Lets talk muscle.

43 replies to this topic
jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

I'm setting a new goal for myself. I want to steal a muscle car off the street, upgrade it, and actually be competitive in races.
Currently I use the DOD in the muscle class, but this makes me feel like a scrub. I've also got a Slamvan Custom, but that's more of a long term project vehicle.
So, what should I look for, and what should I avoid? Performance is top priority but customization options are important too. I want to look good when I lose the lead halfway thru the race and eat a wall.

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:54 PM Edited by nido997, 14 August 2017 - 05:59 PM.

Ruiner ... enough said ... it s one of the fastest car that you can steal off the street (it s the fastest car in the game that you cannot buy) .... plus the customisation options are actually very nice ...

or you can steal the Dominator , it s faster is some racing situations , has a higher top speed than the ruiner , but the ruiner has a better grip around the corners....

• dead goon likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Ruiner ... enough said ... it s one of the fastest car that you can steal off the street , period .... plus the customisation options are actually very nice ...
or you can steal the Dominator , it s faster is some racing situations ....

I actually really like the Ruiner. I've never raced with one, but if I'm just screwing around it's one of my favorites to steal, joyride, and leave for dead in the river.

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Ruiner ... enough said ... it s one of the fastest car that you can steal off the street , period .... plus the customisation options are actually very nice ...
or you can steal the Dominator , it s faster is some racing situations ....

I actually really like the Ruiner. I've never raced with one, but if I'm just screwing around it's one of my favorites to steal, joyride, and leave for dead in the river.

it´s my to-go car for the Duell stunt race , because it has an insane traction for a muscle car ....

ripsta
  • ripsta

a random Malinois

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

the blade, handles too good that dosent feels like a muscle car. But it is very competitive in races

otherwise, the blackfin, looks awesome, drives cool and fun, competitive in races too
  • dead goon and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:24 PM Edited by 79'Blazer4x4, 14 August 2017 - 06:26 PM.

Depending on how far you want to go with the upgrades, grab a Sabre Turbo, turn it to a Sabre Turbo Custom at Benny's, fully upgrade the performance and you have one of the best, if not the best car in the muscle class for racing. That said, it's quite costly at $490k to convert, but you also get tons of customization and can very much still keep it with a muscle car look instead of a lowrider look.

• Touge Spirit Leader and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

the blade, handles too good that dosent feels like a muscle car. But it is very competitive in races

otherwise, the blackfin, looks awesome, drives cool and fun, competitive in races too

I can't get past how the Blade looks. I just don't like it. It reminds me of a '65 Malibu with front springs stuck in it out of a pickup.
  • Coninefan likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:59 PM Edited by Forza Harrd, 14 August 2017 - 06:59 PM.

You can't steal those off the street though.

I would choose Dominator just because it is fast and I really like the look and sound. Ruiner might might be a more sensible choice?

• jwdrinkwaterjr likes this

Picklez
  • Picklez

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

As has already been said, the Ruiner and Dominator are great picks for stealing. Two of the best muscle cars for racing that you can steal off the street. 

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Is it just me, or does the Buccaneer seem really slow? Not like Rat Loader slow, but nowhere near as fast as a Dukes or Sabre Turbo. Too bad because I love the look of it.
  • dead goon likes this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

Dont forget about the Vigero. I know, may not have quite the speed of the ruiner, but it's still pretty fast for a street car that you can steal and upgrade, and honestly it takes corners and curves really well if you have a handle on it. I still have mine since the beginning, and it's still one of the funnest cars to take out from time to time.

• Forza Harrd, Coninefan, Goingcrowd9 and 3 others like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Trick

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

Dominator was my first car.

God, I was so glad to sell it.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:17 PM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 14 August 2017 - 09:18 PM.

The Dominator. You can either steal it off the street or buy it on southern san andreas super autos for 35,000.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:50 PM Edited by HamwithCheese, 14 August 2017 - 09:51 PM.

Dominator, Ruiner, Gauntlet and I think the Sabre are pretty competitive. Most gta folk don't really know how to race so id say you have a lot of options.

Totally unrelated, but is the Blackfin actually competitive? I always felt like it was slow until it reaches top end speeds.
  • Arrows to Athens and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Dominator, Ruiner, Gauntlet and I think the Sabre are pretty competitive. Most gta folk don't really know how to race so id say you have a lot of options.

Totally unrelated, but is the Blackfin actually competitive? I always felt like it was slow until it reaches top end speeds.

The Blackfin is pretty competitive. In terms of top speed, it's nowhere near as fast as the top Muscle cars, but it's still up there.

ryannata
  • ryannata

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:10 AM

Dominator or the gauntlet that's the best to use in races IMO

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:33 AM

I own majority of the top-tier muscle cars and the blackfin is always my go-to. It's extremely fast, not so much top speed but in the stunt tracks you don't ever really hit top speed so the acceleration and handling makes up for that. I feel like I'm driving a sports car in that thing

wangsparkinglot
  • wangsparkinglot

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

Ruiner is the go unless you are a very very good driver then the dominator is your choice

• Arrows to Athens, Mach1bud, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

How does the mamba and blackfin compare?

