Share your hobbies (besides gaming)

59 replies to this topic
JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

Uuuhh.....I like to eat and drink and sit down.
  • ChengizVlad09 likes this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:46 PM Edited by Mattodon, 23 August 2017 - 03:17 PM.

Where do I begin?

• sh*tposting
  • Skateboarding
  • Snowboarding
  • Writing
  • Art
  • Graphic Design and brand crafting/marketing theory
  • Video editing, machinima, sound "engineering"
  • Philosophy (see: sh*tposting)
  • Reading

EDIT: Just in case it reads like I'm tooting my own egotistic horn, let me assure you, I suck at all of these.

• sreyazsec likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Fast and Bulbous... also a Tin Teardrop™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:06 PM Edited by thehambone, 26 August 2017 - 02:15 PM.

Right now, I mostly work on programming projects as a hobby. I also play drums, bass, and guitar and record music when I'm not at school. I used to skateboard, probably still could, but I haven't in about 8 years. I've done video editing in the past too and have been paid to work on a few video editing projects. Sometimes I do computer repair (mostly software-related stuff) if someone asks for it, but I don't advertise my services.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Fan-Made Map 2017 [Capital City]
    2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

I don't do much but i consider mapmaking the only thing i'm able to do at the moment. I used to take LOOONG walks in hopes that something interesting would happen, but i got lazy and stopped doing that.
  • sreyazsec likes this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Kancut Sobek

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:45 AM

Music i guess listening and playing, i usually plays at the local club as a local band that do some covers mainly alternative songs like oasis pearl jam nirvana u2 etc and some slow pop songs like john mayer or ed sheeran some of the pics, i play the guitar btw :D

awMf9PK.jpg

• Tyler, Shaytan, sreyazsec and 1 other like this

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:48 AM Edited by Kippers, 31 August 2017 - 10:31 AM.

Studying Japanese. Definitely a long term commitment, but it's a lot of fun to figure out. 

• SeroH likes this

AlbanyEsperanto
  • AlbanyEsperanto

Esperanto the car, not Espantoso Radio from Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

Railfanning, modelling trains/cars in H0 1:87 scale, walking.

Some of my models of trains in 1:87 you can take a look here in our railfan topic:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069801642

• E•MO•TION likes this

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

Right now crossfit. Helps me release all my stress and helps lol

BöömBäpper
  • BöömBäpper

-

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

Graffiti

Making beats 

Dj/ scratching

collecting old school hip hop stuff like vinyls, cassettes, cd's, clothing, drum machines and all kind of stuff.

Randomly just exploring wildness and city with my dog.

• GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

A8ul99
  • A8ul99

2 Kool 4 Skool

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:26 PM Edited by A8ul99, 01 September 2017 - 06:27 PM.

Not much, though. But, here it is:
- Reading
- Cruising around the city
- Jogging
- Relaxing in a park

And more things that I can't think of this time.

sreyazsec
  • sreyazsec

Gangsta

• The Sreseau
  • None
  • wurst c3z all time
    Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Anyone else like making lists?

I have a notebook full of lists, it's really calming to just sit there and list things.

To do lists.

Films I've watched categorised by genre.

Books I've read (like the films, categorised by genre).

Comic book series I have read and/or need to collect.

Places I've been to/places I want to visit.

Birds I've seen in the flesh/birds I want to see.

Games I've played.

Dates I've done things, when I got to the shops, when I visit my Grandparents etc.

If I have a rough day, I'll just do something that allows me to add to one of my lists and I don't feel so rough anymore. I mean, it's a boring hobby but it's a hobby that keeps me feeling like my sh*t is in order. It's a kind of security blanket.

• Mattodon, The Deadite, Neon_Dreaming and 1 other like this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:48 PM Edited by Mattodon, 02 September 2017 - 07:50 PM.

Anyone else like making lists?
I have a notebook full of lists, it's really calming to just sit there and list things.

To do lists.
Films I've watched categorised by genre.
Books I've read (like the films, categorised by genre).
Comic book series I have read and/or need to collect.
Places I've been to/places I want to visit.
Birds I've seen in the flesh/birds I want to see.
Games I've played.
Dates I've done things, when I got to the shops, when I visit my Grandparents etc.

If I have a rough day, I'll just do something that allows me to add to one of my lists and I don't feel so rough anymore. I mean, it's a boring hobby but it's a hobby that keeps me feeling like my sh*t is in order. It's a kind of security blanket.

