Call for support - adding single player content

15 replies to this topic
bennyboy161
  • bennyboy161

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

I am trying to get a large post going on the rockstar forums to put some pressure on in regards to adding some single player content. I know people like yourself appreciate the single player content and would want to see more.

Take two took a step back when there was a backlash to restricting the modding. I think we can make a difference even if its small.

https://support.rock...nt_115004938728

My apologies if this bothers you in some way or is considered spam :/ I just want more single player content man. more mt chiliad more kifflom!

• D T, OhDee and Technosjaak like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

ah3vZwJ.gif
  • Gummy  and Yinepi like this

bennyboy161
  • bennyboy161

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

I can't tell if that's a supportive and constructive good luck from a positive persons pov or a cynical negative good luck.. either way thanks!

bennyboy161
  • bennyboy161

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

https://www.change.o...ockstar-in-2014

I have started a petition lets make a difference guys!

• OhDee likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

Thank you for your interest! Your petitions to Rockstar games will be ignored in the order they were received.

• Pink Pineapple, TheFranchise and Yinepi like this

bennyboy161
  • bennyboy161

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:13 AM Edited by bennyboy161, 19 August 2017 - 04:13 AM.

The petition against take two's legal action vs openVI certainly wasn't ignored. are you aware of that one?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

There was more effort being made in that instance than just a petition. People were blasting the game's review score.

I'm saying people have made this exact same petition to them before. It's not the amount of people who post in a topic on their site; I am reminded of the huge petition to bring the heist vehicles to SP, and how Rockstar eventually just disabled comments on it.

OhDee
  • OhDee

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

I totally support this and want to say thank you for trying to make this happen! It might not get us anywhere, but it's certainly worth a shot and I'm glad someone took the initiative to put this out there.

May I suggest putting the link to the thread/petition in the DLC thread here?

Also, spreading the link on social media? Such as then GTA pages on Facebook and Reddit and also accounts like @GTAOnlineNews on Twitter? Might be a good way of encouraging people to come out and sign. There are a lot of people out there who want story DLC, if we all band together we could make a real loud noise that Rockstar would struggle to ignore. 

bennyboy161
  • bennyboy161

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:28 PM

I totally support this and want to say thank you for trying to make this happen! It might not get us anywhere, but it's certainly worth a shot and I'm glad someone took the initiative to put this out there.

May I suggest putting the link to the thread/petition in the DLC thread here?

Also, spreading the link on social media? Such as then GTA pages on Facebook and Reddit and also accounts like @GTAOnlineNews on Twitter? Might be a good way of encouraging people to come out and sign. There are a lot of people out there who want story DLC, if we all band together we could make a real loud noise that Rockstar would struggle to ignore. 

Thanks for speaking up and joining me and thanks for the suggestions on spreading the word! I will certainly add it to the DLC thread and continue to spread the initiative over facebook twitter and Reddit :) 

• OhDee likes this

bennyboy161
  • bennyboy161

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Just over 25 people have signed in the past two days. its great to see others also want to make a difference!

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:29 PM Edited by D T, 21 August 2017 - 12:29 PM.

Just over 25 people have signed in the past two days. its great to see others also want to make a difference!

200.gif
  • Cutter De Blanc, Drug Tino and Brian_O_Malley like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

The optimistic idealism is painful to watch.

I too, was like you once... You are going to see that they have become a faceless corporation that cares more about their bottom line than making quality experiences anymore.

• Yinepi likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:05 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 21 August 2017 - 10:18 PM.

I can't tell if that's a supportive and constructive good luck from a positive persons pov or a cynical negative good luck.. either way thanks!

Your heart is obviously in the right place here, but don't blame the guys in the forum for their cynicism. The hostility is not meant to be directed at you. The problem is that in coming up on four years, I have literally lost count of the multitude of petitions demanding, pleading, begging, and cajoling Rockstar for SP support. Let me be perfectly clear: There is not a single fan of GTA V that wouldn't celebrate, dancing in the streets if your petition, due to some confluence of absurd and unlikely events, was the magic bullet that got Rockstar to finally sit up and take notice that we want this. And, of course, more importantly, actually did something positive about it.

But the reason your petition thread is getting a little mocking and some derision is not because we all don't agree with you in spirit, but because e have all been down this road many times before.

So try not to take it personally. But at this point, I would be surprised if you could actually find THREE people who are registered in this forum who think that there will ever be SP DLC or future SP support for GTA V Sorry, but that's just how it is. I wish I was wrong, and still hope I am. But, sadly I'm not.

The petition against take two's legal action vs openVI certainly wasn't ignored. are you aware of that one?

That only had to do with PC users rising up in outrage and all tanking the Steam reviews for the game, and Rockstar was afraid their sales would plummet. But PC users and our mods (and I am one of them, since I own the game on PS3 and PC) really are a unified force. Not only that, BUT Rockstar did not have to create or finish and market additional content to pander to us. All they had to do was rescind a C&D order, and that was that. One call to their lawyer, and the problem was solved.

With these petitions, we are asking Rockstar to actually develop or finish entirely new content AND then to market and sell it.

Big difference.

• Cutter De Blanc and Pastry like this

bennyboy161
  • bennyboy161

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:26 AM

200.gif

If nothing else.. quality gif :D

mjace72
  • mjace72

mjace72

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

This doesn't bother me and I waited and waited but it's been 4 years now and wouldn't we want GTA VI by now?  I'm ready for a new game, not dlc for a 4 year old one.  If Rockstar weren't so greedy, they would see they missed the boat big time with a large fan base when they failed to release San Fierro, and Las Venturas dlc packs for the single player content.  Maybe they plan to take 12 years in reintroducing San Andreas.   Shark up folks, it's gonna be costly.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

Hate to sound pessimistic but I don't think R* will give us the time of day unless we buy a IRL mansions worth of shark cards for the Skeltor that is gta online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users