Quantcast

» «
Photo

Done playing gta v online?

104 replies to this topic

Poll: Solo public lobbies (216 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you keep playing gta v online if they stop solo public lobbies for gunrunning etc.?

1. Yes I am done playing! (57 votes [26.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.39%

2. Nah i will still play... (159 votes [73.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Absolutely, though it's largely out of principle. Rockstar is going too far with things like research pay walls and forced PVP. Their entire business model is so blatantly geared towards forcing people to buy Shark Cards that actual gameplay is now being affected.

Look, I'll be the first person to admit that money is pretty easy to come but in this game. I can pocket a million in a couple of solid hours of play time and since I only buy things I'm interested in, I have plenty of spending money for the future. But I'm a solo player. I spend my day at work on a headset coordinating with a team of people so when I get home I'm just looking to shut my brain off and enjoy a bit of gaming. What I don't need is a bunch of try hards picking a fight with me as I simply try to enjoy an aspect of the game that interests me. I like stealing and selling cars, I'm not interested in fending off the 12 year old on a jet powered bike with incredibly accurate homing missiles in the process.

There is no balance, no way to combat the heavily armored opposition as you desperately try to push your Boxville up a hill. There's nothing I can do about two people in an APC camped outside of my warehouse. There are no true counter measures, short of paying to hide my blip. And quite frankly, I'm not going to participate in that.

Its bad enough that there are cool down timers, purposely spaced out computers for launching jobs, and a very carefully controlled limit on the amount of money a player can make in any given hour. For a sandbox game there's a whole lot of forced gameplay and interference from the powers that be. As a long time fan of GTA it's the first time I've wanted there to be a true GTA killer...
  • El-Gaddafii, Skeve613, jerryinohio78 and 3 others like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago

Stopping Solo Lobbies won't kill off my enthusiasm for playing GTA.

Turning the franchise into an unbalanced cash-grab Ooh-rah clownshoes mask-clad memelord hotwheels sh*tfest with no consideration for tone and context is doing that in abundance already.

• Rafae, Commander S, BigJoe_1 and 9 others like this

xNEMESISxALPHAx
  • xNEMESISxALPHAx

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I might still play from time to time, but I won't jump into any new DLC content. It seems like Rockstar always takes a step back with each new DLC lately and the trends are moving more towards "pro shark car" "anti player" practices. Executives was awesome, Bikers sucked, I/E was awesome, Gunrunning really sucked. 

To be honest I think GTA online really needs a "2.0 overhaul". Things like PVP and PVE lobbies should be implemented, more contact missions and game types in freeroam, less time waiting in the clouds, and an actual goal besides making money and buying sh*t. There's no level cap to achieve, no end game content for high level players. Its just a money grind and a griefing fest these days. 

• Coleco and J1M like this

UndyingBubbles
  • UndyingBubbles

f*ckOFFYOUc*nt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have been playing in bad sports for 3 weeks now and still have 5 weeks left in there. I will tell you something, I have had more fun playing in these lobbies than the standard lobbies full of try hards and noobs crying about their cars or goods being blown up. I have never really been a griefer until a few weeks back when I got so bored I actively tried to get in BS.

Ibuilt up $212m legit through months of grinding crates/IE/MC and VIP work but am now down to $35m after researching everything by paying for it and buying everything I could possibly need/want. I have NO DESIRE to do MC/crates or IE even at double $ as it is a borefest. If I really needed money I would sell the military vehicles I do not use (all of them apart from Opressor) for untold $m's rather than spend months again trying to accumalate pixelated money for more absolute garbage. Yes, garabge, please buy heavy military vehicles that you cannot use as you blow people up and get a BS sentence which defies the logic of having them.

The game is a borefest - what more can possibly be done now? A new DLC with more sh*t vehicles? A new version of get this, buy this, sell that?

Nah, I was once a decent and fair player - now, when I do play, I will stay in BS and have some fun.

As soon as Battlefront II and RDR2 is out I won't even touch GTA

• Big Molio likes this

Daedalheidis
  • Daedalheidis

The Owner Of "S"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I actually feel like I'm playing it more now that I have someone who regularly plays it and is willing to fool around in freeroam for hours without end.

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago

No, I won't quit GTA Online just because it is slowly but surely becoming something I don't find satisfying nor entertaining. As a fan of this franchise with 15 years of experience, who completed every game 100% sometimes multiple times, I generally return and revisit GTA games, and never fully lose interest in them. So while I strongly criticize Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit and Gunrunning, and find them disasterous updates with more cons than pros, I still look forward for new DLCs, hoping there'll be something that will motivate me to play Online once more.

