Imponte Duke o' Death GTA Online

32 replies to this topic
TiberiusMcQueen
  • TiberiusMcQueen

Foolhardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I definitely think the DoD is overall better than the Kuruma, the only real advantage of the kuruma is against gunfire, but even then the Duke still provides a decent amount of protection in that regard, in the explosion fest that is GTA:O the DoD can be a lifesaver. In a contact mission though the Kuruma has no equal, but to be honest I think the kuruma just makes contact missions boring, and so long as you're smart the Duke will keep you safe.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah the DoD is destroyed from a minimum of 2 vehicle proximity mines. 

my duke o death survived 7 of them

I've no doubt about that, hence why I used the word "minimum". There's several variables that come into play when looking at the explosive damage/ resistance of things. Admittedly, my test was simply driving over the mines deployed by someone else with a fresh car, ensuring that the explosion happened as close to the engine bay as possible, so driving over them at speed where the explosion may only happen at the rear-end, is likely to be doing less damage - but that's why sometimes it's 2 to destroy and other times it's 7 (etc). 

One thing I found interesting is it seems the armoured vehicles from the Executives & Other Criminals update (like the Baller, Schafter and Cognoscenti and then from Finance & Felony, the XLS) seem to always get destroyed after two explosives, regardless of what type of explosive weapon system is used - be it Sticky Bombs, the Homing Launcher's missiles or even the most powerful weapon in the game - the Dual 20mm Flak cannon (that's subject to change with tomorrow's update). 

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

Gta V lover and Georgia Bulldog fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah the DoD is destroyed from a minimum of 2 vehicle proximity mines. 

my duke o death survived 7 of them

I've no doubt about that, hence why I used the word "minimum". There's several variables that come into play when looking at the explosive damage/ resistance of things. Admittedly, my test was simply driving over the mines deployed by someone else with a fresh car, ensuring that the explosion happened as close to the engine bay as possible, so driving over them at speed where the explosion may only happen at the rear-end, is likely to be doing less damage - but that's why sometimes it's 2 to destroy and other times it's 7 (etc). 

One thing I found interesting is it seems the armoured vehicles from the Executives & Other Criminals update (like the Baller, Schafter and Cognoscenti and then from Finance & Felony, the XLS) seem to always get destroyed after two explosives, regardless of what type of explosive weapon system is used - be it Sticky Bombs, the Homing Launcher's missiles or even the most powerful weapon in the game - the Dual 20mm Flak cannon (that's subject to change with tomorrow's update). 
there's a new update coming out tomorrow?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users