I don't keep that many lists, but I do have lists of books that pertain to different purposes, such as "books to keep sane by" or "books to read during the holiday season", etc... Also, a (evergrowing) list of items I want to buy/own for this or that reason.

Toghrul Rahimli
  • Toghrul Rahimli

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:18 PM

I love listening to metal (for hour(s), everyday). Also, i own a huge collection of very rare and self-remastered metal album arts.

• Shaytan and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

I'm into music, definitely. I like many rock music genres (classic, hard, prog, AOR and so on), especially from the 70's and 80's as well as classic heavy metal/NWOBHM (British bands like Diamond Head, Angel Witch and so on). I love Boston, Rush, Uriah heep, Rainbow and Grand Funk Railroad.

I also play the guitar (started 10 years ago) and in two bands, and I'm currently recording a full-lenght with one of these. I also mess around with the bass and drums, and I'd love to play a bit of piano/keyboards.

Apart from music, I like movies, especially sci-fi movies such as Escape from New York ( :D ), Outlands, Alien, The Fly and so on, plus post-apocalyptic/dystopian movies a la Mad Max, Soylent Green, They Live ecc. My favourite director is John Carpenter.

I also love wrestling (my all-time favourites are the Undertaker, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles) and skateboarding (Rodney Mullen G.O.A.T.).

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

Freelance Outlaw And A Great Dancer l

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

If I had a hobby other than gaming, it would have to be being a movie buff, especially bad movies....  Having the internet has made it easier to source them too.

This is me as well. I love watching movies during my spare time, mostly sci-fi, action comedy and westerns.

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Cars & Coffee

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:41 AM

Mountain & Dirtbiking...
hAZ8d66.jpg
Ujzx3e4.jpg
  • Tyler, RedDagger, Neon_Dreaming and 1 other like this

Murdick
  • Murdick

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

I don't have time for hobbies these days. Sniff. I barely have time for my favourite games. *river of tears*

Yelda
  • Yelda

Always on the run

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:43 AM Edited by Yelda, 08 February 2018 - 08:48 AM.

My hobby is horseback riding , which I always prefer to video gaming. Actually, I sit in the saddle every day.
I train western horses, go to tournaments and work for the equestrian association.

4.jpg

I also try to keep fit with workouts, but mostly I don´t have the time :/ In the evening I usually play video games ... mostly sh*t comes on TV. I also like to write and read, and i think i am a passable cook :D

• Audi and bantonson15 like this

• Sheriff
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Since my great iTunes crash of 2014, I've been taking the time to categorise all my music again. I didn't lose the music, but my iTunes failed to recognise any of it, likely due to a corrupted program file somewhere down the line. I had to remove everything and then add everything back again. This for some reason stripped my music of all tags and album artwork, an act which I found harrowing and satisfying all at once. I've spent time since then going through everything again, adding years released, genre and correct album artwork. If I found alternate artwork I liked better, like exclusive covers or the deluxe editions, I would use those. I've been tracking down other bonus tracks and label exclusive songs, as well as any B-sides that may not have been part of the release originally. It's a big job, and it's not something I can spend too long at a time doing but I've been enjoying going through it all again and re-discovering some albums I've forgotten along the way. Aside from this, I started listing every album I've listened to this year so far. I started on January 1st because I knew if I didn't, I couldn't bring myself to start it at all. That list can be found here and I think it'll be interesting to go back once it has finished and see what trends I can spot. It isn't very well formatted at the moment but I can look at all that when I have a complete list.

I do other stuff too but I'm pretty boring really. I spend most of my days off bouncing on your boy's third eye and looking at Google Earth.

• Tyler likes this

Begoo
  • Begoo

Rat

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Few months ago started learning front end web developing. I fell in love with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Still learning trought freecodecamp, youtube tutorials, w3school, and other sources i find. Later this year in 1st of Nov i'll begin online studying of 1 year ITAcademy, its a really cool course where you can learn programing, designing and other bussiness stuff, its gonna be cool to earn certificates. 

• Algonquin Assassin, Neon_Dreaming, GrudgefromSanAndreas and 1 other like this

MyNameHere
  • MyNameHere

My Member Title Here

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:18 AM Edited by spectre07, 11 February 2018 - 05:19 AM.

