[#18] Customs, Cruisers, and Classics: "Rolling Phenom" ⛽

13 replies to this topic
V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°t pⱻssⱻɹdɯᴉ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by V4S, 3 weeks ago.

coverfinal.png

(Cover photos provided by: testarossa, caysle, randoom., professional amateur, dangerz0nex, sirwillc, pininfarina, and icebergg slimm)

Welcome enthusiast to issue #18 of Customs, Cruisers, and Classics! The last vehicle of the grueling Gunrunning DLC drip-feed has arrived and it is the Ocelot Ardent! No new additional features in this issue but the previous features are here to stay! We also have awesome photographer and community member, the_potato as our featured photographer!

Unfortunately, no one found my hidden Easter egg in the last issue (highlight the space between the models photos 2&3 in Issue #17) so none of you scallywags will be getting a slightly used 4GB Microsoft Zune! so I won't be hiding anymore Easter eggs in the future...
or will I.

544.gif

Thank you very much for your continued support of CC&C, please Enjoy!

vnfinal.png

The Ocelot Ardent

ardent.jpg

Photo by: Plage

As you probably already know by now, the Ocelot Ardent has been released and is the last vehicles to be released as part of the Gunrunning update. Did Rockstar save the best for last? Well, for starters it features a mid-engine rear wheel drive layout and is part of the Sports Classics class. One unusual feature that the Ardent possesses is its ability to also... fire bullets from its front bumper. The vehicle does not have bullet proof or bullet resistant windows and it takes a hit like any ordinary car, armor wise.

Many members had taken note of its front bumper guns before its initial release and speculated that the ardent was going to be a subversive vehicle, inspired after the most famous Lotus Espirits of all time from the James Bond classic, "The Spy That Loved me."

image.jpg
The Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)

Sadly, this was not the case as the Ardent's description on Warstock Cache & Carry even mentions it is not submersible and you will more than likely drown:

"It's a rare car that allows you to be perfectly composed, effortlessly suave and extraordinarily violent all at the same time - and yet, somehow, the Ardent does all that and more. Behind the wheel of this masterpiece there's nothing you can't do: lose your pursuers, pop the dual machine guns, gun down the survivors, drop a pithy remark, open the champagne, have a quickie, drive into the sea, realize you've made a terrible mistake, and swiftly drown."

So put away your tuxedo and save your money from those insurance bills.

image.jpg
The Ocelot Ardent mostly resembles a Lotus Espirit (1987-93).

There are many other concerns numerous buyers are having with the Ardent such as, not having the option to change the interior color, its pixelated and stretched out front license plate, non-working fog lights, its tendencies to not clear sidewalk curbs, and probably the most annoying of all -it can't be raced! That's right, despite its positives of being a great handling, zippy car, its not allowed in races due to it being a "weaponized" vehicle! We can only hope Rockstar allows this great looking car into the races someday to compete with the top contenders of its class such as the Turismo Classic, Cheetah Classic, and Sterling GT.

The Ardent has a price tag of $1,150,000 and can be purchased on the Warstock Cache & Carry website. So maybe the Ardent was not exactly the best vehicle in the bunch. Do you have a favorite? Do you even play GTA anymore? The Ardent discussion continues HERE.

A Wild "Hunter" Appears!

877.png

Photo by: @Yan2295 via Twitter

In aircraft vehicle news, respected and trustworthy GTAF newtwork partner Yan2295 has raised a few eyebrows recently when he changed the background image of his Twitter account to an AH-64D Apache helicopter mod, which is what the Hunter in the GTA universe is based off of. This of course ignited hype rumors in the DLC Speculation Thread of the possibility of the Hunter or even a Gunrunning Part II DLC coming in the future. No official statement from Rockstar of the possibility of the Hunter or a Gunrunning II has been released, so don't get excited just yet.