The problem is, both aforementioned updates introduced absolutely no new active ways to spend time in the game. CS:SVC unlocked heists vehicles and removed rank requirements for other ones, thus successfully taking away a reason to actually play the game. Gunrunning introduced new passive way of earning (not enough) money, which let's be honest, is anything but new. It's a reskinned biker business, so for those who already know old biker businesses, bunkers and gunrunning won't be surprising or exciting.

And that's the thing with the current state of GTA Online - it's same old activities, only reskinned. I can't do the same thing over and over endlessly, especially when it's advertised as something new.

New vehicles are always great, and I can't tell you how happy I am to see proper Cheetah returning, for instance, but even the best car won't have much of value, aside from collector's standpoint, if you don't have anything to do with it. I already did over 400 heist prep missions, completed 120 finales, unlocked all challenges related to them, including Criminal Mastermind, did about 150 vehicle exports, finished all contact missions (not counting some requiring 4 or so players), so otherwords - veni, vedi, vici. The game has nothing new to keep me involved and entertained for more than half of hour.

If R* somehow blocked solo public sessions at this point, it wouldn't matter to me much - I've stopped doing vehicle exports in may, because I already got a small fortune, and their repetitiveness became a problem. Ever since, I only played GTA Online at tuesdays, purchasing discounted vehicles from my wishlist and/or upgrading them. With nothing new to actually do, there's no reason for me to keep playing the game. So yeah, while I don't quit it, I don't play it either, but I hope next update(s) will finally change something, instead of adding boring repetitive public session garbage which already existed for months and we all know it.

Monothematic nature of Gunrunning doesn't help either - I don't find myself being even remotely interested in military content, so even before the update came out, I knew it most likely won't be my cup of tea. And it wasn't. At least Cheetah, Torero and XA-21 are good additions to my vehicle collection.

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It doesn't affect me at all one way or the other. My average online session is 46 minutes.
Nights during the week, we'll do races if there's nothing to watch on Netflix.
On weekends I'll run some CMs. Occasionally I'll do heists for a few hours to build my bank back up.
Honestly if there was a Midnight Club for PS4 I never would have bought GTAV.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Of course I'm going to keep playing.

I don't like playing with myself anyway.

Unless I'm being watched.

zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't feel the need to personally, however I get it.

There are people who are vested in this game and/or franchise.  They feel R*'s decisions have pushed them farther and farther from what they enjoyed about it. So they're mad.

Maybe you're not vested per se, but someone who has 100s if not 1000s of hours and feels like R* is trashing the game and more importantly, moving the game away from what they enjoyed about it. Yes, they are going to be snarky about it.

It's pretty simple.

why do people feel the need to announce that they have stopped playing??

• Coleco likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

There's always something to do, so I'll keep playing, even if it is just being a nuisance to everybody else.

The worst thing they did was add those "businesses" because players overnight saw themselves as being at work, like for real. All of a sudden everybody is head down, arse up and grinding away miserably trying to get $100bn

No wonder some people are fed up of it, they forget it's just a game.

zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by zoso80, 4 weeks ago.

This made me smile.  Second best post on the online section of the forum this year!

Stopping Solo Lobbies won't kill off my enthusiasm for playing GTA.

Turning the franchise into an unbalanced cash-grab Ooh-rah clownshoes mask-clad memelord hotwheels sh*tfest with no consideration for tone and context is doing that in abundance already.

• Rafae, Coleco and Xiled like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't feel the need to personally, however I get it.

There are people who are vested in this game and/or franchise.  They feel R*'s decisions have pushed them farther and farther from what they enjoyed about it. So they're mad.

Maybe you're not vested per se, but someone who has 100s if not 1000s of hours and feels like R* is trashing the game and more importantly, moving the game away from what they enjoyed about it. Yes, they are going to be snarky about it.

It's pretty simple.

why do people feel the need to announce that they have stopped playing??

thats the raw answer I was looking for...I feel your response tho...I can get that but when has being snarky helped anything or anyone?

GTA does not belong to any1 its R* and they can do with ita they please tbh, of course it will not please every1, we are all different...nothing will ever please every1

but ok cool

MemesDoComeTrue
  • MemesDoComeTrue

Back in my day servers worked.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I try to sell in 30 player lobbies anyway for the high demand bonus, so if anything this would help me.

• Quiet Riot likes this

Demolisher44
  • Demolisher44

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

• Xiled and Daedalheidis like this

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

The truth for me is that I find online boring now.

I think the new update is poor and as a lone wolf, getting "picked on" in solo lobbies can be fun for 5 minutes but it grows tired very quickly.

This is no longer the game for the casual gamers as it used to be, it demands 30+ hour a week gamers which just won't happen with my lifestyle.

There's a new FIFA coming out and a handful of games I've put off buying over the last 6-12 months which I'll probably drift over to now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users