Photo

Share your hobbies (besides gaming)

42 replies to this topic
Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:06 PM Edited by Shaytan, 17 August 2017 - 12:08 PM.

This forums is mainly focused on gaming, so it's most likely you have or already had interest in videogames. So, besides it, what activities do you like to do on your spare time? Feel free to share photos and videos of your activities and even ask and share new ideas of hobbies.

Starting with me, I like to learn and play the guitar, mainly heavy metal and classic rock. I don't spend that much time reading for my own entertainment since I already have plenty of literature I have to read due to college, but I enjoy philosophy books and also science-fiction and policial books. I really like anime and so far my favourite series are Death Parade and Ao No Exorcist (only the first season, though). Finally, I always had a thing for collecting scale car models and I have a rather impressive collection of Hot Wheels and such.

When I have some time to spare I'll take some pics of said collection and record some of my guitar covers to complement my list.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Audi, ryannata and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

I have a rather large collection of scale model cars. I've been collecting them for years as well as Hot Wheels.

My most expensive ones are around the $600 price range due to their rarity. I don't buy them as much as I used to because quite frankly I don't have much room now.:p

But that's my biggest hobby outside of video games.:)
  • Mister Pink, Audi and AlbanyEsperanto like this

B_Smiles
  • B_Smiles

now outta therapy and ready to date your sister!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:00 PM Edited by B_Smiles, 17 August 2017 - 01:03 PM.

Outside of gaming? Damn, that's hard. Er, i've got a mediocre collection of scale model cars (like 5 or 6) but my biggest hobby is collecting soundtracks from films and tv. acquired over 200 since 2014 (stands at 228) also love that trippy music jean michel jarre does :p

I draw from time to time but havent done anything for a while. Mainly backgrounds but meh.
Edit: will update with a couple images
  • Algonquin Assassin and Audi like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Reading I guess, fantasy is probably my favourite genre, recently renewed my library membership so i'm reading more now.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Audi and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Audi
  • Audi

Šntrax

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:52 PM Edited by Audi, 17 August 2017 - 01:54 PM.

Working on and racing cars (this has taken a backseat in my life recently no pun intended lol), fitness and working out, shooting, golf and fishing (I guess being outdoors in general).

I want to get back into horseback riding though.
  • V4S and Shaytan like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

Not really the biggest gamer actually. It's only GTA and a couple of other racing games that take my interest. Which leads me on to my actual interests:

• Cars, obviously - It's not about status or wealth and not just about how they look. I do like studying the aesthetics of vehicles in general but I also like driving, how a car works, etc. Just almost everything about cars. Not quite the biggest guy on working on cars but otherwise, yeah.
  • Photography - Something about capturing the moment and something as I see it. It's great and so is learning and progressing through photography and studying equipment.
  • Travel - It could be as simple as going out to some town thirty minutes away or across the country. I like everything about traveling, mostly by car of course.
  • Outdoors - I can't stand being stuck in the house for more than one day. Want to make me lose my sanity? Keep me indoors for a whole week. I just can't see how people can do it. I like being outdoors even if it's for mundane things like walking, going to classes, etc.
  • Writing - I may not be the best at it but it is fun.
  • Collecting - I have (yet another car thing) a collection of 1:18 diecasts, but I could see myself collecting other non-car things in the future as well.
  • I guess reading - Never something I considered a hobby until I realized just how much I actually read. Which is a lot.
  • Drawing - Kind of a dead hobby for me. I liked doing it and believe it or not was good at it. I just don't have the initiative to start again.
  • Studying architecture/flora - I can spend a quite a lot of time looking at Google Maps/Street View or Zillow looking at properties and structures. I also do really like plants and geography stuff of the sort.

There's actually more but I don't want to list them all. These all somewhat tie into each in some sort of way. I can see how cars, outdoors, travel, architecture and photography would relate to each other.

• Mister Pink, ten-a-penny, The7thOne and 3 others like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

I like watching movies and TV shows,and riding my motorcycle.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Football (Soccer). I like to watch games both on TV and on the stadium (I have my season pass).

I also like to collect shirts and scarfs, My goal is to get a shirt from every national in the world. From big teams like Germany, Brazil... to small teams like Andorra, San Marino...

I also collect scarfs but this is just something recent i started doing. Cars. Yeah i am a car enthusiast what else can i say. Traveling, and going to the gym.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:38 PM Edited by Darth Absentis, 17 August 2017 - 05:52 PM.

Walking.

Really...though i took the bus when going back down i f*cking did it !

