Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

zIp2SLH.png

Week of August 13th - August 19th

wE5k9l6.png

Welcome to the twenty-third issue of the GTAForums Weekly newsletter!

The final round of voting had begun earlier in the week for the GTAForums Snap Battle. This time, it's up to GTAF Staff members (forum leaders, mods, admins, etc) to cast their votes and have their voices heard. Since this is a staff exclusive voting round, there are special point values added in for each type of staff member. For example, moderators votes are worth 5 points, while admin votes are worth 10. So you can see just how interesting the final result may turn out! This round will end either next Sunday or when all staff members have entered their votes.

We've also got the latest round of the Weekly Vehicle Competition running, which will be ending in just a few days. Not much of a competition for our new champion, the Annis Elegy Retro, as it's facing off against a rather unusual, but interesting opponent - the Buckingham Luxor Deluxe. It never had a chance, as the Luxor Deluxe is taking a beating with 1 vote to the Elegy's 35. Press F to pay respects. Remember, voting will end in just a few days, so be sure to get yours in before it's too late.. although it seems like we already have a winner.

Issue 17 of Customs, Cruisers, and Classics was also released mid-week featuring more great Snapmatic shots from around the community, details about the new Ocelot XA-21, and a new interview with a regular face from the Custom Rides & Garages screenshot thread in the GTA Online sub-forum. Speaking of interviews.. we have a great interview lined up with the new host of the Customs, Cruisers, and Classics series, V4S! Be sure to check it out towards the end of our issue.

On our second-to-last note, congratulations to Uncle Sikee Atric on his promotion to forum leader! Kirsty announced on Thursday that he was promoted to the Events and Recruitment (under the Crews section) forum leader position.

GTAForums currently has a total of 14,991,153 total posts (+10,889 from last week) and 713,333 total members (+478 from last week) at the time this is being posted.

tjBbZMp.png

Welcome to the twenty-third week of Rockstar Central! I’m your host, Spider-Vice, and we’ll be highlighting this week’s happenings in the Rockstar Universe.

GTA Online
Guess what week it is! Guess what’s happening?! That’s right, another new vehicle, double pay-outs and discounts! Starting last Tuesday, the brand-new Ocelot XA-21 is now available at Legendary Motorsport. A supercar with very smooth curves and a sexy, functional spoiler, it’s yet another possible addition for your already packed garage!

As is tradition, Rockstar is offering double GTA$ and RP across multiple adversary modes and Gunrunning modes. This week, the Sumo and Slasher adversary modes will be offering double the RP and double the money, until 21/08 (that’s European format date for ya). Gunrunning Sell Missions will also be offering double GTA$ and RP pay-outs! This is the perfect week to get your business running even better and then smuggle some more! It’s not over though! Players who complete a Gunrunning Sell Mission during this period (yeah it’s two days after this is written, so run!) will get the Black Coil Tee for free in their wardrobe.

Tuesday discounts!! This week, Rockstar has set a 25% discount on all the following items in the world of GTA Online:
- The HVY APC
- The Vom Feuer Anti-Aircraft Trailer
- The JoBuilt Phantom Wedge
- The Mammoth Hydra
- The Buckingham Valkyrie
- All Gunrunning Clothes & Tattoos

As always, there is also a new Premium Race and a Time Trial:
- Premium Race: “Plummet II” locked to Supers
- Time Trial – “Tongva Valley”

Notes from the R* Central
Some of you might have noticed that the Community Highlight section is very inconsistent between Rockstar Central issues. This is a small note to clarify that the Community Highlight will now be a bi-weekly section, to avoid repetition, in case a week is slower than the other in terms of community contributions. The Rockstar General section won’t appear always either. Rockstar General depends on general Rockstar news, and not every week we have something to talk about that has to do with them. It's not every week when they do streams, not every week they have anything interesting going on to talk about. We all know how secretive they may be at times, so it’s possible that Rockstar General doesn’t appear even for two weeks at a time. This just reveals how much some Red Dead Redemption 2 news are needed..

lH6C6oi.png

Welcome to the Second Edition of Get Modified, I’m Ash_735, and I’ll be rounding up the happenings of the modding scene and community from over the past two weeks.

