Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* currently working on making Solo Public Sales not possible.

661 replies to this topic
-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:20 PM Edited by -RP-, 19 August 2017 - 11:45 PM.

I hope this is deserving of a thread, if not, please move to appropriate section or lock w/e.

I'm not much on GTA youtubers or their clickbait content. However a "youtuber" recently put up a video with some rather concerning news for solo public lobby players.

In the video he explains that a 4chan user (R F*gg*t) who is a proven reputable leaker and probably insider at R* has said that "R* is actively trying to make solo public lobby sales not possible within the next DLC update" in not so obvious words.

da fuq...What a bunch of asshole greedy bastards. To think they are so concerned about us solo players making money, not getting bothered by average fr tryhard c*nts and not needing sharkcards, that they are going to force it on people who dont want or feel like going into a public lobby in the first place.  IDK what to say.....speechless but not surprised sadly.

I think R* is headed in a dangerous direction that is going to backfire big time on the amount of people who play their game if they do manage to pull this off.   

• Gaffa™, Mattoropael, Big Danny K and 16 others like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Good thing I have friends :lol: This would be a real pain in the ass.

And knowing them, they'll probably set the minimum player per session to something silly like 20.

I ocassionally MTU myself out, but this is beyond stupid. They even tailored I/E for when solo by adding NPC's.
  • Dan Dark, gtafan26, Insane Clown and 8 others like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

Meh, it was bound to happen at some point.

Honestly, after Gunrunning I'm pretty much done with GTA Online.  I haven't actually played it in over a month now, I just can't deal with the grind even in solo sessions.

• nm69, Big Danny K, Dan Dark and 16 others like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:31 PM Edited by -RP-, 19 August 2017 - 02:10 PM.

Good thing I have friends :lol: This would be a real pain in the ass.

And knowing them, they'll probably set the minimum player per session to something silly like 20.

I ocassionally MTU myself out, but this is beyond stupid. They even tailored I/E for when solo by adding NPC's.

Yeah we all have friends and we all have times when we want to be alone while still getting work done.  I like to FR every now and then.   But to force it on people to be the only way to make money with new  dlc stuff, sh*t...im out then.

I'm a SP at heart, and that's how I like to play. Remove the freedom of how I want to play...wtf should I play your game?

• nkjellman, Big Danny K, Dan Dark and 18 others like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:33 PM Edited by D T, 18 August 2017 - 11:34 PM.

A greedy company known for being greedy is being greedy? I don't believe it.

• Big Danny K, LoveFist87, TovarishTony and 21 others like this

LordMarvel
  • LordMarvel

Born to Reign.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

Honestly, I think it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Whether you're reputable or not, we'll never know for sure until we do. It would be a huge bummer if it's true however.

• Lc gta, Unruly, ash-274 and 3 others like this

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:36 PM

Oh how surprising, R* doesn't want players to go lock themselves off SOLO in an ONLINE game, who would have thought.

They once allready explained that the whole Gunrunning, CEO, Bikers thing is DESIGNED WITH PVP IN MIND, if you do not like activities with PvP in mind, play a lot of this games PvE based content, as simple as that.

• gtafan26, aaronBLUEeyes, Arrows to Athens and 7 others like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:39 PM

Honestly, I think it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Whether you're reputable or not, we'll never know for sure until we do. It would be a huge bummer if it's true however.

I'm with ya, I think the 4chan comment maybe in reference to R* trying to stop PC users ability to lag out of public sessions tbh. I dont know how or what they are cooking up for the console MTU user.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

Oh how surprising, R* doesn't want players to go lock themselves off SOLO in an ONLINE game, who would have thought.

They once allready explained that the whole Gunrunning, CEO, Bikers thing is DESIGNED WITH PVP IN MIND, if you do not like activities with PvP in mind, play a lot of this games PvE based content, as simple as that.

That's fine, but locking away things like guns and vehicles behind that PvP wall is shameful. What's next, clothes?
(Oh wait they do that already with those sale shirts)
  • Mattoropael, Big Danny K, Dan Dark and 16 others like this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

POPULAR

if you do not like activities with PvP in mind, play a lot of this games PvE based content, as simple as that.

We would... if they actually brought new PvE stuff out.
  • Hazzardtohimself, Mattoropael, Dan Dark and 52 others like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:43 PM

It being an online game only means that you need to be connected to the internet to be able to play and save your progress. Online games can also be played solo. A prime example is The Crew made by Ubisoft. You need to be always online and you can meet other players while driving through the world, but you can play every single misson alone if you wish (in fact some even require you to play alone).