**UPDATE**

Rockstar announced today, August 24th 2017, the latest installment for GTA Online, Smuggler's Run will be coming out on Aug 29th among many other aircraft vehicles, the Hunter will be one of them!

fhfinal.png

Carrythxd - Various

carrythxd.png

AlphaSierra111996 - Ocelot XA-21

alphasierra.png

Caysle - Truffade Nero Customs

caysle_-_truffade_nero_customs.jpg

MGgames100 - Maibatsu Vincent

mggames100_-_maibatsu_vincent.png

the_potato - MTL Flatbed

potato.png

-Kaas - Pegassi Monroe

-kaas_-_pegassi_monroe.jpg

Unruly - Principe Diablous Custom

unruly_-_principe_diablous_custom.jpg

overgone - Dinka Flash

overgone.png

arthur fookin shelby - Vulcar Warrener

arthur_fooking_shelby_-_vular_warrener.j

Spectacus - Vapid Contender

spectacus_-_vapid_contender.png

D.B. Cooper - Vapid Coyote

d.b._cooper_-_vapid_coyote.jpg

_MK_ - Vapid Trophy Truck

vapid_-_trophy_truck.jpg

Voit Turyv - Invetero Coquette

voit_turyv_-_invetero_coquette_IV.jpg

STOLARS - Ocelot XA-21stolars_-_ocelot_xa21.png

superstreet556 - Karin Sultan RS

superstreet556_-_Sultan_RS.jpg

FutureClassic - Ocelot Jackal

futureclassic.png

Captain Owlfeg - Benefactor Schafter

captain_owlfeg_-_benefactor_schafter_IV.

JoonasPRKL - Mazda RX-7

joonas.png

Jxcob - Declasse Tornado

jxcob_-_declasse_tornado.jpg

TeeKoo - Honda Civic Hatchback

teekoo-_honda_civic_hatchback.png

CaptianBackwoods - Grotti Carbonizzare

captianbackwoods_-_grotti_carbonizare.jp

pinupbanner.jpg

In each issue Arthur Fookin Shelby will have the tedious job of picking a weekly pin-up girl for the readers pleasure enjoyment joy! The photos will always be work safe but put in spoiler tags so you may have the option of viewing them whenever you choose; or don't click it because y'no, you just wanted to strictly see cars :cool: !

This weeks pin-up girl is:

Antje Utgaard

Spoiler

musicofpeople.jpg

Each week I will feature a video clip of the pure sound of some of the best sounding cars/bikes to ever grace this planet! The videos will always be put in spoiler tags so you may view at your own time and to avoid mobile users from accidentally clicking the play button when scrolling. Time to tickle your brain with the vibrations of
The Song of my People!

Spoiler

fpfinal.png

potatofinal.png

the_potato is a featured regular in our snapmatic selection, often times in the form of a "rolling" shot -one of my personal favorite styles! He also provides a variety of snaps from off-road, supers, and classics. Please welcome, the_potato!
----
What console do you primarily play on?
I primarily play on the PC.

What got you interested in cars/bikes?
Videogames such as FlatOut, NFS Porsche Unleashed and NFS Underground.

How long have you been into the GTA series games?
I've been into the GTA series for about 15 years.

Are you part of a GTA Online crew?
GTA Cartel

Do you play with anyone from GTAF? (please name)
Coffelolz and Ryo.

Is there anyone that you would like to play from GTAF?
Anyone that would like to play with me!

If you could coordinate the perfect Car Meet in GTA Online, what would it look like?
Bunch of cool guys with their beloved vehicles cruising around the map and no crashing, no guns blazing and talking about all sorts of things.

Do you have a preference in what type of cars/bikes you shoot? (Japanese, American, Euro, etc)
No preference, I shoot all sorts.

You always have a great variety of snaps!
What is your favorite vehicle in the GTA series of all time?
I would say, the Windsor from GTA San Andreas.

Is there a vehicle from any GTA series that you would want to see return?
There are so many! But since the Windsor is my favorite, I would have to stick to the GTA SA Windsor.

