Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did you think the friendship system was good or bad?

41 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

It's also a good way to further increase the like stat by doing multiple activities.
  • Tycek likes this

X-Vector
  • X-Vector

Knight Who Says Nay

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:19 AM

Dates should have been player iniated rather than the reverse (with the occasional disgruntled call or text message if you really neglected your friends for a long period), there should have been an option for multiple activities during the same trip

You could actually complete three different activities while on one date.If you want to start another one just simply drive to another activity location. I was doing that many times, first hitting bowling alley with Roman, then getting something to eat and ending in the bar.

I know about that workaround, but that just makes me wonder even more why Rockstar went for the "take me home after the first activity" route in the first place.

All the problems mentioned in this thread are so incredibly obvious that they must have come up during the testing phase, so why weren't they dealt with before release?

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Just commented about this a bit in another thread...

I do really like this feature in IV. I love the variety of activities you can do with your friends and girlfriends. I love the conversations (and Alex's blog!) as they provide insight into all the characters. I love the perks you get for them liking you enough.

I like that your friends call you and instigate a friend activity. The bit that downgrades it for me is that this aspect of it can be overbearing and annoying at times. You no sooner get a call from Roman and go bowling with him and you have Little Jacob calling about going to get something to eat or Brucie wanting to take the chopper out for a spin. I feel like I spend too long sometimes having to keep my friends and girlfriends happy rather than enjoying the next mission. I sse someone has said this became rarer in EFLC but I would have liked to have seen them patch it into the main game so it was rarer.

I'm disappointed that a lot of this was removed altogether from V.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Colonel _Cortez
  • Colonel _Cortez

Crackhead

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

I really loved it, too.

It felt actually good hanging around with your friends and improving your relations.

I actually felt bad when i rejected a date or invitation of one Nicos friend lol

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Awesom-0, 4 weeks ago.

I used to hate it as i got annoyed by friends constantly calling me, but it's nowhere near as annoying as it is in GTA:O.

I liked to play with friends as the minigames were pretty fun and it made the game world feel more alive. You also got cool rewards for hanging out with them too. I really liked Dwayne's back up, Brucies helicopter ride, and Packie's car bomb.

It sucks that they removed it in GTA:V. Theres no point in hanging out with firends in GTA:V as the minigames suck and you get no rewards for doing so.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ it would have been better if every activity is unlocked for all characters at least. With Amanda for example, you can only drink and play tennis, or with Jimmy (as T or M) you can either go to the cinema or also play tennis. Those restrictions that dont make sense are baffling.

On topic: of course it was good, even though it would have been better if the calling rate was decreased a bit, but that is still not a problem since I use sleep mode when I dont want to be bothered, and it just works.

One thing I didnt like much is how with some GFs you cant ride around town for too long before they get annoyed and tell you they are getting 'bored'. Thankfully thats not a problem with based Kiki (therefore, the best GF IMO for that very reason (among a few others)).

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

The novelty wore off pretty quickly in my opinion. Pick them up -> drive to activity -> pretend you're enjoying yourself -> drop them off again. After a while you've seen pretty much every stand up comedian/cabaret performance, you know how to get a strike in bowling and every dart you throw is a triple 20. I couldn't be bothered with it after unlocking all the perks. The idea was nice, but the execution could've been better.

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I really liked the conversations between the characters. Specially when you do dates between story missions, you get to hear some unique dialogue most players will never know it exists. I agree that the activities themselves get old really quickly. On PC is so mad easy to win at darts, to the point it gets boring after a while. Dunno how the mechanic works with a gamepad on consoles. The only minigame I truly enjoyed was air hockey, and that was only in EFLC. :(

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 weeks ago

I liked them in IV and the things people complained about were fixed in EFLC. Though IV's system with every overblown negatives is still much better than GTAO.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 4 weeks ago.

They needed more conversations but I liked it. This gave us a chance to hangout with characters outside of the story that couldn't be done before in the earlier games.

Nordicdusk
  • Nordicdusk

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I loved the friendship system just one more thing that immersed me so much into the world sadly it always seems to be peoples criticism of the game.

DaddyDirection
  • DaddyDirection

Sic Parvis Magna

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I like it. I actually missed it in GTA V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users