How much PvE content has been added in the last year?
  • Mattoropael, Big Danny K, Dan Dark and 28 others like this

Re-Dragon-Cro
  • Re-Dragon-Cro

CEO of Neon Knights Inc.

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:44 PM

That's fine, but locking away things like guns and vehicles behind that PvP wall is shameful. What's next, clothes?

if you do not like activities with PvP in mind, play a lot of this games PvE based content, as simple as that.

Or if the PvE stuff wasn't locked behind a PvP lobby restriction.

• Mattoropael, Dan Dark, Shaundi. and 14 others like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

It being an online game only means that you need to be connected to the internet to be able to play and save your progress. Online games can also be played solo. A prime example is The Crew made by Ubisoft. You need to be always online and you can meet other players while driving through the world, but you can play every single misson alone if you wish (in fact some even require you to play alone).

How much PvE content has been added in the last year?

Those moc missions and sv missions are technically Pve...thats locked behind pvp missions.
  • Mattoropael, gtafan26, Orra and 3 others like this

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

The last Update did add new PvE Missions, which were btw. put double cash and RP on.

So did the Import Export Update, and almost every big Update for that matter.

Or if the PvE stuff wasn't locked behind a PvP lobby restriction.

Yea I agree with that, this whole "lock things behind grind walls" concept that was introduced with Gunrunning is more than exorbitantly stupid...

Gotta thank the newly hired "monetization managers" for that one...

Happens when R* hires their staff directly from Banks and Business, hope things get a lot more back on track once Sam and Dan focus on things, I am really hoping for RDR2/Red Dead Online at the moment.

• Big Danny K, Actlikeyouknow and ryannata like this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

Oh man, trying to sell stolen aircraft is gonna be a bitch in public sessions.
  • Actlikeyouknow and ryannata like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:51 PM Edited by Happy Hunter, 18 August 2017 - 11:52 PM.

It could just be wishful thinking, but I thought to myself that Rockstar *un-PC word* could've been referring to something else.

The guy he was replying to said that people didn't have to buy cash cards. My thinking was that he was jokingly saying they were working on stopping that.

I could be wrong though. I am merely a helicopter.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan, Skeve613, Actlikeyouknow and 7 others like this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:53 PM

The last Update did add new PvE Missions, which were btw. put double cash and RP on.

The problem still remains... they're locked to public sessions. VIP work and MC Contracts are probably the only decent PvE work we got that arent limited to public sessions since the new contact missions we got about 400 years ago :p
  • Mattoropael, GTA-Biker, Orra and 6 others like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

It could just be wishful thinking, but I thought to myself that Rockstar *un-PC word* could've been referring to something else.

The guy he was replying to said that people didn't have to buy cash cards. My thinking was that he was jokingly saying they were working on stopping that.

I could be wrong though. I am merely a helicopter.

Makes sense. Like I said idk htf they are gonna stop MTU users from getting public solo sessions.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

You would think they would just let it go, they make more and more money as time goes on and solo public lobbies don't seem to be impacting it... blocking them certainly won't encourage those using the method to go out and buy shark cards, quite the opposite really. There will be a massive flood of new dupers and modders...
  • HBSanta, Orra, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 15 others like this

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

The problem still remains... they're locked to public sessions. VIP work and MC Contracts are probably the only decent PvE work we got that arent limited to public sessions since the new contact missions we got about 400 years ago :p

Eh,

Import Export Missions and "Special Operations" aren't locked to public sessions, only the access to them is, which is admitedly a problem.

Also, VIP Contracts and MC Missions are no PvE Missions/activities.

These missions are specificly designed with PvP in mind as well,

notice how the Guards have a hugely increased amount of Health during the "Headhunter" mission? That is to give other players additional time to intervene and start PvP fights.(If you compare to contact missions, or special operations or special vehicle missions, there the AI has significantly lower Health).

But anyway, I get your point and fully agree that there should be more PvE Based activities added, I for one am still hoping for some types of Cooperative Modes instead of Adversary Modes.

You would think they would just let it go, they make more and more money as time goes on and solo public lobbies don't seem to be impacting it... blocking them certainly won't encourage those using the method to go out and buy shark cards, quite the opposite really. There will be a massive flood of new dupers and modders...

That is if you are boiling everything down to Shark Cards, but pah, I know it sounds almost comical, but Rockstar really just want the players to play the game the way they designed it to be played.

And if what OP says is true, and "half of the GTA Online population" is using this method, then it is most certainly something that R* would want to prevent.

