GTA V Solar eclipses and the chiliad mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
Technosjaak
  • Technosjaak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Technosjaak, 4 weeks ago.

Hello everybody!

I really think this subject needs its own Topic. After years of gta still the main easter egg isnt solved. The Chiliad Mystery! Many of us have been strugling and spent hours searching for anything.

I was always fasinated by the sun and moon in gta, it was really hard to understand it because i was not able to see the moon when the sun was up. Many times i gave up but still i thought about the solar eclipses. All the google searches went to Lunar eclipses! Nobody was paiing attention to the Solar eclipses, only a few i have found over the years. One on the east and one on the west side.

A few days ago i was testing a bit with the weather type in director mode and found out for my self that i was able to see the moon near the sun from this point on everything was able again. So i took my old notitie's and wanted to load my differend safe games. But offcourse they were al gone. So i needed to sleep al lot to skip theday in gta. From that point every day i made new discoveries some i never heared anyone about.

Here is the video where i found out when the moon and sun would cross each other.

After this one i exedentaly noticed that i was on the day after the day when i recorded the clip in. And from there offcourse i was going to test al the positions that were hot in my calculations. (Yes it was hard without director mode)

Here is that video

During the make of that video i was thinking about the next one offcourse because the sun will rise again to. Again with hazy weather activated it was penuts to find them. I really think they put in director mode for us to solve mysterys. After a few tests more amd more felt in place for me. I think we've made a big step in order to solve the mystery!

Here is my last video on this moment

https://youtu.be/U4vV9wMJcMc

Okay let me try to explane what i think. Offcourse i have thougth about that the eclipse should be visable on whole the map when it is there. But if you could see this from everywhere on the map with all the clear weather type, you could just look up to the sun and move your self until the moon is strait infrond of the sun, and that is the point where you see a black "sun" but gta isn't the same as the real word. In the real world the moon orbiths the world. In gta the moon orbiths the map and so in the game the map is the world. So even the solar eclips will not cover the whole "world" in gta.

Pleas let me know what you think and it would be great if every one joins the search to solve the chiliad mural!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm under the impression that this is probably just the cloud cover causing this effect. If they programmed an eclipse, why would it be so half-assed looking? This "eclipse" is just the sun looking blotted out behind a rain cloud, an actual eclipse looks a lot different.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 4 weeks ago.

Thing is the moon isn't an actual 3D mesh object. It's only a texture. The sun and moon may cross as your first example demonstrates, but you won't ever get the eclipse effect because the moon can't cast a shadow.

Also, the Chilliad mural I solved long time ago. The mural ultimately represents the never-ending search for the reason and truth of humanity. The UFO demonstrating extraterrestrial life and self-referencing the GTAV 100 percent UFOs. The Egg represents "birth" and self-references the Epsilon cult (a religion; surprise!). The Jet pack represents humanities space travel and self-references GTA SA mission Green Goo where you steal an extraterrestrial substance. The Xs are simple mark-the-spot time-wasters that will leave you running in circles and scratching your head trying to figure it out, much like how people tend to end up during the search for truth. And finally, the eye on the top represents God and the afterlife, while self-referencing the fact that the player can see the entire game map from the top of Chilliad (like how God can supposedly see everything).

Technosjaak
  • Technosjaak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Because this is a texture?? And they arn't able to show an other texture at a specefic time and place? Strange that the can do in when there is rain and it isn't possible when you are at one specific place.. And i'm wondering how you know this is an texture?

Edit:
And really because you say that you have solved the mural you are almost the only one who says that is solved. You don't have to open your eyes for other option just keep thinking that you solved it.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago

There's no Moon mesh in the games files. There is however a texture for the moon.

Technosjaak
  • Technosjaak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Because there isn't found anything about this. Do you know all the codes? Every file is clear for you? Than i am really wondering why you were waiting for someone else needed to discover the plate in the sky "this isn't here" it isnt there eather?

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

That was a mere leftover file from development. It wasn't an easter egg or anything really worthwhile. If there was a mesh for the moon it would've cast a shadow in your first demonstration video because the game's primary light source is projected from where the sun effect is. Solid object + light = shadow. It's as simple as that.

Technosjaak
  • Technosjaak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Simple as that. Come on... if they can show you something else in the sun than in the rain. Would it be hard to show some other tecture when youre at a specefic place? And like my first video if they showed you from all over the map you could just easaly find the full eclipse location, than it was solved after 1 week. But if you don't beleve that there can be something else than you think for years now. Pleas keep you eyes closed for the rest.

If it is a texture because, what doubt. i tolked to some one who used code walker and he was able to give your "texture" his own color and was able to select the moon...

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Oh I will. Because apparently I can see with my eyes closed, while you can't with your eyes open.

A solar eclipse is when the moon travels directly in front of the sun and blocks the suns light, thus projecting a shadow onto the Earth's surface. What you're trying to claim or prove isn't even a solar eclipse, because the moon here doesn't cast a shadow. Learn astronomy and physics, please.

Technosjaak
  • Technosjaak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

i think i know very good how it works in real life! But that doesn't mather. So you want to say that this "eclips" is just because of the clouds? And they never show this only when the moon and sun will cross lines, you can see this visual! And still this is because of the rain pleas show mee an other dag were this happens. Show it!?

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 4 weeks ago

I really think this subject needs its own Topic.

No it doesn't. You were already discussing it in this topic. Keep it in one place please.

Thanks.

• Plank. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users