Imponte Duke o' Death GTA Online

32 replies to this topic
Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

Gta V lover and Georgia Bulldog fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Is the Duke o' death stronger than the armored koruma and is it worth the price in GTA Online

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by N R G, 4 weeks ago.

Uhm, it kind of depends. The Dukes is armoured by the Kuruma isn't, the Kuruma is bullet resistant. I think they're both worth it tbh. I have both.

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The DOD is my favorite GTA vehicle. It's fast, powerful, and can ram other cars clean off the road. You can use it in muscle car races as a bonus!
This being said, if you're just starting out, buy the Armored Kuruma first. Its bullet resistance will see you thru fights much more safely than the DOD. I have both.
Really, you should get the Kuruma, then a Buzzard. These are probably the two best investments a player can make. After that, get the DOD.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Gaffa™, 4 weeks ago.

"Stronger" depends on what type of weapon system is being used against it and also the scenario - whether someone is inside the vehicle or not. 

For example:

Duke O' Death will be destroyed with 3 Homing Launcher missiles, or 5 if someone's sitting in the vehicle - whereas the Armoured Kuruma will always be destroyed from 1 Homing Launcher missile, regardless of whether someone's in it or not. 

On the other hand, if someone's in the Armoured Kuruma and they're being shot at with explosive rounds fired from the Heavy Sniper Rifle Mk.2, the vehicle will only blow up from (a minimum of) 7 shots, whereas with the DoD - whether someone's in it or not - will blow up with 4 explosive rounds. 

aDigitalPhantom
  • aDigitalPhantom

4E69636F6C65

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The DOD is my favorite GTA vehicle. It's fast, powerful, and can ram other cars clean off the road. You can use it in muscle car races as a bonus!
This being said, if you're just starting out, buy the Armored Kuruma first. Its bullet resistance will see you thru fights much more safely than the DOD. I have both.
Really, you should get the Kuruma, then a Buzzard. These are probably the two best investments a player can make. After that, get the DOD.

If you're a returning player and you didn't transfer your progress than the Duke'O'Death makes a great starter car for the low price of free.
  • Nossirag likes this

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Which car is stronger against impact from crashing

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ not sure but they're both pretty tough in crashes. I'd guess the dod, It deffinitely rams better.

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by jerryinohio78, 4 weeks ago.

Both have the same ramming power in multiplayer.

Find the dod in single player and see how much of a beast that thing is.lol

Imagine the ramming power of three insurgents. You can,hit a car hard enough it will explode.dod won't do that online.
  • bulldog385 and Nossirag like this

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Both have the same ramming power in multiplayer.
Find the dod in single player and see how much of a beast that thing is.lol

Imagine the ramming power of three insurgents. You can,hit a car hard enough it will explode.dod won't do that online.

But it's still strong as hell.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 4 weeks ago

Idk I think the DoD is has better ramming power than the Kuruma online. At least it sure as sh*t feels like it does. 

• Aslad likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Idk I think the DoD is has better ramming power than the Kuruma online. At least it sure as sh*t feels like it does. 

Best way to compare is get a wanted level and ram cop cars. I don't know why (has to be a script) but god can't you send them flying. You probably won't be able to tell exactly which is better but you'll have a ton of fun doing it.
  • m2roadwarrior likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 4 weeks ago

Best way to compare is get a wanted level and ram cop cars. I don't know why (has to be a script) but god can't you send them flying. You probably won't be able to tell exactly which is better but you'll have a ton of fun doing it.

Yeah, but I will never personally own a Kuruma so someone else has to test.

Actually, I am 100% sure there have been a bunch of tests for these cars already. OP would do good to search Youtube.

Johnny362000
  • Johnny362000

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

the DoD weighs 5000kg to the Armoured Kuruma's 3200kg, that's why it's better at ramming

• Nossirag likes this

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

So the Duke o death is the better car

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In my opinion, there's more to ramming ability than just how far you can send another car flying.

I like to also consider how the car you're driving reacts when you ram another vehicle. Some cars deflect more than others, meaning that when they hit something else, they go off to one side or spin out.

The Kuruma has horrible deflection, in my opinion. When you hit another car you never know quite how the Kiruma will react, but there's a good bet it's not going to keep on going straight.

The Duke of Death is a little better in this regard, but it's still a muscle car and can be a little tail-happy at times.

In contrast, the Insurgent has great deflection. You can hit just about any car and the Insurgent will keep on going straight ahead, or perhaps off at a slight angle but not so much that you lose control.

The new Nightshark has been said to be just about as good at ramming as the Insurgent is, but in my opinion it deflects from your intended path more than the Insurgent does. It's still a better rammer than either of the two mentioned cars, though.

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 4 weeks ago

Dukes also has amazing traction despite not having a spoiler, the Kuruma is insanely fast offroad though

• Nossirag likes this

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In my opinion, there's more to ramming ability than just how far you can send another car flying.

I like to also consider how the car you're driving reacts when you ram another vehicle. Some cars deflect more than others, meaning that when they hit something else, they go off to one side or spin out.

The Kuruma has horrible deflection, in my opinion. When you hit another car you never know quite how the Kiruma will react, but there's a good bet it's not going to keep on going straight.

The Duke of Death is a little better in this regard, but it's still a muscle car and can be a little tail-happy at times.

In contrast, the Insurgent has great deflection. You can hit just about any car and the Insurgent will keep on going straight ahead, or perhaps off at a slight angle but not so much that you lose control.