What is your favorite car or bike in real life?
BMW 850i
91-850-02.jpg

As an enthusiast, what is your biggest automotive pet peeves seen within the car community? ie: I hate really cambered cars! People who call themselves car people but hate on other foreign brands! etc
I find coal rollers and donks extremely stupid. I also don't like too much camber and extremely stretched tires!

I can't stand "Demon" camber either, its a bit much!
Can you name your favorite car/racing game of all time?
Test Drive Unlimited is easily my favorite.

One of my personal favorites! TDU2 wasn't as good as the first.
Do you use any vehicle type mods (wheel packs, vstancer, etc)? (if PC user)
I use Lore Friendly Wheels Pack and Vstancer.

Do you use any other type of photo editors or graphic mods (if PC user)?
For graphic mods I use VisualV and sometimes use Photoshop to touch up pics.

Do you have any photography tips for the readers?
Use the Rockstar Editor and experiment with it. If you are on PC I recommend the Extended Video Export mod as many previously featured photographers have already mentioned.

I really wish there was an Extended Video Export on console :(
Is there anything you would like to see be added in GTAF in the future?
I cant think of anything at the moment. GTAF seems to be good the way it is currently.

Exclusive photo provided just for CC&C!
36403651621_197191d971_h.jpg
----
Many thanks to the_potato for taking the time for this Q&A! The community continues to look forward to your wonderful snaps!

idfinal2.png
Previous Customs, Cruisers, and Classics Issues: #17#16, #15
Want a better chance of your snap to be featured? Share them here! Vehicle Screenshots: Custom Rides & Garages
Looking for a factory color or need something custom tailored? Kustom Crew Color Requests
In search of a Car Meet or want to host your own? Find Lobbies & Players
Wanna talk cars and photography or want to promote your Workshop?
Questions, Comments, or Feedback?

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable photo hosting site that can also resize photos upon uploading? I know imgur is good but they do not have resizing options. Since the thread is pic heavy I try to keep the filesize down to improve load times. I've been using Postimage but if a photo is originally a .jpg it destroys the quality. Thanks!
  • JoonasPRKL, livejoker, Carrythxd and 29 others like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Rustled Jimmies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hey, I recognise that Windsor in the CC&C graphic! Never liked the owner of it though, such a tryhard posh type.

As always, a fantastic sound and an even more fantastic showcase!

• V4S, The Happy Clown, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

CaptianBackwoods
  • CaptianBackwoods

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Some awesome shots all around again. Love the rolling shots, hate that there ain't anyway to do em on console. That Trophy Truck is sick too, looks almost the same as mine 😄.
  • V4S likes this

the_potato
  • the_potato

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ayy, thanks for the interview :) Keep up the great work!

• V4S, STOLARS and Professional Amateur like this

JoonasPRKL
  • JoonasPRKL

No More Drank

• Facade Corporation
  • Finland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

Fantastic issue! Awesome shots from people and great interview!
Keep up the good work! :)
  • V4S, alkaline_, STOLARS and 1 other like this

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is this the first time a law enforcement vehicle gets featured in this series? :D

• V4S and alkaline_ like this

Nero
  • Nero

custom grenade pin

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

HOT

• V4S and alkaline_ like this

FutureClassic
  • FutureClassic

Rat

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nice edition and awesome shots everyone! Thank you for featuring me ❤️
  • V4S likes this

SirWillC
  • SirWillC

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Good showcase as usual nice to be featured in the cover photo this week. Keep it up!
  • V4S likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 3 weeks ago.

Great edition! Glad I discovered this thru GTAF Weekly (better late than sorry). Also, select the text under this comment.

#2B4255 is the HEX code for the background color, paste it on the 'More Colors...' box for extra-secret messages.

• V4S likes this

Android
  • Android

Popsicle

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Android, 3 weeks ago.

