Why were early PC ports considered bad?

2 replies to this topic
Gardner95x
  • Gardner95x

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

When they brought 3, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA 4 to PC I've seen a few people bash these versions. I didn't mind them.

The custom resolution, mods and custom radio station were awesome but am wondering why the first 3 3D Era games had tonnes of things removed from the game and why was GTA 4 unplayable when it first came out?

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:49 AM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 21 August 2017 - 12:50 AM.

- The 3 main 3D era games did not have things removed at all (except for leftovers and stuff), is just that most minor features are either glitched or disabled, they can easily be fixed with mods like the Silent Patches. If you're talking about radio songs on their 10th anniversary, it's because Rockstar signed a 10-year contract with some artists, and they had to remove these songs from the game when the contract expired.

- GTA IV is regarded as one of the worst PC ports because until this day, some computers have trouble running it at medium settings, so imagine that with PCs 9 years ago. Most people were having trouble getting the game to even run, let alone at a playable FPS. Only people who spent a fortune with their PC could run GTA IV with almost no trouble, and the worst thing is that Rockstar didn't do anything about it.

• straightupmenace likes this

Gardner95x
  • Gardner95x

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and I see thanks for the info on it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users