Photo

GTA IV weird freezing

3 replies to this topic
DeSanta1710
  • DeSanta1710

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DeSanta1710, 4 weeks ago.

Hi there, I'm struggling to make my GTA IV work.

This is the problem: After loading my game, Niko appears in his appartment. But, as soon as I get to the hallway, the game freezes for no apparent reason. The only solution that I find to this issue is to press Alt + Tab, go to the desktop and then go back to GTA IV. This only works for a couple of seconds, though. This problem makes the game UNPLAYABLE, which is very annoying because I spent money on the game, and I feel like an idiot when trying to fix it. 

Computer specs (it's a laptop)

-Nvidia GT 930M 2GB

-8GB RAM

-Intel Core i7

-Windows 10 (64 bit)

I have played the game before in this same computer, but I had to reset it, so the game was deleted. Now, when I try to play it, this annoying issue happens.

Help and thank you!

DeSanta1710
  • DeSanta1710

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ok, so now something has changed. I installed 1.0.8.0, and now, when I start the game, the ''2006-2009 bla bla bla'' screen appears, and it seems to be stuck in there forever, nothing else happens. Would appreciate some help, please.

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Gunnalingus, 3 weeks ago.

VSync on/off could help.

Try downloading xliveless  (disables games for windows) as games for windows live can cause problems especially on newer operating systems.

DeSanta1710
  • DeSanta1710

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

VSync on/off could help.

Try downloading xliveless  (disables games for windows) as games for windows live can cause problems especially on newer operating systems.

So yes, it's probably fixed now. Thank you so much! I'll leave the thread open in case I get any other errors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users