Photo

Jurassic World Evolution

27 replies to this topic
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:39 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 22 August 2017 - 05:50 PM.

New Jurassic Park game coming out on PS4, Xbox One and PC, summer 2018. Looks to be similar to zoo tycoon with dinosaurs. 

https://www.facebook...09925999031270/

This video has a few details such as the ability to bio engineer your own dinosaur breeds. Of course the whole games heavily influenced on a modern Jurassic Park type location, which i think is cool. No gameplay though unfortunately.

Developed by Frontier Games which bought us Zoo Tycoon, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and Planet Coaster, so i think the games in safe hands. 

EDIT: Title is actually Jurassic World Evolution. So if someone could change the title of the thread, that'd be great.

• El Dildo and E•MO•TION like this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

Frontier Games

Shut up and take my money.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:12 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 22 August 2017 - 11:13 PM.

I think it's gonna be good.It kinda looks like a sequel/remake of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis,and since I loved that game,I'd like to get this one too. https://en.m.wikiped...eration_Genesis

• The Deadite likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

Planet Coaster is an awesome rollercoaster building thing, but it really sucks on the management side. 

I hope they add more to the management on this. Make having to keep up the level of interest with more dangerous and bigger dinosaurs a challenge. Make budgeting something complex, to give you interesting and difficult choices to make.

If they do that, they have my money.

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

Being a Jurassic fanboy, too hyped for this. I really hope they do it right, and it's not just a cash in to tie in with Fallen Kingdom.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

I wonder if this is a glorified version of the mobile game that's already out there.

https://play.google....ssicworld&hl=en

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Finally a spiritual sequel of JP: OG!

Yes, I´m hyped!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

I wonder if this is a glorified version of the mobile game that's already out there.

That looks basically like a fighting game with dinosaurs. Although i think there is also a Jurassic park builder for android and iOS, I think we can safely expect a new level of sophistication from the mobile park builder. even if it's just on old school zoo tycoon levels of management with current gen building and graphics that's good enough for me.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

That looks basically like a fighting game with dinosaurs. Although i think there is also a Jurassic park builder for android and iOS, I think we can safely expect a new level of sophistication from the mobile park builder. even if it's just on old school zoo tycoon levels of management with current gen building and graphics that's good enough for me.

It is, but you actually get to build your park and place their exhibits. Fighting is just the other focus of the game.

Though, I'll take a console version lol

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

Actually excited for this, huge fan of Jurassic Park, loved JP:OG, this has no reason to not be better in every way though.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

Some interesting new footage i only just found out about. 

• El Dildo, E•MO•TION, Laker23 and 1 other like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:06 AM

Man, why can't they post up actual gameplay footage? That's all I'm interested in. Show me how the game is played.

• OurJud likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

I've been hearing rumors about that red raptor looking dinosaur at 0:01 being a Deinonychus.However,I don't think any raptor species had a head crest like that,it makes it looks more like a Guanlong or a Monolophosaurus.If those rumors are true,I guess they either wanted to make it different from a Velociraptor,or there could be some dinosaur "customization" in game.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:28 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 13 January 2018 - 10:07 AM.

They've already confirmed you'll be able to genetically create your own dinosaur species. I'm pretty excited about that.

I wonder if bio engineering our own species will go as deep as adding feathers, etc to some dinosaurs.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

We have a week before the gameplay reveal.

A guy called BestInSlot has a lot of videos on YouTube with some new Velociraptor footage and a lot of videos that apparently give out new details. Might be worth a check.

• GTA-Biker likes this

Themanwiththeplan
  • Themanwiththeplan

I'm so not a raper!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have been following that guy BestInSlot, I enjoy his videos, very informative. I am super hyped for this game. Operation Genesis was my favourite game of all time back on PS2. I am expecting big things!

• GTA-Biker likes this

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Looks neat so far.

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 3 weeks ago

A good chunk of action to sink your teeth into. Thanks for the heads up about this guy, too.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by thatstupidbug, 3 weeks ago.

it's annoying  having to wait till july to get the retail copy, but the movie will keep me busy 'till then XD

I love what i'm seeing. My only (very minor) nitpicks are that (spoiler for large images)

Spoiler

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 3 weeks ago.

When it comes to the colour of the picture being cold, you're talking an old vs new kinda thing. Analogue vs Digital. Vintage vs Modern. Looks to me like it had some kind of 35mm type set up back in the day and that's why it looks old school and vintage like that, almost looks like old school Indianna Jones or something. I too prefer MM, Mini DV or even VHS over modern digital image, purely because of the nostalgia. 