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

Dominator or Ruiner for cars off the street, by far. Either will serve you well in the Rockstar created Stunt Races or normal races. Would go with the Dominator if you feel you can handle it, it does indeed yield better times on most Rockstar created tracks. 

That being said, you will still get out run by people using the Dominator Race Car and Sabre Turbo Custom, unless you are very experienced with racing. 

The Mamba is in the Sports Classics class. It is not recommended for racing, too much power in a small car. Lots of wheelspin and hard to control. The Blackfin is a very good car for racing, just not quite as good as some others. Lowish top speed but everything else is ok. 

• Arrows to Athens, Touge Spirit Leader, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

The Mamba is in the Sports Classics class. It is not recommended for racing, too much power in a small car. Lots of wheelspin and hard to control. The Blackfin is a very good car for racing, just not quite as good as some others. Lowish top speed but everything else is ok. 

I'm not even worried about racing really, I never do any races... I'm more curious about jobs and freemode. I have a lot of different classes of cars, and I usually like to keep them all in rotation so hardly any of them just sit and never see the outside. Im always keeping my eyes open for new rides that have been out for a while, and was wondering which was a better choice for typical use.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:39 AM Edited by Mach1bud, 15 August 2017 - 01:40 AM.

I'm not even worried about racing really, I never do any races... I'm more curious about jobs and freemode. I have a lot of different classes of cars, and I usually like to keep them all in rotation so hardly any of them just sit and never see the outside. Im always keeping my eyes open for new rides that have been out for a while, and was wondering which was a better choice for typical use.

Ah, this topic is about racing. 

Same still applies though, the Mamba is not a good car for jobs or freemode. The Blackfin is a better choice, the handling is much better. 

Edit: I only use vintage and muscle cars in the game, so I have indeed used both of them in jobs and freemode. Just saying the Blackfin is probably the better of the two. 

• Mr.Smith187, Touge Spirit Leader, ryannata and 1 other like this

mort1
  • mort1

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:09 AM

Personally, i would advice just go for the Dominator racecar, even though that kinda ruins what you are aiming at.

I absolutely love that car.

Picklez
  • Picklez

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

The Gauntlet hasn't been competitive ever since the "spoilers add traction" update came out years ago. 

I own majority of the top-tier muscle cars and the blackfin is always my go-to. It's extremely fast, not so much top speed but in the stunt tracks you don't ever really hit top speed so the acceleration and handling makes up for that. I feel like I'm driving a sports car in that thing

To be fair Trench 2 is a pretty top speed heavy track since it's mostly straights with a few not very challenging turns. Great for the Dominator and fantastic for it's racecar counterpart. The Ruiner does really great on Duel though and I'd imagine the Blackfin does too even though I don't really pick it for that track (too comfortable with the Ruiner there lol).

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

Will say that the Dominator is VERY tail happy. It doesnt take much to spin out. If you wanna fly under the radar and win some races, the Ruiner ain't too bad.

ryannata
  • ryannata

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:32 AM

The Gauntlet hasn't been competitive ever since the "spoilers add traction" update came out years ago

Yeah i know but i just keep using it for fun that's why added in my opinion :D

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

The Gauntlet hasn't been competitive ever since the "spoilers add traction" update came out years ago. 

To be fair Trench 2 is a pretty top speed heavy track since it's mostly straights with a few not very challenging turns. Great for the Dominator and fantastic for it's racecar counterpart. The Ruiner does really great on Duel though and I'd imagine the Blackfin does too even though I don't really pick it for that track (too comfortable with the Ruiner there lol).
No, not really. I always use the Blackfin in Trench 2 because I can always leave the rest miles behind

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

I'd advocate the Blade too as a personal favorite because of it's handling and price, but in revisiting the original post there's one criteria the Blade, Mamba, and Blackfin discussed here all don't meet:

I'm setting a new goal for myself. I want to steal a muscle car off the street, upgrade it, and actually be competitive in races.

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

Off the street the dominator and ruiner are the best, may as well get both for different tracks. U may as well just "buy" the pisswasser though over the street dominator. It's a little better and it's free, so close enough to stolen.

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:29 PM Edited by JRebbert512, 15 August 2017 - 03:30 PM.

I thought the Sabre Turbo, with lowrider customization, was supposed to be very good for racing. But nobody's mentioned it so far. It can be a bit tricky to handle, but no more so than the Dominator. My personal best time in Duel was with a Sabre Turbo lowrider, and I've tried the Blade, Dukes, and BlackFin. Never tried a Ruiner, though.

And it's a car you can steal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users