Great issue! Imgur does actually give you the ability to resize, but the feature itself is very wonky and unpredictable. In my experience, it's almost like a hit and miss, where sometimes it works the way you want it to and then sometimes it doesn't.. which is why I typically just do it manually in a program like PS.

You should be able to see the Edit Image option once you hover over the image and then over the little drop down button. 

eipRV2W.png

• V4S likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

October 1st

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by livejoker, 3 weeks ago.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- I swear on my f*cking account that I found the easter egg in the last issue. Just didn't mention it cause I thought someone else found it already. Goddamnit. Here I was hoping I'd win a Zune, whatever that is.

I've got a suggestion. I think it was Mach that mentioned this trick (I can't recall) but basically for taking "action" shots you put the drunk shake at about 6-7 in Director Mode and, if done nicely, can mimic (on a poor level) shutter speed. Now I know many of the pics here are on PC or/and touched up via Photoshop for shutter speed. I'm wondering if it would be possible for the issue to sometimes feature car photography tips? More precisely, shutter speed. It makes any rolling shot come alive and not some static car in the street.
by the way, THIS is an easter egg.
Awesome issue as always. The day I go blind is the day I stop reading these. Braille version when?

Also, hidden easter egg in this post.
  • V4S and DOUGL4S1 like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°t pⱻssⱻɹdɯᴉ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by V4S, 3 weeks ago.

Is this the first time a law enforcement vehicle gets featured in this series? :D

I believe so! Carrythxd had law enforcement Coquette in their photo in issue #16 but felt the focus was more on Emperor. 

Great edition! Glad I discovered this thru GTAF Weekly (better late than sorry). Also, select the text under this comment.

#2B4255 is the HEX code for the background color, paste it on the 'More Colors...' box for extra-secret messages.

Thank you! Glad we have another reader :) Thank you for the hex too, I may use it in the future!

Great issue! Imgur does actually give you the ability to resize, but the feature itself is very wonky and unpredictable. In my experience, it's almost like a hit and miss, where sometimes it works the way you want it to and then sometimes it doesn't.. which is why I typically just do it manually in a program like PS.

You should be able to see the Edit Image option once you hover over the image and then over the little drop down button. 

Oh I didn't know that about imgur, thanks for the tip Android! Since it isn't reliable I may just have to manually resize them and save them as png's it might be the only way for now!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- I swear on my f*cking account that I found the easter egg in the last issue. Just didn't mention it cause I thought someone else found it already. Goddamnit. Here I was hoping I'd win a Zune, whatever that is.

I've got a suggestion. I think it was Mach that mentioned this trick (I can't recall) but basically for taking "action" shots you put the drunk shake at about 6-7 in Director Mode and, if done nicely, can mimic (on a poor level) shutter speed. Now I know many of the pics here are on PC or/and touched up via Photoshop for shutter speed. I'm wondering if it would be possible for the issue to sometimes feature car photography tips? More precisely, shutter speed. It makes any rolling shot come alive and not some static car in the street.
by the way, THIS is an easter egg.
Awesome issue as always. The day I go blind is the day I stop reading these. Braille version when?

Also, hidden easter egg in this post.

I know exactly what you are talking about in terms of the drunk shake to give the background a blurry, in-motion feel. As you mentioned, the sad part about that is, although the car is in motion, the wheels don't have that spinny blur also known as the "stroboscopic effect" I think. I get turned off by using it I ended up just doing all of my blur in PS to capture the motion, or "rolling" shots. I'm obviously a console peasant.

BEFORE

image.png

AFTER

image.png

(obviously not as clean and crisp as extended video export, but with what limited PS skills I have, I try!)

In each interview I do ask the photographer for any tips but sometimes maybe they don't want to give away their secrets!

Braille version coming in 2032, I also found your easter egg when I quoted you :D

• JoonasPRKL, livejoker, Voit Turyv and 7 others like this

AfroKloud
  • AfroKloud

AK .

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Love the issue and awesome shots! Great interview by the way :)
  • V4S likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users