Would be hard to try and recreate that kind of colour scheme and overall picture quality in a game i think, even old PS1 Jurassic Park games didn't go for that kind of picture quality. 

Themanwiththeplan
  • Themanwiththeplan

I'm so not a raper!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 3 weeks ago

Been watching a few videos since all the details dropped last week.

I'm still a little bit on the fence in reagrd to the 3 paths you can choose: Science, Entertainment or Security. It has been stated that each path will have story missions and while you can spec into all 3 at the same time you wont be able to max out all 3 at once. It could be fun, guess I will just have to wait and see.

Oh and it has also been stated that aside from the 5 main islands, Isla Nublar will feature as like an extra island which can only be unlocked after getting 5 stars in every other island. The devs have been tight lipped as to what content Nublar will have but some thoeries suggest it will be conent from the 1993 Jurassic Park. Now that would be amazing! Really hope that is true.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm hoping thats a kind of sandbox mode reward for completing the game. Will be mad disappointed if there is no sandbox mode as designing/building my dream park is what i buy these games for with management a secondary thing for me. I couldn't give a f*ck about a storyline, missions or dialogue in a Theme Park builder to be honest.

Themanwiththeplan
  • Themanwiththeplan

I'm so not a raper!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm hoping thats a kind of sandbox mode reward for completing the game. Will be mad disappointed if there is no sandbox mode as designing/building my dream park is what i buy these games for with management a secondary thing for me. I couldn't give a f*ck about a storyline, missions or dialogue in a Theme Park builder to be honest.

I 100% agree with you here. There has got to be a sandbox mode, really hope there is! Operation Genesis is one of my favourite games of all time and there wasn't really a story to it. Plus you could eventually research everything. Too bad nowhere really sells it anymore, Steam or the like. Would love to get playing it again and my PS2 is stuffed in the attic, probably broken.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 3 weeks ago.

Start of this video has a great trailer showing in game footage I've not seen before. All looked great until a tornado appeared and started ripping through buildings, i highly doubt these islands are on the tornado belt to be honest, a typhoon would have made much more sense but would still be just as annoying. A sandbox mode would need the option to turn events like that off i think.

EDIT: I'm cool with heavy rain and storms damaging fences and sometimes even breaking some parts of the fence completely but a tornado is a big no to me. I turn natural disasters off on every sim/building game i ever play. If a site was in a place where a tornado was a possibility you wouldn't start building a dinosaur zoo there in the first place let's be honest. (Looking at the video again, the tornado doesn't quite rip through buildings like i remember, damage looks minor enough that you don't have to rebuild everything from scratch, still they could have just not put ridiculous tornado's in the game and made that same damage possible in harsh storms, I'd rather see hurricane force winds knock tree's down and damage fences, at least that would make sense.)

Other than that, my biggest complaints so far are the lack of rocks to place in enclosures and around the environment in general, rocks should be things dinosaurs ask for the same as tree's and plants. The fact every guest seems to be a scientist or a businessman is annoying also and the general lack of souvenir stalls/other general theme park things you would definitely see in any park, zoo or attraction. I was kinda hoping they would add more elements of Planet Coaster to make the park a more realistic place, but i guess we still have a couple months to go. 

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GTA-Biker, 3 weeks ago.

I hope tornados are more rare and not as destructive as in JPOG,back in that game it was annoying how they would sometimes kill half of my dinosaurs and destroy many fences which often let the surviving dinosaurs free.

I also hope there will be something like JPOG's site B mode,where you have unlimited funds and can just make a few hatcheries and a bunch of dinosaurs who roam around in their natural environment.

Also,I'm really thinking about preordering this game,I'd like to get a Suchomimus and those other special preorder dinosaurs.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've never played JP OG so didn't even know tornadoes where on that game, just seems so silly, unrelated and random to include them. It's just like having a tornado in Zoo Tycoon, why would you add it into the game?

Maybe if one of the films had a tornado rip through a park, i'd half understand.  

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GTA-Biker, 3 weeks ago.

Guess they wanted to make something that would let the dinosaurs roam free through the park.IMO something like a power outage would be better,it would be similar to what happened in the movie (when Nedry disabled the security systems),and unlike a tornado it wouldn't kill half of the dinosaurs in the park,it would just allow them to break/climb over the fences.

Btw,you should definitely try out JPOG,it's a great game,kinda like an early 2000s version of JW Evolution (or to be more accurate,JW Evolution is like a sequel to JPOG).

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users