Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has GTA gone too far with the mobile phone?

34 replies to this topic

Poll: Has GTA gone too far with the mobile phone? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the mobile phone play a smaller part in gameplay?

1. No (GTA should maintain the smart phone and stay in a modern setting) (23 votes [58.97%])

Percentage of vote: 58.97%

2. Yes (Mobile phone should play a smaller role in gameplay) (16 votes [41.03%])

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

If possible I would like Rockstar to make both a new gta game set in modern times with a smartphone and also one set back in like the 1980s or 1990s again without one.

I don't particularly care about the phone though I just think setting the game in modern day isn't always the best choice.

This.

Although a good GTA game without a smartphone that does everything for you might be quite hard for a lot of modern casual gamers.

Good. 

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

In the next gta game we will have Nokia 3310 as a weapon

But if we talk serious, yes it gone too far. We can do anything in phone, it should only have call, message and maybe camera. That is it, no need to add more.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

I think V has already pushed it to the limit, I dont think we could have anymore interaction than what we already have without removing it from the game map, and that would seriously sucks.

Man, I want a game set in the 80's so bad...Use newspapers or TV to check the news, go to the bank to check your bank account(or do a heist), go to a car dealer to buy a car (or steal it), work as a hired gun? Payphones!

Social media? f*ck off with that nonsense!
  • Ertan Soner likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

I think V has already pushed it to the limit, I dont think we could have anymore interaction than what we already have without removing it from the game map, and that would seriously sucks.

Man, I want a game set in the 80's so bad...Use newspapers or TV to check the news, go to the bank to check your bank account(or do a heist), go to a car dealer to buy a car (or steal it), work as a hired gun? Payphones!

Social media? f*ck off with that nonsense!

That is why old times are better

• ViceOfLiberty likes this

Van Nelle
  • Van Nelle

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:34 PM Edited by Van Nelle, 08 September 2017 - 10:40 PM.

No, they didn't went too far. In fact, I never understood why anyone would point out these features in the "GTA V sucks, GTA has gone foul" threads.

Social media? You're telling me that one site, which is completely optional to visit, where you can't do anything except read a couple of posts, has somehow changed the way you play this game? And you don't mind that in IV, social media (as in dating websites) have greater, actual influance on gameplay and are even being used in story missions?

OP: In Online, I don't mind being able to do everything through the phone, because multiplayer is not about interactions with NPC's, it's about interaction with other players. Why should I worry about driving to the bank to deposit my money when I receive invites to races or missions? Why should I waste time driving to Lamar to send a mugger after other player, when in the meantime that player can leave the game?

And the internet isn't more fleshed out than in IV. There's actually regression from rich websites, full of information about the in-game world to less content, but with a little more interactivity. And while in IV the internet is used to complete missions, in V you don't have to use it at all during the story.

The phone itself also plays smaller role in V than it's precedessor. In IV, you start side-missions with phone or computer, while in V you just go to the starting point. You can even hangout with friends without calling them, by meeting them in the  world (at least the protagonists). In V you can't heal yourself, lose wanted level or get guns delivered to your location by calling a contact like you could in IV.

• Gummy  likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users