Quantcast

» «
Photo

Truck attack in Barceolona kills 13 people.

24 replies to this topic
Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:55 PM Edited by Donatello, 17 August 2017 - 09:18 PM.

http://edition.cnn.c...rowd/index.html

https://www.theguard...amblas-district

Graphic footage.
Spoiler

Islamic State claimed responsibility.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

Thank God no of my friends or family where killed or injured. I was very worried because my sister works very close to Las Ramblas and she wasn't answering her phone at first. Luckily she finished her shift before the terrorist attacks.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

*Sighs*

It's sad that my girls won't grow up in the kind of environment i grew up in, In the 80's and 90's nobody felt they couldn't go to the store without needing to carry a side arm or let their kids run the roads from the time they got up until the street lights come on.

Now you're paranoid of everybody and everything not knowing if someone you see driving slowly behind a large crowd leaving a concert is going to plow thur them in the name of whoever his god is.

No place is safe anymore it seems like the only safe place left in the world is Antarctica at least for now the worse you have to worry about is the ice shelf that your station is on doesn't collapse

• feckyerlife likes this

DerangedCrackhead
  • DerangedCrackhead

punk de molde

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

There have been so many arrests for jihadism related activities over the last few years in Spain that it's surprising that this didn't happen before. I guess that after more than 40 years of terrorism and armed actions, with the jihadist attacks in Madrid of 2004 fresh in the memory and the last years of ETA still so close, Spanish police forces have gained some experience in counterterrorism.

In some way I think that we were expecting it to happen sooner or later, yet at the end, with so much going on lately and how subconsciously it has become a relatively normal thing, it seemed so distant everytime an attack happened elsewhere.

The last I heard is that they may be linking the Barcelona attacks with an explosion in a flat happened earlier today in Tarragona that killed one and left seven injured. If they confirm it might imply that there could have been explosives initally involved in the plan, meaning it could have been more devastating. It's early to venture anyway.

DerangedCrackhead
  • DerangedCrackhead

punk de molde

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

*Sighs*

It's sad that my girls won't grow up in the kind of environment i grew up in, In the 80's and 90's nobody felt they couldn't go to the store without needing to carry a side arm or let their kids run the roads from the time they got up until the street lights come on.

Now you're paranoid of everybody and everything not knowing if someone you see driving slowly behind a large crowd leaving a concert is going to plow thur them in the name of whoever his god is.

No place is safe anymore it seems like the only safe place left in the world is Antarctica at least for now the worse you have to worry about is the ice shelf that your station is on doesn't collapse

In the case of Spain, terrorism was an everyday thing in the eighties and nineties, when ETA was at the height of its activity and a myriad of different armed groups were taking their toll of lives, though the actions, methods and objectives were different. Europe wasn't either much different with Spain in that aspect.

It's been already said many times but the world has been always a sh*thole, we just are more aware about what is going on than before. Some recurring circumstances, ideas and behaviors make it more depressing though.

Also, sorry for the double post, but I'm posting from my phone and it's a pain in the ass.
  • Melchior and The Deadite like this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

*Sighs*

In the case of Spain, terrorism was an everyday thing in the eighties and nineties, when ETA was at the height of its activity and a myriad of different armed groups were taking their toll of lives, though the actions, methods and objectives were different. Europe wasn't either much different with Spain in that aspect.

It's been already said many times but the world has been always a sh*thole, we just are more aware about what is going on than before. Some recurring circumstances, ideas and behaviors make it more depressing though.

Also, sorry for the double post, but I'm posting from my phone and it's a pain in the ass.

The U.S was fortunate enough to not have terrorism back then we had home-grown terrorist such as the UNABOMBER, The 93' World Trade Center, Oklahoma City & Olympic Bombing then as the calander turned to the year 2000 it went from home-grown US Born to foreign attackers starting with the U.S.S Cole bombing leading up to 9/11  

Did you read about these incidents?

