San Andreas in your national languages.

18 replies to this topic
33zero33
  • 33zero33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

Has San Andreas been released in your countries in your national languages?

I remember that first edition of SA in Poland was only EN/DE/IT/SPA/FR, but re-release also contained polish-patch. I hate PL version. SA lost all its climate, some words made it hilarious, so I returned to EN version quickly.

It maybe interesting, but word 'f*ck' can be translated for ~5 different polish words depending on context.

Luckily only subtitles were translated. Voices are still original, thanks to the fact we don't have any black professional actors/voice actors etc. in Poland.

• Jeansowaty likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Don't have any Black Professional who speak Polish....

Child, It is Only in America that the Negro was taught/required to speak the Bastardized English to show how "inferior" they are.

In all other languages a listener cannot tell the race by accent merely because of race. (exceptions).

The Negro in American speech has become a Culture unto itself. With blacks for the most part condemning themselves by their lack of acceptance to American dialect English.  (aka: Lizza Doolittle syndrome).

• Mysterdogg likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

In the french version we also have the original voices with subtitles.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:28 PM Edited by Bender ุ, 24 August 2017 - 11:29 PM.

In Japanese PS2 version there are few in-game changes, but voice lines seems to be original as well.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

No Hindi version for San Andreas and I don't ever imagine a GTA Game being released in Hindi either. It'd be like one of those disgusting Soap Operas.
  • The_Human likes this

33zero33
  • 33zero33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Shah Rukh Khan as Tenpenny

• KollA likes this

markusizr
  • markusizr

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

On russian version is
Big smoke = Steam locomotive
Sweet= Handsome

Kizoky
  • Kizoky

Reality is illusion

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

They sell GTA SA in my country too, but nothing changed. The language remained the same (English). It's very rare for my country to have a dubbed game

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Nothing in the original content is modified in the french version, the characters keep their names and the billboards for example remain in english.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

On russian version is
Sweet= Handsome

Was the Russian version changed at all? I wouldn't have thought the Russian government would have liked it very much that the Russians were antagonists.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:31 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 01 September 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Nope,in Croatia we played the original English version.

There is some mod called GTA Croatia that has Croatian subtitles,turns GTA cars into cars commonly found in Europe,and turns LS gangs into Croatian football/soccer fan groups such as Dinamo and Hajduk,but that mod looks silly IMO (while there are brawls between rival football fan groups sometimes,none of them are carrying SMGs and shooting at rival fans,not to mention seeing late 90s and early 2000s European market cars in early 90s LA is ridiculously out of place).

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:33 AM

No game back in 2005 ever had Arabic support, it's only recently with various games like FIFA, Just Cause 3, Watch Dogs 2, WWE 2K and Call of duty that started supporting that Language.

That and the fact that GTA San Andreas was never released over here officially back in the day so we only got whatever imported version we bought. Hell i would be surprised if R* decided to make official Arabic support for GTA V considering how the console version got banned. 

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

On russian version is
Sweet= Handsome

A dubbed version is almost always inferior in my opinion. Even if the translations have received fair amount of work, different voice actors make it harder to identify the characters. I think the majority of Russian players agree that translations aren't good, especially unofficial ones widespread in this region. I'm surprised that the attitude appears to be different in Germany. All German Let's Plays on the web that I've seen are with a German version (or subtitles in the case of San Andreas). The people seem quite proficient in English in general and adopt many English words in their speech.

glose
  • glose

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Was the Russian version changed at all? I wouldn't have thought the Russian government would have liked it very much that the Russians were antagonists.

No, it wasn't. Our government hasn't paid much attention to video games back then (anyway Russian mafia appears only in two or three missions in GTA SA). Plus we don't really have rigid censorship.

A dubbed version is almost always inferior in my opinion. Even if the translations have received fair amount of work, different voice actors make it harder to identify the characters. I think the majority of Russian players agree that translations aren't good, especially unofficial ones widespread in this region. I'm surprised that the attitude appears to be different in Germany. All German Let's Plays on the web that I've seen are with a German version (or subtitles in the case of San Andreas). The people seem quite proficient in English in general and adopt many English words in their speech.

Actually, Russian version is not dubbed, only subtitles were translated (and a lot of people had to play poorly translated unofficial versions until 2010, when the official translation came out). About translations i'd say that half of Russian players prefer original versions with subtitles and the other half prefer dubbed versions. Fortunately dubbed versions are pretty decent these days.

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

I once bought a copy of SA and it was in Russian (which I don't understand and I don't live in a former USSR country) and t had a different storyline. I understood nothing but there were different missions. I don't remember where I live the disk either but if anyone knows what version I'm talking about it would be great.

nader91
  • nader91

B.G.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

german/austrian ps2 version had the english language but german subtitles which you could enable/disable.

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:07 AM Edited by Terrc87, 25 September 2017 - 10:14 AM.

GTA series wouldn't change the voice over with another voice from different country because it would messed up so bad and it would lose the true atmosphere about the GTA itself. Just look MAFIA I, its italian-american theme, A classic mafia storytales from prohibition era while the voice over speak a Czech language, lmao it messed up the game so bad.Anyhow, GTA SA in my country, Indonesia only change the text with my country language and the funny is the one who change the text (which is I presumably think its a pirate game) using a gxt editor to change the original entry line and its quite funny and it only translate about 30% of the text itself, lol.

IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:47 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 25 September 2017 - 12:51 PM. Removed Warez Link

In Indonesia here, there is a version named "GTA San Andreas versi Indonesia untuk PS2" It seems like an unofficially fan-made or pirated games.
As the translation itself only 35% Complete.
There is also PC version named GTA Extreme Indonesia by Naufal Irfan which is a heavily-modded GTA San Andreas. His translation is 100% and hilarious cuz it contains all Indonesian-adult Jokes.

Link Removed - Don't link to Illegal Full Game Downloads.

Sidaredd
  • Sidaredd

I can run GTA V on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and 1.5 Ghz CPU

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

In Turkey, GTA San Andreas is originally English but there are lot of Turkish translation mods. Some mods are adding new things, changing textures but some mods just changes american.gxt so you can play vanilla San Andreas in Turkish. They are translated very good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users