• REXX, bulldog385 and Actlikeyouknow like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy

• Members
  • None

I think this may not be true because you get a bonus for selling when the lobby is more populated...

as this game gets older, R* will try new a different ways to keep players playing different and new modes etc

they are experimental for the most part and will not please everyone...but this game old as hell

• --V--, Actlikeyouknow and ryannata like this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Eh,
Import Export Missions and "Special Operations" aren't locked to public sessions, only the access to them is, which is admitedly a problem.

Also, VIP Contracts and MC Missions are no PvE Missions/activities.
These missions are specificly designed with PvP in mind as well,
notice how the Guards have a hugely increased amount of Health during the "Headhunter" mission? That is to give other players additional time to intervene and start PvP fights.(If you compare to contact missions, or special operations or special vehicle missions, there the AI has significantly lower Health).

But anyway, I get your point and fully agree that there should be more PvE Based activities added, I for one am still hoping for some types of Cooperative Modes instead of Adversary Modes.

Co-op! Thats something I can definately agree on!
  • gtafan26, Orra, bulldog385 and 6 others like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

Good
  • LL Cool L, SHOKKERZ91 and Steamy_breezy like this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:27 AM Edited by tommyguns, 19 August 2017 - 12:41 AM.

If it happens....I wonder what their plan for stopping CEO/MC friendly crews is?

Because if C* implement this, those crews will grow, rapidly, in size and number. If they want to go this way, I dare say more people will turn to duping and the likes too.

Fingers crossed for the Benz blowing Turd2 & C* out the water with Everywhere.
  • Big Danny K, bulldog385, El-Gaddafii and 8 others like this

Ruslan Mashinov
  • Ruslan Mashinov

DNS Codes

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Assuming that they do go through with this, they're most likely gonna allow situations where all the players just drop from the session mid job, which means that you could still use a session sweeper to just wipe the session while selling.

Opzeker
  • Opzeker

Need help?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

As long as PvP is as unbalanced as it is at the state of this game right now, there's no reason to question why players choose to avoid public lobbies in any way possible.
Game design choices from R*'s end has caused this to happen at some point, whether it's a multiplayer game or not.
And "Datsaintsfan"?" Who's that?
  • Big Danny K, -KM-, Orra and 6 others like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

I have the feeling they'd lose a lot of players if they did this.

• Orra, Ya Boy Punk Fan, zoso80 and 3 others like this

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:08 AM

Okay, I just watched the video, and some things strike me as odd... This "former Rockstar employee" leaks this information... How exactly would a FORMER Rockstar employee have the information?

Secondly, the YouTuber quoted the original post by a player saying how to get a public solo lobby and screenshotted the post into the video, but didn't screenshot the response from the "former Rockstar employee".

So I had a look for the original thread on Reddit and found it, and found what the apparent "employee" said.

He said "This is being worked on to get it stopped.". Yep, that's EXACTLY what he said. How non-specific.

Dat Clickbaitfan made an 8:49 video to say all that...

Please. Please. Please do not take your GTA advice from YouTube.

• Kevert, gtafan26, Spadge and 4 others like this

Overlord Jr.
  • Overlord Jr.

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

Either way you earn way below minimum wage shark card conversion rate so its not a viable money making method unless you use teleport hacks for crates, even more so when you have to wait for some arbitrary timer to get product or sell.

Not something to be upset about, everything after heist and in public sessions are designed to drain money and waste time so take it or leave it.

Id even contemplate rejoining 3 man pacific standard finales on loop or money glitches when the yield is lower than 2mil/hour, when I get bored I stop doing them.

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

I prefer avoiding the PvP in free roam because its a completely broken mess. When something is overpowered the smart thing to do would be to nerf it to some extent, with Rockstar however their "genius" idea is to introduce another overpowered item to counter the other overpowered item. The latest being the Explosive Sniper being added to counter Hydras. It counters Hydras yes, but by fixing that one problem the weapon introduced ten more problems.

Opressors became the new go to vehicles for trolls who can just go off radar and blow up your cargo with missiles that never miss.

The day Rockstar fixes the completely broken free roam is the day I would start doing that in public lobbies again, which is to say I never will. Rockstar prefers to actually make it even more broken with every new update these days.

Lastly as others pointed out, those among us who prefer to do PvE has not received any new content in years. Our only options is to replay content that is several years old that we had already done hundreds, if not thousands of times before. That or play the new stuff in solo sessions. 

• MrGrandis, Kevert, gtafan26 and 11 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users