Quantcast

» «
Photo

"I scream, You scream" wasn't remove after 9/11?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
YellowCar69
  • YellowCar69

Currently Squatting in Liberty City

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've heard that Rockstar cut some missions from GTA 3 after the attacks of september 11 but, this mission looks like one of those they said they removed.

Or was it just a rumor?

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Or was it just a rumor?

Partly that and partly true. The mission script was changed and so the mission was left in the game.

Originally, the mission objective was to kill civilian NPC pedestrians using a bomb in an ice cream van, but was changed to Gang Member targets after 9/11.

YellowCar69
  • YellowCar69

Currently Squatting in Liberty City

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

Or was it just a rumor?

Partly that and partly true. The mission script was changed and so the mission was left in the game.

Originally, the mission objective was to kill civilian NPC pedestrians using a bomb in an ice cream van, but was changed to Gang Member targets after 9/11.

They didn't change much eh, i also saw in the skyline of the city two planes flying near the buldings, or so it looks from here...

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

They didn't change much eh,

They changed a few little things, cut characters and tweaked the storyline. Not particularly because of 9/11. They just thought that at times, the game was too dark and edgy so they reigned it in a little.
  • YellowCar69 likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ~Tiger~, 4 weeks ago. Please learn to read properly before posting provocative comments.

They didn't change much eh,

They changed a few little things, cut characters and tweaked the storyline. Not particularly because of 9/11. They just thought that at times, the game was too dark and edgy so they reigned it in a little.

They had a space of about five weeks from the attacks to release. For two of those, IIRC, no employees could even get to the offices to work on the game because it was in close-enough proximity to WTC. Darkel was not removed because of 9/11, he just became a useless character as his missions were repeatedly scrapped or given away, much like I Scream, You Scream, so they just got rid of him altogether.

The police car liveries were changed so they didn't bear as much resemblance to NYPD units who were busy saving people from the rubble and whatnot; I guess it just felt wholly inappropriate to be putting out a game that basically glorifies killing police en-masse while those poor bastards were collecting real limbs off of real sidewalks.

I think the only other things 9/11 changed was a few voice lines were removed plus one mission, but nobody knows which it was, and it most definitely was not a mission involving flying and crashing the Dodo into Love Media (that's a f*cking annoying rumor).

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

Darkel was not removed because of 9/11

Nobody said he was. If you read my post properly you would see that I stated clearly that the changes were made "Not particularly because of 9/11."

I have removed your provocative comment, please don't do that again.

The OP's question has been answered: Topic Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users