Gta 3 police AI

9 replies to this topic
usernamesareoverrated
  • usernamesareoverrated

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Anyone else notice how when you go on the cargo ship with a 4 star wanted level in GTA 3, the cops walk off the dock instead of walking onto the ship, thus falling in the ocean and dying? The AI was really sh*tty back then, huh?

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, the AI was a little sh*tty back in 2001. Even on Vice City they still dumb, including pedestrians in both games. They improved both things in San Andreas, but not too much.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Drunken :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Richie Makyura, 4 weeks ago.

FBI & Army Laugh of this  :lol:

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Evil empire, 3 weeks ago.

I didn't even know but I'm not surprised. It reminds me a San Andreas video with cops suiciding by defenestration to reach CJ who's downwards. :lol:

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 3 weeks ago

yes, there are spots on the map where police doesn't spawn. One of these spots (ironically) is behind the police station in Portland. Your safehouse in Shoerside Vale (between the entrance and the garages) is also a good spot.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

yes, there are spots on the map where police doesn't spawn. One of these spots (ironically) is behind the police station in Portland. Your safehouse in Shoerside Vale (between the entrance and the garages) is also a good spot.

Without forgetting Azuka's condo and the airport.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I always thought the condo cold-spot was deliberate so you could ditch a boat and get a car without as much hassle, especially with a mission like A Drop In The Ocean.

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately,police AI in GTA 3 is stupid as hell but also clever in some reasons

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by stef_92, 3 weeks ago.

Unfortunately,police AI in GTA 3 is stupid as hell but also clever in some reasons

I think I understand what do you mean. If you are not in a cold spot it spawns in an instance exactly in front of you (or behind you) and it makes it difficult to escape.

When I was making footage for my "Destroying the Dodo" video something really funny happened.
Check this video at 1:58

You see how the police appeared immediately out of nowhere and they reached me even before the explosion animation finished... crazy

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think I understand what do you mean. If you are not in a cold spot it spawns in an instance exactly in front of you (or behind you) and it makes it difficult to escape.

When I was making footage for my "Destroying the Dodo" video something really funny happened.
Check this video at 1:58

You see how the police appeared immediately out of nowhere and they reached me even before the explosion animation finished... crazy

They are psychos ,stef :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users