian trailer) simply had two pairs of rocket pods, like this:

YOcKDMh.png

This one instead has a pair of rocket pods, and a pair of missiles:

B8Wbg4G.png

Now, this could easily just be cosmetic, and it might simply fire the same projectiles from both pods. Only time will tell. But it does show that the model has changed.

It could possibly be customizable.

8hMj5E3.png

Is it among this range of new customizable aircraft? I hope so.

This could open the door to extra armour, different weapon layouts, or at the very least aesthetic changes such as paint and liveries/camouflage. Who knows what will be in store on that front.

The gun may be able to pivot.

This isn't confirmed - not by a long shot. But it does appear that the gun is looking in a different direction than the helicopter itself here.

bvW6y9I.png

This may require a second player, or if we're really lucky we might be able to aim it solo (perhaps by moving the camera).

Again, this isn't confirmed, and it's too vague to recommend getting too hyped about this aspect.

It might - might - have countermeasures.

Speaking of long shots ...

Well, basically, there appears to be some kind of flash that seems to be coming from the helicopter, and some people are questioning whether or not it could be countermeasures.

zR5SOsu.gif

Now, there are various explosions seen here - so it is possible it's merely an optical illusion, and that the flash is part of them. It does look interesting though, and strengthening the case is that a missile can be seen heading in the general direction of the helicopters (evidently it doesn't hit).

FIDuArH.png

This is all just speculation anyway. The Hunter may come with some of these features; it may not. At the end of the day, the Hunter is coming, and I'm happy to have it back.

Update:

So, it's being dripfed out - likely to release some time in October. Urgh! But at least there is a version of it in a source mission, so we've been able to try it out.

It has two types of missiles - homing, and "barrage".

Barrage is self-explanatory - it's a really fast spray of unguided rockets, similar to the real Apache's Hydra rocket pods.

Homing is basically the same as the Savage. They, uh, home in on targets, just like other helicopters.

The cannon can be upgraded, though sadly both cannon versions need a co-pilot to operate.

The stock version, so I've heard, is a lot like the gun on the Karin Technical.

The upgraded version is explosive.

We also now know what upgrades it has.

Courtesy of Gaffa™:

Hunter will have: 

Cannon upgrade (turns it into an explosive cannon)
8 liveries
Countermeasures
Bombs
Engine, Armour and Handling upgrades

The Hunter in action.

• Hazzardtohimself, Nasty Noodles, livejoker and 84 others like this

mort1
  • mort1

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes! The Hunter, finally! Loved it so much in SA, better not dissapoint.
I now sexually identify as an attack helicopter. Respect my right to kill from above, heliphobes.
  • YaHomieShrreder, Kushology, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 3 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Kushology, 4 weeks ago.

You're right about flares!

Watch the last gif you posted, the missle going towards the Hunter changes direction completely and hits the ground!

So cool!
  • YaHomieShrreder, , alkaline_ and 7 others like this

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Place holder

• Arrows to Athens, YaHomieShrreder, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 2 others like this

autofanatic
  • autofanatic

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Congratulations, Happy Hunter.
  • Kushology, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

You're right about flares!

Watch the last gif you posted, the missle going towards the Hunter changes direction completely and hits the ground!

So cool!

Sh*t - I didn't notice that myself actually. I thought that was a separate missile, and that the one heading towards it just went out of the shot. But following more closely, it does look like it turns and hits the ground.

That'll be incredible if it can do that.

Whatever happens, it's a Hunter anyway. I love it and will buy it as soon as I can.

• YaHomieShrreder, Kushology,  and 6 others like this

Jakemo
  • Jakemo

FrostyGen

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

So stoked for this. The fact that it's here at all satisfies me so far. The thought of counter measures or new missile options in a chopper is just a bonus at this point.
  • YaHomieShrreder, Kushology, The-Irish-Hunter and 2 others like this

mort1
  • mort1

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by mort1, 4 weeks ago.

This is definitely the first thing i will save up money for in this new DLC, everything else can wait, no matter the cost. Hunter was pure destruction in SA, hoping for the same here.
  • Kushology and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

So stoked for this. The fact that it's here at all satisfies me so far. The thought of counter measures or new missile options in a chopper is just a bonus at this point.