More than 1,000 migrants storm Moroccan border at Spain's Ceuta enclave, injuring 55 security personnel

August 8th - The agonising moment a border guard snaps his leg in two places while trying to trip an African migrant storming into Spain from Morocco

Hk7w6nE.gif

August 10th - Migrants on jetskis reach Spanish enclave of Ceuta in North Africa as police push back 700 Africans as they attempt to storm a 20-foot border fence

I'm not saying any of these people are going to go on and carry out attacks but this is how some of these attackers are getting into the EU countries and because of EU policies they are welcomed with open arms it seems, Mass majority of attacks are done by people who are in the country for quite a while before they attack their new home and fellow countrymen.

I'm all for immigration every country in the world is full of immigrants, America was built by immigrants they are needed but there is a right way and wrong way to go about these situations and these people know that if their home country is in a state of chaos they most likely won't be shipped back home.

The EU & UN need to step up and start helping make these immigrants home countries better so they're standard of living is good but i do think a majority of these folks are worker immigrants who are seeking jobs in the EU to support their families back home which i commend but again need to go thur the proper channels and if they do then they can bring their family with them instead of having to leave them in wartorn or poverty stricken countries

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

Barcelona attack: police kill several suspects in Cambrils terror raid – live updates

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

The lack of interest in this thread is pretty telling in itself. As much as I'd optimistically hoped it would never come to this, these terror attacks in major European cities are just something we have to accept. The towns and villages are next.
  • Gay Tony, Skeever, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 1 other like this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:08 AM

The lack of interest in this thread is pretty telling in itself. As much as I'd optimistically hoped it would never come to this, these terror attacks in major European cities are just something we have to accept. The towns and villages are next.

Yup, the link i posted above turned out was from another event that was foiled just in time.

5 people who were killed were wearing sucide belts and had run over people in a car at a resort and were about to blow themselves up before they were killed by Police

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

There have been Over 1100 terrorist attacks this year. 112 in August alone. Of the over 1000, 70 happened in European Soil. (Most of them in Ukraine and Turkey. So the number is around half if you only count major western European cities, or at least the ones that haven't live in  a recent war).

And the ones with death toll exceeding 100, around 4 of them, all happened in Syria, Afghanistan, and Libya. 

So, drop this whole "EUROPE IS ON FIRE! ALL MAJOR CITIES UNDER THREAT! THEY'LL COME FOR TOWN AND VILLAGES NEXT!" rhetoric which is just a bunch of bollocks. 93% of all terrorist attacks have happened in regions that suffered from Western influence. This isn't a "trend" that is rising in Europe. This is the result of imperialism. 

And the simple fact that these attacks on European cities still make the news, means that they are NOT common place, and something that we have to accept. The fact that 1000 of attacks barely get a mention on the news, barely get a facebook flag change, barely get people talking about the situation in other countries, show that we have accepted that these terrorist attacks are common abroad, in places no-one cares about. Where were you when the 2017 Aleppo suicide car bombing happened? Where was your grief when the 2017 Kabul Attack took place? Where was your condemnation of the Brak El-Shati raid? Where were your sympathies when the Camp Shaheen attack took place? Or the other hundreds with death toll in the double digits? 

But since they happened in regions where people don't really matter, it's all normalized.

Yeah.

Sad that this happened, terrorists are cowards pieces of sh*t. I just hope these events don't push Europe into the right wing spectrum of things, as that would suck balls. Have some friends from Barcelona, glad to see they are ok. Condolences to those who perished.

• Lc gta, mr quick, Android and 4 others like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:33 AM

My condolences.Sorry to hear about this happening. Unfortunatly,terrorism is now present everywhere.

