Photo

Biomutant - kung-fu action RPG

5 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

is math related to science?

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:59 PM Edited by fashion, 22 August 2017 - 08:07 PM.

Release date: 2018

"Here's a first look at the Biomutant gameplay from developers Experiment 101. It's due for release in 2018 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

BIOMUTANTs unique design lets players change their characters abilities and appearance with powerful mutations, bionic prosthetics and weapons. Grow claws, sprout wings, or attach a robotic leg - each choice will impact the way your hero plays in real-time combat that blends melee martial arts and firearms.

Set in an imaginative post-apocalyptic universe, BIOMUTANT is a kung fu fable filled with fantastic creatures to discover, dangerous factions to navigate, and colorful worlds to explore with mechs, paragliders, balloons, mounts, jet skis and more"

----

Thoughts? The game has been leaked a few days ago in a german magazine, was labeled as a kung-fu open world action RPG. It looks unique and I'm totally digging how we play as creatures or human-animals, which reminds me of Beyond Good & Evil.
Gameplay seems to be melee focused with some gunplay and having our own robots.

So, if anyone has more info on this game, feel free to share! I'm quite curious. Haven't played a THQ title in ages, since Red Faction. It looks promising and I like the vibe. I like how the first trailer isn't cinematic and shows glimpses of gameplay instead.
It doesn't look heavenly exciting yet but at least they show you early footage just as it is.
  • The Deadite likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

It looks unique and fun. I dig it.

• BLOOD likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:57 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 23 August 2017 - 02:01 PM.

this game looks very promising. kinda getting a beyond good and evil vibe. 

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:26 PM Edited by BLOOD, 23 August 2017 - 02:27 PM.

Looks cool. At $500 million in market cap I think THQ Nordic could be acquired soon (looking at Ubisoft 😆).

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:21 AM Edited by fashion, 24 August 2017 - 10:16 AM.

https://youtube.com/...h?v=3oDgoL4eezE

What can I say? It looks pretty damn solid so far. Looks like I game I could spend hundreds of hours on, like Skyrim.

Buuut

1. What the hell is up with that voice constantly telling you what's going on and what's happening? Why does every new enemy encounter tell you exactly how to beat the enemy or tell you the danger on-screen?

"Good, you found something."
"Kaboom!"
"Throws stuff" (on-screen popup)

Jesus christ, shut the f*ck up!

2. Just how open is the open world? It doesn't feel very open so far, more like going from small area to corridor to another small area. I'm worried it's not as open as Skyrim, for example.

The character creator looks great though and the gameplay reminds me of Devil May Cry. Not a DMC fan but the combat was always interesting.

I'm so creating this guy
https://imgur.com/CzRBljw?r

I swear to god, if that stupid voice makes it into the final game and you won't be able to turn it off, I'm not buying.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

http://www.eurogamer...ration-you-want

THANK GOD

My major issue is resolved. I'll keep my eye on this after all. Not many of you are interested huh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users