Agreed. I just put the speculation in to pass the time, fill it out a little while these painful days go by.

Honestly, even if it's very bog standard, it's still amazing just to see it finally here.

• Kushology and alkaline_ like this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Congrats Hunter! Finally all those emails paid off :)

Just don't get too smug about it in everyone's faces, kay? :p

• YaHomieShrreder, Kushology, alkaline_ and 5 others like this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by BigJoe_1, 4 weeks ago.

This is trivial at best, hell it might even add to our lords rugged good looks.

I really hope the landing gear is retractable.

• YaHomieShrreder, Kushology, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 weeks ago

An honor to be on the first page of this. Well done and I CANT WAIT to see how this baby operates for missions, ceo work and of course....griefing people. :devil:

08e.gif

• Texturizer, Sky_Light12, BigJoe_1 and 8 others like this

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

GREAT! Now that the Hunter is finally coming, here's hoping we get a Flamethrower eventually!

C'MON R*! I WANT MY FLAMETHROWER! And if you don't give me it, I'll start a thread about in the forums and continue asking for it for 3 straight years until you guys eventually add it
  • YaHomieShrreder, Kushology, mort1 and 2 others like this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 4 weeks ago

An honor to be on the first page of this. Well done and I CANT WAIT to see how this baby operates for missions, ceo work and of course....griefing people. :devil:

08e.gif

I hope by griefing you mean punishing those who disturb us. We're keepers of the peace ;).

• Kushology likes this

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 4 weeks ago

yas kween

• Forza Harrd, Amy Vinewood, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 weeks ago

When the Simian is finally a real thing....minus the monkeys taking over Los Santos of course :D

• YaHomieShrreder, BigJoe_1, Kushology and 4 others like this

RetroStyle
  • RetroStyle

Jesus is Love <3

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Its Finally Arrived!! Been waiting since I saw the pic of it on the warstock ad. 

• Kushology and Goingcrowd9 like this

FallingAway
  • FallingAway

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have chased rumors of the Hunter around the internet for a long time, only to be disappointed when they turned out to be just that.  I was again disappointed that gunrunning brought us no new aircraft, but still, I hoped.  When I saw Yan's post last week I wanted to believe, but did not want to be let down again.

But today is the day! Well, Tuesday is the day, but you get the point. Perhaps the rhythmic thump of rotor blades will become a feared sound once again in Los Santos. It is almost here, please don't f*ck it up Rockstar.

• YaHomieShrreder, Kushology, Silencer555 and 2 others like this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think the gun is going to be a gunner weapon. Notice how the cockpit screenshot is on the real pilot seat (as opposed to VC's "sit on the co-pilot seat and one-man the thing") and another person on the co-pilot seat.

Hopefully they'll leave the missiles and rockets to the pilot though. Having no weapons isn't fun and operating all weapons is going to overwhelm the gunner. And there's also hoping that it's at least Cargobob-tough.

• Kushology, 79'Blazer4x4 and Goingcrowd9 like this

Aussie_Hunter
  • Aussie_Hunter

All hail our Lord and Savior the Hunter!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ever since i saw the trailer and the claim of victory on the petition thread, i have been buzzing all day. Awesome thing to wake up to and about damn time chopper lovers and aircraft enthusiasts in general got some love.

You'll never get me out of our beloved Hunter! Ever! Hehe.
  • Texturizer, YaHomieShrreder, Kushology and 3 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Kushology, 4 weeks ago.

I'd be fine if it was like the Buzzard or Savage where the co-pilot can control the cannon pressing right on the D-Pad(or whatever it is on PC).

I'm just hoping the pilot has machine guns AND missiles like the other aircrafts. The cannon being co-pilot exclusive like the Valkyrie.

Also hoping it's customizable down to the paint. I'd love to see it in Pure Black or even a gold I have. Gotta rep my boy Yusuf!

Guess we'll find out!
  • , Aussie_Hunter, autofanatic and 3 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

It'd be fine if it was like the Buzzard or Savage where the co-pilot can control the cannon pressing right on the D-Pad(or whatever it is on PC).

I'm just hoping the pilot has machine guns AND missiles like the other aircrafts. The cannon being co-pilot exclusive like the Valkyrie.