The new Nightshark has been said to be just about as good at ramming as the Insurgent is, but in my opinion it deflects from your intended path more than the Insurgent does. It's still a better rammer than either of the two mentioned cars, though.

I'm talking about how well it is after the impact of the ram

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

The armored Kuruma easily tops the DOD for use in missions against npc's as it is almost bulletproof. The DOD is great and free to some, but if not free i would purchase the Insurgent before purchasing the DOD. The Insurgent is better than the DOD in ramming and explosives resistance.

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The armored Kuruma easily tops the DOD for use in missions against npc's as it is almost bulletproof. The DOD is great and free to some, but if not free i would purchase the Insurgent before purchasing the DOD. The Insurgent is better than the DOD in ramming and explosives resistance.

But this is based on ramming power

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Aaronturner505, 4 weeks ago.

But the armor in the rear windshield is almost completely bulletproof , however the Windows aren't all that bulletproof. So given that, should I sell the DoD for 400,000 and buy the Insurgent or keep the DoD

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

If it feels like I'm not making much sense it's because I have some allergies right now

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

How about just buy All 3? Be a Pokemon ...Uh I Mean GTA Vehicle Master ... and Catch them All !! LOL

BTW If You offroad Much, get an Insurgent. I'm beginning to think The Kuruma was built by an aircraft Engineer. Everytime I Do Missions like the EMP Mission for HLH, and take the winding Dirt Road pass the Bridge to the Place where the Insurgent is parked, The D*** Thing wants to grow wings and take Flight.. and Its always Raining which makes it worse. But Thats just in My Experience. I'm not a Good Driver by any means. They dont call me the Demolisher for nothing LOL.

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

How about just buy All 3? Be a Pokemon ...Uh I Mean GTA Vehicle Master ... and Catch them All !! LOL

BTW If You offroad Much, get an Insurgent. I'm beginning to think The Kuruma was built by an aircraft Engineer. Everytime I Do Missions like the EMP Mission for HLH, and take the winding Dirt Road pass the Bridge to the Place where the Insurgent is parked, The D*** Thing wants to grow wings and take Flight.. and Its always Raining which makes it worse. But Thats just in My Experience. I'm not a Good Driver by any means. They dont call me the Demolisher for nothing LOL.

I'm not much of a Pokemon watcher I can't afford to buy all 3

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Keep the dod. It's fast and pretty well protected for blasting through free roam. All the insurgents have normal windows so u get shout out easier. Just get an insurgent when it goes on sale.

Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Kuruma - Good for work against NPCs as it's got tiny slits for windows, making it difficult to be killed by an NPC whilst driving it. Also, it doesn't lose any traction offroad (the only car in the game to do so). Can be a bit skittish and likes to fly though. Easy to drive as it's AWD. Got a very good firing arc for shooting, as it has few "blind spots" where you can't shoot from the driver's seat.

Duke O' Death - Personal favourite. Can be tail happy, but insanely fun to drive. Very good for ramming other cars off the road. However you're more vulnerable to small arms fire as the bulletproof spots are larger than on the Kuruma. Can take more explosives though - as already mentioned, it can survive an RPG hit whereas the Kuruma can't.

Insurgent - Eh, never owned one myself. Too big and blundery for my taste, but it gets the job done. You're still quite vulnerable to small arms fire though. 

Basically it comes down to personal taste over which one you want, but to start with I'd recommend the Kuruma if you want it for jobs and the like. It's the easiest to use by far. However, the DoD is more fun and takes a bit more skill if you want to use it in a competitive/aggressive manner against both players and NPCs. 

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Kuruma - Good for work against NPCs as it's got tiny slits for windows, making it difficult to be killed by an NPC whilst driving it. Also, it doesn't lose any traction offroad (the only car in the game to do so). Can be a bit skittish and likes to fly though. Easy to drive as it's AWD. Got a very good firing arc for shooting, as it has few "blind spots" where you can't shoot from the driver's seat.

Duke O' Death - Personal favourite. Can be tail happy, but insanely fun to drive. Very good for ramming other cars off the road. However you're more vulnerable to small arms fire as the bulletproof spots are larger than on the Kuruma. Can take more explosives though - as already mentioned, it can survive an RPG hit whereas the Kuruma can't.

Insurgent - Eh, never owned one myself. Too big and blundery for my taste, but it gets the job done. You're still quite vulnerable to small arms fire though. 

Basically it comes down to personal taste over which one you want, but to start with I'd recommend the Kuruma if you want it for jobs and the like. It's the easiest to use by far. However, the DoD is more fun and takes a bit more skill if you want to use it in a competitive/aggressive manner against both players and NPCs. 

so yesterday I was chasing a guy down but he was dropping mined which didn't blow up the Duke o death but I did lose control and slid off road

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah the DoD is destroyed from a minimum of 2 vehicle proximity mines. 

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah the DoD is destroyed from a minimum of 2 vehicle proximity mines. 

my duke o death survived 7 of them

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't sell your DOD. I'm biased, as I said before it's my single most favorite vehicle. I bought it first too. Before even a high end apartment.
Since you've got it, get good with it. It will make you a better player than if you'd bought the Kuruma.
I have the big 3 of OG Armored PVs. The Duke will always be my favorite.

Aaronturner505
  • Aaronturner505

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The duke o death is fast strong and is tough to destroy with just bullets

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users