Photography, reading articles, daily news, watching daily temperature , watch random videos, climb and walk, collect scale cars, collect Heavy Metal CDs (first editions, japanese editions, shm-cd and remasters), 80s and 90s heavy metal music, drawing, writing and maybe one day I'm gonna try painting, cos I like try new things.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

Few months ago started learning front end web developing. I fell in love with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Still learning trought freecodecamp, youtube tutorials, w3school, and other sources i find. Later this year in 1st of Nov i'll begin online studying of 1 year ITAcademy, its a really cool course where you can learn programing, designing and other bussiness stuff, its gonna be cool to earn certificates. 

I don't have much experience with JavaScript, but I have used HTML and CSS to design a few web sites for my university studies. The good thing about it is it's so new user friendly. Once you understand the syntax and structure out the tags it's a breeze.

Good luck. It's a really cool area to study.:)

SeroH
  • SeroH

Want sum tape?

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:49 PM Edited by SeroH, 02 March 2018 - 11:50 PM.

My hobbies:

• Yoga
  • Meditation
  • Interior decoration
  • Listening chillout music
  • Cooking
  • Help poor people
  • Watch anime
  • Read mangas
  • Read interesting books
  • Watch fancy TV shows and movies
  • Gardening
  • Collect music CDs
  • Learn languages (currently learning spanish and japanese)
  • Learn about other countries culture
  • BlackScout, Audi, GrudgefromSanAndreas and 1 other like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I used to play airsoft. It's good fun but an expensive hobby. Nowadays I enjoy working out and reading, fantasy books mainly. I'm a fan of Brandon Sanderson, would definately recommend his books to anybody interested in fantasy.

Inttelix
  • Inttelix

is a

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I dont know if you can call these hobbies but here goes.

Sports car detailing, engine maintenance and fine tuning is something I do since I was small. My grandfather was a mechanic, a vehicle detailer and dealer, my uncle raced karts in the 1980s and my father I also note as a small influence on this even if he did not teach me nothing (if you wanna know learn it yourself is what he said). Motorcycle detailing and engine maintenance is a hobby I learned on my own and dont love as much as cars but still do.

Am a musician and play prolifically drums electric and acoustic guitar, bass, keyboards, harmonica, flute and sax. I play mostly funk/souI rock and progressive rock. And dedicate half my spare time to deal with producing.

Another hobby I have is building/restoration/maintenance of CPUs. I have a totally mad pentium dual-core customized to handle 8gb of ram and holds a GTX 1060 6gb in its PCIX slot. Modified it so that the cooling fan makes as little noise as it can. I have done community services back in the day nobody could afford one build them from junk CPUs and gave 23 CPUS to children so they could learn and access the internet. Now I just give maintenance and support for them since I work.

My work is another branch of my hobbies because I work with motherboards, assembly of facial recognition devices and maintenance. I love what I do because it is an extention of my knowledge for motherboards and CPUs. I work with any kind of electronics, especially vintage ones. Brings me a smile to see an old videocassette working once again, or a radio coming back to life. In and out I give maintenance for air-conditioners.

• BlackScout likes this

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Um

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Riding street bikes.

Riding dirt bikes and quads and wheeling my jeep.

Boating at the river.

Surfing.

Skiing.

Kart racing.

Shooting (target and pest control, lol)

Pool, darts and foosball.

Machining/making/CAD-CAM.

Video games.

Bonfires in the back yard.

robotman5
  • robotman5

PC/XB1 Gamer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Does going for 1 hour walks every day count as a hobby?

VenomDYOM
  • VenomDYOM

Crackhead

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ukraine

Posted 2 weeks ago

I like running a lot, especially when it's sunny and listening to music while running. 

I also like going out in rain. I love rain and lighting, it's so relaxing for me. I sometimes even go walk around. This happens very often.

Also, I like coding on the computer with some Visual Basic Studio with Notepad. I do that almost always. Then I make something in .bat and it works.

I also like video games (since except gaming here).

Music is also very good for me, I listen it almost everyday because I like NCS (No Copyright Sounds) and 90s classic, some of the new ones like Waterflame's Final Battle.

Noale
  • Noale

Got baguettes?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Studying Japanese. Definitely a long term commitment, but it's a lot of fun to figure out. 

Are you taking classes? Learning online? Something else?

I'm trying to learn Chinese, but so far I'm not sure Duolingo is going to cut it.  :lol:

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

1. Modding. All simple stuff like replacing textures, modifying certain aspects through game editing software's that are available for free to enhance the experience further 2. Making videos, editing them with cool effects and fancy stuff. 3. Taking photos, not selfies, but interesting areas surrounding the places that I visit during my working hours. It is a good option to release stress. 4. Enjoy my time in cooking some of my favorite food.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users