Also hoping it's customizable down to the paint. I'd love to see it in Pure Black or even a gold I have. Gotta rep my boy Yusuf!

Guess we'll find out!

I think the best case scenario is that even a lone pilot can use and aim the cannon by moving the camera (though a co-pilot could take over, since they'd be able to zoom in, concentrate better, etc.).

Second best - a solo pilot can use everything, but the gun is fixed in place (would need a co-pilot to aim/pivot it).

Worst is like, everything needs another player. That's got to be unlikely though.

At the very least, at least give us the missiles or something.

I think they're gonna deliver well with this though. I mean, they've listened to so much it looks like - seems like they know our complaints.

• Kushology, , alkaline_ and 5 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've watched the trailer like 50 times..actually, I've honestly lost count. I can't say the same for any other trailer they've posted.

and yeah, I'm ultra curious how some of the new helicopters will handle.. Hopefully they're all different. I would be more than happy if we could take stabilization off of helicopters.
  • Mattoropael, , Amy Vinewood and 3 others like this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago

It'd be fine if it was like the Buzzard or Savage where the co-pilot can control the cannon pressing right on the D-Pad(or whatever it is on PC).

Guess we'll find out!

I think the best case scenario is that even a lone pilot can use and aim the cannon by moving the camera (though a co-pilot could take over, since they'd be able to zoom in, concentrate better, etc.).

Second best - a solo pilot can use everything, but the gun is fixed in place (would need a co-pilot to aim/pivot it).

Worst is like, everything needs another player. That's got to be unlikely though.

At the very least, at least give us the missiles or something.

I think they're gonna deliver well with this though. I mean, they've listened to so much it looks like - seems like they know our complaints.

I do hope the Hunter ends up being everything we wished the Savage could be. (Minus the useless troop-carrying gimmick)

• Kushology, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

I do hope the Hunter ends up being everything we wished the Savage could be. (Minus the useless troop-carrying gimmick)

Well to be fair it wouldn't be as much of a gimmick if I wasn't such a lone wolf lol - would be quite good picking people up and dropping them off, putting snipers on rooftops, etc.

But yeah, I hope it's more like what we wanted the Savage to be. i.e. Not made of paper, and not with a tiny range, etc.

• Kushology, alkaline_, The-Irish-Hunter and 2 others like this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mattoropael, 4 weeks ago.

Well to be fair it wouldn't be as much of a gimmick if I wasn't such a lone wolf lol - would be quite good picking people up and dropping them off, putting snipers on rooftops, etc.

But yeah, I hope it's more like what we wanted the Savage to be. i.e. Not made of paper, and not with a tiny range, etc.

I call it a gimmick because despite its spacious compartment, it carries only 2 passengers like the Buzzard.

I mean yes, the Hind is incapable of carrying troops and a full weapon load, but it also isn't made of paper.

• Kushology and Goingcrowd9 like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Happy Hunter, 4 weeks ago.

I call it a gimmick because despite its spacious compartment, it carries only 2 passengers like the Buzzard.

I mean yes, the Hind is incapable of carrying troops and a full weapon load, but it also isn't made of paper.

Oh yeah in that way absolutely.

Given its armour it should hold the full 8 in my opinion. Even buffed, should at least be 4-6 in the back.

• Kushology, , alkaline_ and 2 others like this

ntinoskonsta
  • ntinoskonsta

Lawless Inc. CEO

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've been thinking about how the Hunter will fare against everything else currently fighting for dominance, and it occurred to me that R* likes power creep, AKA making new vehicles stronger so that they are more enticing to buy, thus increasing shark card sales. If they also apply this to the Hunter, I can see it giving Hydras second thoughts... :D

• Kushology, alkaline_, Goingcrowd9 and 2 others like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Rustled Jimmies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's fantastic news that this thread could finally be made! We have achieved victory!

I'm just hoping that the Hunter isn't a letdown, but with the strength of the Gunrunning vehicles, I'm sure it'll be able to take a fair bit of damage.

• V4S, Kushology,  and 9 others like this


  • 

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Can't wait to try this in contact missions like The Los Santos Connection.

• V4S, MitchMaljers, Kushology and 11 others like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users