Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone become anti social when grinding on gta or any other game?

56 replies to this topic
zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Most of my friends list is no longer playing GTA:O. When I do pop on and no one is on, I just go into a friends session. Drive around for a bit, then dump out of the game.

But, yes when I have grinded I'm tucked away in an empty friends or a lag switched public session with one or two friends maximum.  I don't join random biker clubs, VIP, drug cartels.  If I'm grinding I only play with players I know and trust.

I honestly haven't found anyone new that's fun to play with in a long time so my GTA:O is pretty anti-social. Not for want, but it's the reality for me. Hanging out with vulgar 11 year olds isn't my crowd.

Would rather hang with mature gamers.

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here ...*Raises Hand*

All I do anymore is Grind By myself, Every. Single. Night. LOL

I've tried other games, but I keep coming back to GTA. I'm like a D*** Fly to a Fly Trap LOL
  • gtafan26 and Nossirag like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

I become antisocial when posting on here.

• gtafan26, Kushology, jerryinohio78 and 2 others like this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I try to run with people. I invite crew mates to races, CMs, you name it. The only takers are my stepsons friends.
I read post after post here from people who aren't having fun due to w/e reasons, I try to offer some entertainment but no.
I've done a fair share of grinding, I hit level 100 in my first month completely legit via CMs and AMs. It would have taken me longer if anyone at all wanted to actually socialize and play some golf or darts or something.
I can see some grinding, to get yourself set up with the essentials. But why are you still doing it? What is it that you can't live without so that you can't tear yourself away from it to have fun?

UncleScrooge
  • UncleScrooge

💰💰💰💰💰

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

What is it that you can't live without so that you can't tear yourself away from it to have fun?

You assume one needs to be sociable to have fun. For a lot of people this isn't the case. ;)

I will say no I don't become antisocial when grinding, only because I'm antisocial to start with. I'm no more likely to ignore people while grinding than when I am messing about doing nothing. The only time I would become (somewhat) social is when it's necessary to further my own self-interests.
  • gtafan26, bulldog385 and Nossirag like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm not a social person to begin with it & I'm always "Appearing offline". If I'm in the mood & grinding, I'll probably say I can't ... Especially if it was a heist.
  • bulldog385 and Nossirag like this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Man anti social is probably not the right word, asocial maybe yeah, i didn't take a call or text, just simply put my phone in a flight mode

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm unbearably anti-social according to the women i love.
  • gtafan26 and Nossirag like this

PetrolCB
  • PetrolCB

I Am The Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PetrolCB, 4 weeks ago.

I'm social with close friends, who I've known for the years that I've been online. I've made some very nice friends over the past 2 1/2 years, ones I talk to regularly outside of the game as well. When I'm "grinding", I'm with them 100% of the time.

So no, I'm not anti-social. I enjoy the camaraderie, we're a nice knitted group.

Aussie_Hunter
  • Aussie_Hunter

All hail our Lord and Savior the Hunter!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Aussie_Hunter, 4 weeks ago.

Man anti social is probably not the right word, asocial maybe yeah, i didn't take a call or text, just simply put my phone in a flight mode

Yeah, I've always thought the definition of antisocial is someone who goes out of their way to be a complete annoyance with objectionable behavior towards others. My wife calls me antisocial at times but I'd for the most part just rather not be in social situations. I wouldn't be a prick in any social situation I find myself in just because I do not tend to enjoy them much.

Anyway I have my moments where I put myself as invisible while online just to do stuff by myself, whether its selling stock, stunting or just cruising around, such as the last week or so but I do invariably prefer to play with friends. I noticed I had a game invite yesterday but I had no idea who had sent it (as I went away from the game for a bit) so I felt bad that I missed it. If I am rolling by myself and get invites I will send a message saying "Sorry, doing such and such right now...". 

• bulldog385, alkaline_ and ryannata like this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by BigJoe_1, 4 weeks ago.

Sort of.

A month or two before heists were released I was grinding cash hard, nothing but contact missions. At this time most of my friends were playing different games and I was the only one on GTA. Most of the time I'd be in a party myself of have everyone else muted so I wouldn't get distracted.

It's different with other games though. When it comes to loot based games that require excessive farming for good gear I can do it in an open party with multiple people talking at once.

I don't know. Maybe it's just the tedious, grindy, repetitive nature of making money in GTA that makes people turn anti-social, there's no denying that the feeling of boredom you get with grinding in this game is like no other. Farming the same few contact missions for a few hours straight is a lot less fun than farming a raid boss for a specific drop..