Not only did i visit the crater of the legendary Vesuvius, i walked up to it starting a few meters away from the beach ofportici- Ercolano after already walking around for several houres at the Herculeum sit, but i went all the way up there on foot.

Honestly it kinda started as a misconception because i could not find busses driving to that place and i saw on a few places on the internet that today the Vesuvius would be closed/might be closed today, so for the first miles i just was pissed at that and pretty much intended and expected to overcome a fence or maybe even bribe people among things, but after a while i noticed busses driving.

But then i was already so far that i decided to simply walk the rest regardless.

Man...i feel quite sh*t physical...but mentally...hell no !

Edit: besides that i collect coins.

And i like going on millitia/antique expo's and expo's of (exotic)cars, even though i pretty much know not that much of cars...i just like such things :)

I once collected post stamps to, but no longer.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Suroustid
  • Suroustid

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

I like to drink coffee..

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:57 PM Edited by 2281, 17 August 2017 - 07:01 PM.

I started collecting scale model trains a few months ago, though I'll never have the resources to build a layout for them lol

I also enjoy travelling, though "travelling" tends to be limited to day trips to Toronto and such. I had the opportunity to travel across Canada by train this summer, and I'm currently planning a similar trip on Amtrak for next summer. There will be plenty of hiking as well.
  • V4S, universetwisters, The7thOne and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

I like to collect stuff, CDs, movies, posters, band shirts, comics, and so on.
  • V4S, Mister Pink and confederatestatesgta like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, THE LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:45 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 17 August 2017 - 11:47 PM.

I kept these old school hip hop tapes my brother gave me years ago and ever since then i've been collecting a few when i visit this antique shop at my local mall.

Also like Keeping my hydraulics on set on my 53. Can't handle seeing one bit of rust on them the same with my trucks paint job, the same with my rims.That Armor All does it's job damn well :pp
  • Audi and Simply_Wasted like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

If I had a hobby other than gaming, it would have to be being a movie buff, especially bad movies....  Having the internet has made it easier to source them too.

• universetwisters likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

Well i have a punching bag... it's fun i guess

I also enjoy drawing 

Rejeckted
  • Rejeckted

Blolla 9HA

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

Besides gaming I like to play sports, reading, content creation, exploring through travelling, experimenting.

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

YOU CHUBBY MUTHAF*CKA!!! -Ryder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:49 AM

I like traveling when i have the time. Never really have the time though since i'm always working long ass shifts. But when i do i go long vacations with my gf and a couple of friends to get away from stress at work.

Other than traveling i also have a hobby working on muscle cars with an old friend from high school. We love the old school type of muscle cars raging from the early 70-80's.

Also like Keeping my hydraulics on set on my 53. Can't handle seeing one bit of rust on them the same with my trucks paint job, the same with my rims.That Armor All does it's job damn well :pp

Sounds pretty neat :D My father used to own a 53 chevy truck before he sold it to some guy a long ass time ago. Though it wasn't a lowrider bomb just a regular old truck. My friend definitely had a passion for lowriders until he moved on to muscle cars.
  • Mister Pink and GTA_The_Series like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

Model trains & animating.

• Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin and AlbanyEsperanto like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

i love reading and collecting comics. i love the walking dead comics. i like to travel. i sometimes ride my bike. i like manga. i sometimes draw and paint. but i have not done that in a while. im also a history buff. and i also like to teach people about autism since so many people in this world are uneducated about it.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

Model trains & animating.

It makes sense. You're a Sheldon (The Big Bang Theory) and Gordy (Freddy Got Fingered) amalgamation.:p

• universetwisters likes this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

BENEFITS CRISPY FLAPS

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:12 AM Edited by ceszayers, 18 August 2017 - 11:31 AM.

Mm.

Drawing sh*tty patterns, rorschach kind of patterns - just mirrored squiggles really. Taking too many selfies and spending a good portion of time selecting the decent ones/touching them up, knitting and pissing about with fabrics/metals and sh*te.

Making really bad edits and animations - shout out to the T H O T S.

Films, fiddling with things to make them look nice. Every day is spent doing all of those things. Nice little routine I've got.

Above all, scouring GTAF and judging everyone.

Often and hard.

• V4S, Mister Pink, RedDagger and 2 others like this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

Passionate about cycling (which I do as often as I can), love my running and I try my luck at swimming every now and again. Strangely enough I've never attempted to combine the 3 for triathlons or such. Too late now I think. Would absolutely love to get involved in mud runs or other obstacle races or trial runs like the Impi challenge though.