First up, 3D era modders, we need to talk. There have been many great advances over the past couple of years in terms of tools for these older games, with great contributions from community members like The Hero, The_GTA, Silent, and so on - but not many people seem to know about these newer, helpful tools, which leads me to my real point here.. TXDWorkshop. STOP using TXDWorkshop! Years of research has shown that this tool is not only severely outdated in format support (no DXT-5 support at all), but it also has issues with the DXT Codec it uses, resulting in exporting errors messing up the colour grade of the textures, and then of course you have the issue of header corruption over time which leads to game breaking bugs.

So what is there to use instead? The amazing, brilliant, and versatile Magic.TXD by The_GTA and DK22Pac (with contributions from other community members). With cross platform support (PC, PS2, Xbox, etc) and the ability to tailor textures exactly how you want them (even allowing direct DDS imports so you can export directly from image editors), I seriously implore any modders out there to check this tool, especially if you’re still into modding the 3D era games.

Keeping on the theme of 3D era GTA’s, Rim has released his final update (for now) regarding the impressive GTA3 Xbox Version HD modification. First starting in 2009 as a mod to port over the Xbox improvements, it has since evolved beyond that into building on top of the Xbox version changes and pushing textures and effects further than before to make old school Liberty City look fresh again. Easily worth a look if you’re craving a playthrough of Grand Theft Auto III:

0LLfXwa.png

Shifting back to Grand Theft Auto V now and it seems thanks to the power of CodeWalker (which was mentioned in the last article), someone has taken on the task of restoring the additional trees, foliage, and props as seen in early screenshots and the first trailer of Grand Theft Auto V back in 2011! That person is Alex106, releasing an update to his Beta Vegetation & Props Add On mod. He’s gone as far as even recreating the exact scenes from the trailer he’s used to base these changes on. A must have for those of you who think that the initial game was cut back due to limitations of hardware, here you can get close to that “lively” feeling seen in pre-release.

XAXkwWS.png

With Football season (soccer to you Americans) starting in the coming week or so, some of you out there might want to represent that in GTA V, and luckily, HashTag94 has been working on some clothing that fits in nicely around Los Santos. Decking out Franklin in training kits for clubs such as Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and even Juventus, you can now walk the streets of Los Santos in a sporty style and still be ready for a fight if someone says American Football is better!

3OpKiel.png

H93Hfjb.png

NEWS

GTA ONLINE

GRAND THEFT AUTO SERIES

GTA NEXT

GTA IV

GENERAL CHAT

nQeR6he.png

7AKMb2M.png

DcybEaq.png

4iGXOjt.png

Maddened_Ghost

nscU4to.png

9yVWrtn.png

MjVgV70.png

vDg9nH1.png

fJ4cRnB.png

caXaiD1.png

MYzcDvL.png

33u1Le4.png

EFUDpXF.png

Ht2G4II.png

6B28s9Q.png

Zr4f7EV.png

l2VbH3L.png

Rl9T2Za.png

Our interviewee this week is long time community member & the new host of the "Customs, Cruisers, and Classics" series, V4S!

Android: What brought you to GTAForums?
V4S: At the time I was playing GTA III and was probably looking for some sort of walk-through in my quest to 100% the game.

What do you enjoy most about the forum? Is there anything you'd like to change about it?
Its hard to choose just one, but if I would say watching members lose their minds when a Ban Roulette is active.

I would probably like to see IPB4 up and running to see what new features it brings.

Which forum member do you feel closest to?
Again, its hard to choose just one. I'm close with a few here: -LN-, Professional Amateur, The Happy Clown, and alkaline_ mostly. We chat often and game once in awhile ui ui ui!

You've recently taken control of the Customs, Cruisers, and Classics series posted weekly in the News sub-forum, but besides what you've already brought to the table, do you have plans to add any other new features soon?
I may add both Male and Female models in the pin-up feature in the future since there were a few request, but as of right now there are no immediate plans to add more features. I am doing everything else on my own I don't want to spread myself too thin and overwhelm myself. As long as there is content and the community enjoys the issues I'll continue to produce them on a weekly basis.