• Khephera likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:33 AM

Rationally, yes. Realistically, of course people are going to care more about a terror attack in a tourist hub they themselves may even have visited or had planned to visit, or at the very least have some conception of. Whilst terror attacks in the arse-end of Afghanistan or wherever else are undoubtedly equally horrid, their impact on a global level is nowhere close. Which is a fact terror groups like ISIS are well aware of, and make use of. Furthermore it's rather hard to deny that the frequency of attacks by groups like ISIS on European soil has increased in the last 2.5 / 3 years. To find a higher frequency of notable deadly attacks in Europe you have to look back to the times of The Troubles and when the ETA was active, which all was prior to the turn of the millennium. Whilst I reject the notion that this is indicative of Europe being overrun by terrorists, or that this somehow is becoming the "new normal" or some other alarmist rhetoric; It's without a doubt a statistical uptick we ignore at our own peril. 

In reality I'm sure as all f*ck going to be even more on guard whenever some c*nt decides to speed in a van or lorry in the direct vicinity of a pedestrian-heavy area. So take that as you will.

• Tchuck, Mister Pink, Eutyphro and 3 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

Though my condolences, today i'm gonna visit a national museum and go back home thus going trough 2 airports.
I personally ain't worried at all, since i think technically more chance for an earthquake then becoming victim of terrorist attack.
Really, it is sad that we have this kind of events...it really is...but i rather be concerned of the general folks here speeding around in their small cars or the stone i grabbed with me as souvenir from mount Vesuvius to be considered a dangerous weapon.
  • KADENZA likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

This isn't a "trend" that is rising in Europe. This is the result of imperialism.

Spain definitely deserved this attack for the colonization of Venezuela in 1522.
  • Carbonox, Caysle, Gay Tony and 3 others like this

mr quick
  • mr quick

V緳 tid er forbi - Europa brenner!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

Spare the ahistorical nonsense, John Smith. People died. 

• Tchuck and otachi like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Spare the ahistorical nonsense

The irony.

People died.

Good to see you've acknowledged the problem.
  • Skeever and Khephera like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

Tensions have been very high in Barcelona, particularly with protests over rental accommodation for locals as a lot of people are renting out to tourists via Air B&B so it's hard. There's been anti-tourism sentiments lately. I'm really sorry to hear there's another attack to add to this. Been to Barcelona twice and had some friends there. It's a beautiful city. Any tragedy like this is terrible but it kind of hits home a little more when you've enjoyed strolling down Las Ramblas/the scene of the attack. 

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

Any tragedy like this is terrible but it kind of hits home a little more when you've enjoyed strolling down Las Ramblas/the scene of the attack. 

Which is exactly the type of innocent happiness resentful scum like them intend to destroy. They are really among the most degenerate type of creature that has walked on planet earth.

• Tchuck, Mister Pink and Caysle like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:45 AM Edited by Tchuck, 19 August 2017 - 02:45 AM.

This isn't a "trend" that is rising in Europe. This is the result of imperialism.

Spain definitely deserved this attack for the colonization of Venezuela in 1522.

Ironic how you get to lump all Muslims as evil, but western countries are all separate and individual, right? It's almost as if terrorists weren't trying to affect the west in general.

And nah, don't have to look that far back.

• KADENZA likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

Ironic how you get to lump all Muslims as evil

This was the point I stopped reading.
  • Caysle and Khephera like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

i'm so angry rn. i'm tired of terrorists attacking people all the time.
  • Tchuck likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

Ironic how you get to lump all Muslims as evil

This was the point I stopped reading.

I'm going to nip this in the bud and tell both of you to keep this out of the topic. Take it to PM or an appropriate D&D topic, I don't give a sh*t, but stop derailing these topics every f*cking time.

• The Deadite likes this

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Some wannabe jihadi told me that this was a response to what happened to Andalusian Muslims. (i know it's total bullsh*t)

Khephera
  • Khephera

The Neter against the Neteru

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

i'm so angry rn.

It's just a spook, don't mind, Mr. nihilist!

• Eutyphro and Gay Tony like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

i'm so angry rn.

It's just a spook, don't mind, Mr. nihilist!

shut up.
  • Fonz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users