I just love staying active in my free time and the outdoors in general. Other than that no real hobbies.

Have started building a wooden model ship a couple of years ago though for the hell of it which is (or was) pretty fun and helps me relax, but damn it's difficult working on all the little details and it's taking much longer than I expected. Haven't touched it in almost a year now and it's just sitting there collecting dust at the moment. Completely stalled, but will hopefully manage to finish it in the next few years haha. I would say I'm about halfway, but I get pretty lazy and impatient when it comes to stuff like that.
  • Mister Pink likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

Procrastinating.

• Shaytan likes this

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Skateboarding has always been the most prominent hobby in my life from age 13 onwards, stopped a couple of times but always came back to it and started taking it more seriously the last few years. Started off just playing THPS and f*cking about with a sh*tty Argos board and now it's probably the best way to let off some steam and enjoy myself. Really irks me when people dismiss it as a childish thing but they're the same people who vehemently follow football. imo it's probably one of the hardest hobbies to have in that general area but definitely the most rewarding. Graffiti was also pretty prominent from 13-18 or so, not something I'd explicitly recommend as it'll put you in some f*cked situations but you definitely get to see places/views people don't normally see and it's funny to go past something you did years ago and have no recollection - trainspotting is also something that comes along with that.

Lately aside from skating I've been doing a fair amount of cycling, usually try and get 20 miles round trip in the morning on weekdays and 30ish in the morning on weekends. Most I've done in a day was 50 up to the border of Northumberland National Park, camped out and then cycled back the next day which was brutal. Woodworking/joinery is something I've also picked up, I'm not building boats in the basement like Gibbs or whittling LOTR chess pieces but I knocked up some decking the other week for the garden which came out pretty good and I plan on knocking up a shed outside for my bike/storage.

• Mister Pink and Audi like this

Begoo
  • Begoo

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

Gym, Traveling, taking photos of environment (i like photographies and would like to be photographer as a side hobby), riding bike sometimes (need to fix my brakes), swimming, recording videos, reading and watching videos or simmilar about interesting stuff like science, history and creepy stuff, right know i have new hobby like programing, im slowly learning C++ and other stuff from Android/iOS application "LearnSolo" and will soon study online Java Developing.
  • V4S and Mister Pink like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

I enjoy photography, filmmaking and music production. They're my three golden hobbies. When I get bored of one I'll go to another. 

• V4S, Algonquin Assassin, universetwisters and 2 others like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

Currently if I'm not gaming, working, sleeping or spending time with my partner or nephew I'm doing one of the following:

• Learning Esperanto
  • Cleaning / repairing / repainting damaged or well-worn die-cast cars (for the collectors among you - as i've seen a few in the thread - I never do anything to originals in mint or good condition)
  • Collecting pre-crash 1970s-80s games for Atari / Colecovision / Intellivision (and a couple of Magnavox games here and there)
  • Papercraft
  • 3D Modelling/texturing
  • GTAForums lurking / Wiki-reading until the early hours

This is probably why I'm not up to date on Rick and Morty and Game of Thrones

• Mister Pink likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:33 PM Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas, 19 August 2017 - 12:34 PM.

• Pretty much surfing on ebay, amazon and other shopping sites
  • Collecting things i don't need so i can sell them on ebay & amazon one day
  • Relatively huge interest in Linux, when i feel like working but have no chores, then sometimes i download some distros and try installing them in my 2005 desktop computer. Only one installed successfully, Xubuntu 32-bit. I didn't switch to Linux completely tho, i still use Windows 10 & XP
  • Writing English and sometimes German in Cyrillic
  • Recording German dubs, but rarely, as i have poor equipment

Cinnamon Toast Crunch
  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch

When you return from the dead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

Despite not being the best photographer out there, I do personally love taking pictures. 

The Golden Temple in Kyoto, Japan. 

21040673_1764806240214941_1602591364_n.j

Mt. Fuji from above 

21013503_1764806226881609_893134154_n.jp

Downtown Vancouver, Canada 

21074175_1764806223548276_576019148_n.jp

Cool looking flower I found 

21039634_1764806236881608_895812482_n.jp

• Audi and Neon_Dreaming like this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

but now you're buried rest nigga cuz i ain't worried

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

When I go outside I like to enter any random place and start chatting with people (I'm not actually that talkative and I'm pretty shy) but sometimes I can spit something out. I got a friend who does that 24-7 and he's pretty known by everybody in town.

It must be amazing, to have friends/knowns everywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users