What was the story behind you becoming the new host? Did anything specific motivate or inspire you?
I was a big fan when Arthur Fooking Shelby first relaunched the Snapmatic Spotlight: Custom Rides & Garages. It brought a spot light to our little thread in the Vehicles sub-forum of GTA Online. Then after a few issues it just stopped. Long story short I just asked Arthur about it and then he asked if I would be willing to take it over. It took awhile for me to get permissions to post in the News section and at one point I thought it was not going to happen. Then just when I was about to head to the gym one morning, Arthur had alerted me that I was given access! So I just put together an issue in about 30mins (Issue 14) so you can kind of see the difference in effort from that issue and my others.

What is your favorite part about hosting it so far? Choosing the set of snaps, interviewing those from the community, or something else?
The best part of hosting is the positive feedback I get from the issues and making our talented photographers smile when they see their snaps featured :) Seriously, some of them are so good they could have a whole issue dedicated to just their snaps!

Since you're the host of Customs, Classics, and Cruisers you must obviously have an interest in cars. When did your love for cars begin? Where did it originate from?
My earliest memory that I can remember was playing the game Shutokou Battle (Tokyo Highway Battle in other countries) for the PSone and I gravitated toward the Nissan 300ZX, probably because it was the most futuristic looking of all the cars. That car was so ahead of its time when you think about it! I've been into cars and racing games ever since!

I have three older brothers. One drives/likes European cars, one drives/likes American classics, and the other one drives/likes Japanese classics. They never bickered or teased each other for what they drove and everyone supported and pitched in when one needed help. So growing up with them you experience all sides of car culture and learn to appreciate and respect all forms of automobiles.

What's your favorite Rockstar Games series or title?
This is tough to choose! I'd probably have to say The Warriors. I remember getting this game when there were thunderstorms and the roads were flooded! Totally worth it!

Picture this; you've suddenly become an admin here on the forum. What do you do first?
Oh gosh, there would be so much to do! Assuming the other staffers knew I was an administrator, I'd take care of some reports, see if there's any help wanted in the hidden Staff section of the forum, then snoop around in the Admin CP in that order.

Tell us more about the person behind your alias. Any favorite interests, hobbies, music, and so on?
Well I love to be around animals more than I do people! I try to travel once a year to visit my friend who has her own Animal Sanctuary. She has abused farm animals to abandoned or orphaned deer, cats, boars, goats, geese, turtles, hares, donkeys, etc! Its such a peaceful place!

I also love being physically active, gardening, cars, mixed-martial arts, reading anything about nutrition and kinesiology, I'm a pretty weird person! As far as music -I like anything from classic piano, 90's pop, R&B, to hip-hop. Whatever sounds good!

Any final comments? Do you have anything to say to our readers & the GTAF community?
I would just ask people to be kind. We are all battling with some type of struggles in our lives, just be kind to one another. Thank you to the GTAF staffers who keep this place running on a day to day basis. Finally, thank you to the GTAF Weekly team for the many issues you've given us, I wish your team continued success.

qO34erD.png

Madeon - Home

The closer for the regular edition of Leclercq’s debut album brings in an energetic and epic sound, ending the album on a high note. The French producer has said that the main inspiration for the track comes from the 24 hour-long studio sessions he usually does once a year. “By the 18th hour, the combination of sleep deprivation, creative frustration and isolation put me in this weird vulnerable state. I kind of felt like giving up on music to be honest, so I made a song about that."

Album: Adventure

Genre: Synthpop/Electronic

Release Date: March 27, 2015

Label: Columbia

Writer(s): Hugo Pierre Leclercq

JyLyVpJ.png

Android - Editor & Publisher, Topics/Snaps of the Week

Ash_735 - Get Modified

Kaniel Outis - GTAForums News

slohbur - Graphics Assistant

Spider-Vice - Rockstar Central

Testarossa - Track of the Week

unbid - Interviewer

• V4S, JoonasPRKL, AndyGanteks and 26 others like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°t pⱻssⱻɹdɯᴉ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Thank you GTAF Weekly team for considering me for your interview -it was a pleasant surprise! Sorry to those if my interview is underwhelming -I'm a weird and boring person!

I hope the team continues to produces these issues on a weekly basis, I think its time for some contribution medals by now! ;)

giphy.gif

• JoonasPRKL, Spider-Vice, livejoker and 11 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users