Musicians who aged greatly/poorly

6 replies to this topic
Videogames888
  • Videogames888

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:20 AM

What are some artists you feel that time has been nice/dreadful to after all these years of performing?

Ringo Starr definetly comes to mind for the former. One could certainly confuse him for a 50 year old and he somehow manages to look even younger than his son who is in his 40's last time I checked. Elton John also deserves an honorable mention.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, Robert Plant doesn't seem to look as youthful as he used to. The wrinkles have seemed to pretty much taken over his face at this point.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

For someone that's aged greatly, Roger Waters comes to mind - he's a lot less horse and a lot more handsome these days.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

N R G

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

Lynda Carter aged extremely well, she's still gorgeous at 66.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

I feel like Keith Richards could do all the drugs in the world and still be alive and kicking.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:17 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 15 August 2017 - 01:17 PM.

I think Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode looks quite well, even Martin Gore. He's 54 I think (Dave in the picture).

Spoiler

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

Under the aged poorly category:  Travis Meeks, Days of the New

Meth is a helluva drug and unfortunately Meeks can attest to that.  I am surprised he is still living.  I imagine he's probably toothless and still in prison.  It's a shame, he was definitely worthy of being called a Maestro, check out his music on youtube if you're interested.

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:45 PM

Robert Pollard of Guided By Voices is my pick. He's pushing 60 and his output is tireless. He's written and recorded thousands of songs over his nearly 30 year long career as a frontman, be it with GBV, as a solo musician or as part of one of the many other bands he's involved with. He drinks and smokes like it's going out of fashion but his energy on stage rivals that of a toddler.

XUHkV7Q.jpg

Just try that. I had a go recently and one of my testicles nearly detached and flew across the room.
  • Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users