Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone become anti social when grinding on gta or any other game?

56 replies to this topic
Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:54 PM Edited by Quinn_flower, 18 August 2017 - 05:54 PM.

I do. I Ignore my friend lists when I'm in focus grinding mode. Idk I just don't want to be disturbed just want to get from point a to point b. Oh well shrugs

Anyone becomes this as well?
  • LoveFist87, gtafan26, Insane Clown and 1 other like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

God is real, and he is an Attack Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

I ignore pretty much everyone, unless I get sent an invite from a friend or something. Then I'll take a break and join them.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:11 PM Edited by Quinn_flower, 18 August 2017 - 06:13 PM.

I ignore pretty much everyone, unless I get sent an invite from a friend or something. Then I'll take a break and join them.

You can send me messages but I won't read em because I'm focused. I been trying to get to level 50 on max Payne 3 been working on that for 5 days now. doing sp missions for XP and you have no idea how many messages I got when I'm on grind mode. I'm so close I'm at 43 right now. lol

Sometimes I skip meals and ignore sleep. Sounds like a average jp mmo player over here lol
  • robban, Sky_Light12, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

Same. 

If I'm grinding and in the groove, I don't want to break it. 

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:25 PM Edited by LL Cool L, 18 August 2017 - 06:26 PM.

if I dont want to be disturbed I turn my messages and notifications off....also works well when im on youtube or netflix or nowtv on my ps4...

..sometimes I forgot to turn them back on when Im done and it seems like im ignoring people

I thought you meant real life friends tho, before I opened this thread....

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:29 PM Edited by Quinn_flower, 18 August 2017 - 06:30 PM.

Real life friends too....most of the time.

This is me with grind fest on games
  • _47_ and xDatxJunkyx like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

I'm the opposite lol

I get more social when I hop online
  • LL Cool L, -LN-, Lainathiel and 2 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

That feel when you never really was grinding, but still anti social.

Spoiler
  • CarimboHanky, Sky_Light12, Rafae and 2 others like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

I've only actually ground a couple of times, so I'm gonna say "no".  If I found myself grinding regularly I'd consider it not fun and stop.

• -LN- likes this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Real life friends too....most of the time.

hmm depends what game i playing, what friends and In what manner you mean ignore...

i can text back while playing gta, if im in the clouds or riding shotgun etc...I can play while on the phone....I wont make plans and cancel because of games or I wont turn down a motive I wanna go to for games..unless like a new update just dropped or a new game just came out, like I took time off work wen gta 1st came out..

I dunno......if I just started talking to a girl I mite pause fifa for her....but like my gf, I would wait till half time....

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

Nah, when I'm in the middle of a mission or something and a friend wants to do some shenanigans, I'll finish the mission and gladly join them. I'd rather have some fun with friends than grind for virtual cash.
  • -LN- likes this

Mrs. Buzz
  • Mrs. Buzz

Formerly godtrams | forever helisexual ;)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Quinn, I acted like you, but it was a pain in the ass to clear that *special* behaviour afterwards in *millions* of PM's to not loose them completly. On the one hand - I'm mentally on your side - I've ignored everything once I figured out a new DLC on my owm (or was on a grind in your words) - just to be prepared once I play that stuff with friends and don't look like a donkey. But on the other hand not even a short note why I'm in "ghostmode" is to much to understand for most of the people outside tbh. I stepped back a bit and started to answear at least very old and close friends on their 2nd MP-invite/PM so they know what's going on (ok, most of my friends already know how I sometimes act so...). I use my office/bunker/clubhouse entry for that - the 10-20secs.doesn't hurt or break the run.  I'd suggest you to do the same to prevent the possible loss of friends (which happened here tbh - but not really close ones).

But you're right and so am I :). Once I get no response I just move on and the next time I met the *special* friend I'm just happy and enjoy the time we have together. Far away from vengeful. But many can't act like that or understand why and couldn't see the reason or *nature* behind that behaviour. It's a charackter issue - not to be able to help it. So, social community (which we're part of) awaits reaction. Feed them with some crumbs and...  - ok, that's a bit harsh I guess?

• ntinoskonsta, alkaline_ and Amy Vinewood like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:37 PM Edited by Sanches, 18 August 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Alright. Jokes are over.

And i still never found myself grinding in GTA.
But in any other game... I always try to find a minute if some of my friends trying to ask me something or ect. For example, i died too many times in BF4 cuz i minimised the game, because of steam message sound. Even if i tried to hide somewhere.
Don't get me wrong, i don't close the game as soon as i hear the message sound, sometimes it's too intense moment in the game so i can't leave it. But that doesn't make me anti social, right?

Here, look at that social boi.

Spoiler

PetrolCB
  • PetrolCB

I Am The Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:44 PM Edited by PetrolCB, 18 August 2017 - 07:44 PM.

**delete**

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Punk Rock Jock

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Why not get that Grind on with friends?
Made $8.3million since Tuesday casually grinding with friends from the Forums..
  • -LN- likes this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, I get really anti social sometimes.

When work has been stressful and I just need to unwind I'll lower MTU, appear offline, turn notifications off, hit play on Spotify and grind away.

There's something about the monotony and the feeling of being the only sentient being in the city that relaxes me.