• bulldog385 and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by D T, 4 weeks ago.

You can send me messages but I won't read em because I'm focused. I been trying to get to level 50 on max Payne 3 been working on that for 5 days now. doing sp missions for XP and you have no idea how many messages I got when I'm on grind mode. I'm so close I'm at 43 right now. lol

Sometimes I skip meals and ignore sleep. Sounds like a average jp mmo player over here lol

Max Payne 3 MP is still active? What platform are you playing on? I checked on PC a few days ago and it was dead.

edit: sh*t, just realized you meant SP. I didn't know those missions gave XP.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

So much that I turn off the notifications pop-up and invite sound from my character's phone.

Though I will admit that this is rare occurancy nowadays

Sometimes I skip meals and ignore sleep. Sounds like a average jp mmo player over here lol

I think you probably heard this before, but if you haven't, sleeping, eating and taking breaks from game sessions is a healthy practice.

I cant go past an hour with having the need to take a small break and at least stretch my arms and hands and run up to the kitchen to grab something to eat.
  • Nossirag likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think you probably heard this before, but if you haven't, sleeping, eating and taking breaks from game sessions is a healthy practice.

I cant go past an hour with having the need to take a small break and at least stretch my arms and hands and run up to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

Same. I can't sit too long or my joints start to seize up (middle age is sh*t). My TV / console set-up is in my converted double garage, with running machine, punchbag and weight bench. I often sit on the weight bench, do a race or something, then in between races do my reps lol

• bulldog385 likes this

quxxo
  • quxxo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm always anti-social.

everybodysolo
  • everybodysolo

If it's not burning, did you really try?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I use a 12 mission playlist for grinding that normally looses its charm by the 3rd or 4th  go around. I typically don't want to interact with very many during this time which is why I go offline and stick to solo sessions. Its kind of my way of "clocking in" for work. Once I get brunt out, I usually go for a cruse, then switch to online see what my crew/friends are up to. 

ntinoskonsta
  • ntinoskonsta

Lawless Inc. CEO

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago

I try to stay concentrated, but if certain friends (AKA not those that want to abuse me for Prison Break) get online, I drop the grind in a heartbeat.

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Lucius M. Galloway, A week ago.

I became anti social in general hahaa. But on a serious note, some random tried to give me 10% one time and his boyfriend messaged me to ready up. I politely told him "Don't message me, I do not f*ck with you, save your breath." I don't invite anyone through xbox, I don't message or play with anyone unless they want to link up first. Seriously, I'm not your girlfriend, if we're not playing together for a while, we're not playing at all.

My once good friend Darik just up and vanished for about 7 months. No text, no message, no game invite, and he had been online the same time as me, playing THE same game. So he invited me literally 3 days ago. I didn't decline or accept, just kept doing VIP work.

I drink my water with salt cuz.

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I pigeon hole my time on games. On GTA I have time when I'm focussed on making money, and time when I will mix with other players, mess round in freeroam, race, whatever.

It's more efficient that way, I got sick of useless associates delivering cars with 10-20k of damages, whether sourcing or sale. There is only 1 person left on my friends list who still plays GTA, the rest stopped when gunrunning came out. That one has changed, they never do races, missions, etc now. All they do is look for fights in freeroam, found themselves a little tryhard crew too.
  • Nossirag likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted A week ago

You don't become when you are <sigh> :(

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted A week ago

I try to become more social and reach out to gamers so we can help eachother but ppl are selfish... a group of 4 or 7 works better then solo

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Queen of Darkness

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by ShadowlessDevil, A week ago.

I'm always anti-social...unless hubby is playing at the same time..at that point I can't really ignore him lol

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I always reply to anyone on my friends list w/i a few minutes, generally. Sometimes, I'm too focused to notice during 2x bonuses.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm very unsocial. Even if I'm just dicking around in freeroam, I ignore messages and party invites. I only look at the texts since they appear on the screen

RomeofSBD
  • RomeofSBD

Co-Founder of SBD Gaming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

That's me 100%. I'm from the era where we used to game by ourselves (NES, Genesis, etc...) before online gaming. I enjoy the social aspect but 80% of the time I like to go solo. My online friends get all mad when I don't wanna game with them, but I always have to remind them that I'm not obligated to join in. I'll join whenever I feel like it.
  • gtafan26 likes this

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

If we wanted to be social, we probably wouldn't play GTA Online.

• gtafan26 likes this

Fugitive69
  • Fugitive69

ME WANT TUNER UPDATE

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yes, unless its my real life friend

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users