Maxx1013
  • Maxx1013

Overtime Shootout sucks

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

I'm always anti social whether I'm grinding or just watching my security camera. 

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

I can't say that I do very much (if any) grinding; I'd rather do things that I find enjoyable. However, if I don't respond to a message, it's likely because I didn't see it or were afk. If I'm doing something that needs my full attention or if I just want to play alone, I'll always turn on Incognito Mode on PS4 so that I appear offline.

That doesn't mean that I will accept every invite that comes my way when I'm showing online; there are just times when you don't want to do certain things and that should be perfectly acceptable. Though when it comes to GTA, I'd much rather game with my friends as opposed to always playing alone.
  • The Happy Clown, alkaline_, Mrs. Buzz and 2 others like this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, when I'm editing, depending on the length and focus, I take about 3-6 hours, and got this friend who gun runs 24/7. Invites me all the time, I just can't tell someone straight up

"No, I won't participate in that f*ck fest, leave me alone."

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:55 PM

RE:

http://gtaforums.com...egative +impact

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:57 PM Edited by Hellbendzor, 18 August 2017 - 09:57 PM.

My teenage son started playing alot, and I mean ALOT, of Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare... He's pretty damn good at it, if I may do say so myself, and as such, he has alot of COD-friends in our friend-list on Steam...

So whenever I'm playing Forza Horizon, I hear that nasty Steam-message sound ALL the time.. 'Wanna play COD?' 'Want to do a round of Zombies?'.... There goes your immersive gaming feel, ehhe...

So to answer your question: YES... I put myself on 'offline' mode there and my friend list on Social Club I do same for 75% of the time. These days I hardly get talked to through Social club, but at one point it got very very annoying.. Always me helping others out but when it was my turn to be helped... No one was available or had time to help... 

So yes, I'm anti-social in GTA online... And IRL it's even worse... :p

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

There was a really fast, really easy solo dupe glitch and I obsessed and filled all the garages on both characters in one long night and a short next morning. Told her that's it with me being obsessed with duping, that was the mother lode, I have no more spots to fill.

Then I found out there was a new glitch that put dupes in the clouds. IN THE CLOUDS. Unlimited garage space.

They patched it the next day, good thing cause my wife would have divorced me.

• Aussie_Hunter likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, add me to the same list, if Iam trying to make money.

Khephera
  • Khephera

The Neter against the Neteru

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:40 AM

No, I don't. The only time when I might ignore my friends is when I've just came online and want to sell my stuff and then refill my products. But they are free to join my session, and I'm happy to accept their invites when I'm done with the respective mission I'm currently doing, taking a break of my refilling... sure. After all, it's boring, but at least I want to finish the mission I've just started. The only problem is, of course, when you get multiple invites - can't be on multiple places at the same time, right? The only thing when I get really anti-social is when people (ab)use the Social Club message system on PC too much. Hell, I'm playing!, I'm not online in GTA to f*cking "chat", it's really annoying when you constantly have to open the in-game SC menu to reply to some messages.  
Also, f*ck you forum!
Spoiler

• hugh750, The Happy Clown, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

Spoiler

On topic: I'm not really that social to begin with, when it comes to games. I should be more though; I need to work on that.

It's like - I like to have the game on my own terms, times. It's just a little thing I do when I get the vibe I want to do it. If it's more organized, arranging times to play so I can get together, etc. it kind of stops being something I just do on impulse when I want to.

Not a huge deal anyway, not a lot of people here are on my platform.

• alkaline_, The-Irish-Hunter, Mrs. Buzz and 2 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:01 AM Edited by Kushology, 19 August 2017 - 04:02 AM.

I have majority of my notifications off and use my phone. Sometimes I just like shutting my phone off too. I went on a serious grind few weeks ago, I did 200 crate collections/sales in a week by myself. Lagged out any and all sessions I was put in or if people joined me.. lol
  • Amy Vinewood and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:03 AM

I went on a serious grind few weeks ago, I did 200 crate collections/sales in a week by myself.

The crates are an absolutely soul-crushing grind. I haven't done them since getting my trophy. Couldn't bear to touch them again.

• Kushology, The Happy Clown, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

I went on a serious grind few weeks ago, I did 200 crate collections/sales in a week by myself.

The crates are an absolutely soul-crushing grind. I haven't done them since getting my trophy. Couldn't bear to touch them again.

Best way to get RP though, I admit. I ranked up over 30 ranks and I'm in the 700's.
  • Amy Vinewood and Happy Hunter like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Rustled Jimmies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

Also, f*ck you forum!

Spoiler

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Bad Gateway: Error 502

• V4S, The Happy Clown, ntinoskonsta and 10 others like this

Khephera
  • Khephera

The Neter against the Neteru

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

[spoiler]

- snip -

Just a small, vague hint of the Hunter - it's so powerful that it breaks the forum.

Is it only for me, or is it really the apocalypse; the return of our Lord and Saviour? (:

- snip -

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Bad Gateway: Error 502

Lmao :D
I love the creative rhymes of certain people on here. :inlove: I wish I'd have that talent.^^

• Rafae, alkaline_, Amy Vinewood and 5 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users