Quantcast

» «
Photo

Adult Humor

50 replies to this topic

Poll: Adult Humor (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Adult Humor

1. Keep the jokes (69 votes [48.94%])

Percentage of vote: 48.94%

2. Keep the jokes, but tone it down (62 votes [43.97%])

Percentage of vote: 43.97%

3. Remove the jokes (10 votes [7.09%])

Percentage of vote: 7.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:34 AM

I want GTA IV quality writing again period. 

• SchizNitz, Gokuzbu, MrPeteyMax and 2 others like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:48 PM Edited by jaljax, 04 September 2017 - 09:49 PM.

The adult humor was hilarious at the beginning , but now it's just down right boring because it always come's back to being joke's reused from their previous game's to their next game & this doesn't just include their well known series Gta , but their other well known titles as well. 

That's just my opinion.

• Maibatsu545 likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

The adult humor was hilarious at the beginning , but now it's just down right boring because it always come's back to being joke's reused from their previous game's to their next game & this doesn't just include their well known series Gta , but their other well known titles as well. 

That's just my opinion.

This is actually true, GTA IV and GTA V are guilty of re-using some jokes for pedestrian dialogue. 

• Maibatsu545 and jaljax like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

Keep the jokes, but go back to being subtle and clever about it. I think in GTA V they were scared people would miss them, hence it was filled with juvenile 12-year-old humor that was shoved in your face.

• Lioshenka, SchizNitz, Maibatsu545 and 1 other like this

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

• Lioshenka likes this

DaddyDirection
  • DaddyDirection

Sic Parvis Magna

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

They should tone it down. GTA V had really just blah writing because they wanted to amp everything up. The game practically became a parody of itself. Not just because of sex jokes though, just the writing in general needs to be toned down. I never want to see a character like Trevor in a GTA game ever again. 

• Maibatsu545, eCola and ViceOfLiberty like this

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:32 AM Edited by highspeed, 15 October 2017 - 10:33 AM.

I think it's all about context.

A lot of people include Trevor in this example, so I will too. My father has the same sense of humor as Trevor, disgusting, out there and generally f*cked up. But when you have grown up with that, you don't have much of a shock value since everything you can think of being said, has been said. Thousand times over, with multiple expletives. Personally, Trevor and Michael (combined too) their sense of humor was a nice balance, I feel. The gang, black talk sh*t has been done to death.

GTA in my opinion, has always shocked people. For various reasons, like the sex, language and violence, etc. Trevor's sense of humor shocked the f*ck even out of ME, and that's what made it funny (to me). If GTA ever becomes a clean, pat the pussy, yes-sir-no-sir PG rated ass fest, I'm out.

Yes, we don't need another Trevor. But keep the crude, inventive only-GTA-can-do-it jokes coming my way, yes!

• Algonquin Assassin and eCola like this

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, history, politics, and firearms lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Keep them! I love them! If Family Guy, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Beavis and Butthead, Happy Tree Friends, Bob's Burgers, and Regular Show can all keep adult humor then so should GTA games! :)

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

They should have removed them the moment they wanted to start telling serious stories. That sh*t isn't funny when 12 year old kids do it in school, and it's even less so when grown men think it's the height of wit to just scrawl a few dicks everywhere and giggle to themselves at how clever it all is.

• Maibatsu545 and Yinepi like this

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:04 PM Edited by Markhosdangerous, 26 November 2017 - 10:14 PM.

In my experience, I really enjoyed more the drama and serious tone in GTA IV, and for a moment GTA V had an evolution on that including narrative elements such as flashbacks and location changes as in Prologue and Bury the Hatchet. Missions that I really enjoyed and makes me feel more connected to the characters and their lives

In my opinion the storyline of GTA VI has a great oportunity to have a mature jump being more dramatic as GTA IV was (one of the reasons that still makes me consider Niko bellic my favorite character by far in the entire GTA saga). Including a more serious-linear tone within missions (obviously just in missions not compromising free roam) and leave the joky element on a more subtle and elegant way

On the other hand Strangers and freaks and GTA ONLINE missions can get a more over the top and joky tone than the storyline (insert number 69 and more sex jokes here). I think both worlds can fit in a way that R* surely can do perfectly

Just an annotation, a more linear and serious storyline doesn't mean that missions has to be so repetitive as GTA IV was, thing that yes hesitated me a bit, could be long missions and original as GTA V had. One thing doesn't have to compromise the other

• Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz, Maibatsu545 and 1 other like this

Nico
  • Nico

Meet the new boss

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

I just want clever humor. Sexual or not, but clever. Enough of the sh*tty 69 jokes and falic figures everywhere. That's not "adult" humor. That's closer to what the kids do in class when they're bored.
  • Lioshenka, Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and 2 others like this

N-F-C
  • N-F-C

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Keep the jokes, but make them subtle and clever. I cringed when Trevor dropped his pants in front of Floyd to see his bare ass/balls and Jimmy tea bagging the Merryweather mercenary.

This

I want GTA IV quality writing again period. 

Same , i so wanted GTA IV being the next standard for R* but nope they have to appease the " f*ck people , f*ck sh*t up , f*ck hooker , and take the money yeah !" fanbase 

• Lioshenka, Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and 2 others like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

The humor in GTA V felt way too forced and in-your-face. It was attempting satire, but it was not very good at it. Some of the billboards, commercials and TV shows felt like they were trying too hard be funny and just weren't. Either stop trying to be comedians and just tone down the humor (but still keep the jokes), or hire actual comedy writers to do this stuff and not just Lazlow and other random staff.

• Lioshenka, anthony, thehambone and 1 other like this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

You have to love yourself a fire.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

This is a video I've recently come across that I find very interesting. Among other things, it basically breaks down how R* have created this beautiful, breathtaking, seemingly realistic world, but the illusion begins to come apart when you realize there's nothing but lame sex jokes scattered around, that only a preteen would find funny.

I think R* should get someone else to write the satire bits in GTA. I never thought much of it, but I think I'd prefer a GTA game that takes its in-game advertisements more seriously, because the novelty has started to wear off for me. Red Dead Redemption feels so much more real to me because R* has taken that world so much more seriously than GTA. That's why I could never imagine them being in the same universe.   

• Lioshenka, Hmmm nice bike, universetwisters and 2 others like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

One thing I think of when I think of the jokes and humor in the game is this billboard.

0_0.jpg

Pure example of the "HURR IT SAYS BITCH LOL" immature humor they went for in V. And it's not like it's a vandalized billboard like the "S-TRAIN HARD" ad in San Andreas. Another example on the radio are how ads for some products exclaim how sh*tty the products are, with a phrase like "With us, you know we're sh*t," or "Vote for me, because I'll f*ck all of you over." That isn't funny.

Some of the talk radio in the game suffered from this as well and it made it a much less enjoyable listen than it was in previous games. Saints Row 1 had better satire on their parody of conservative talk radio. It wasn't over the top humor, it was very subtle and it also felt a lot more real and less "acted" than GTA's talk radio. GTA definitely should hire new people to come up with in-game media. Lazlow and whoever else is doing it must think they're funnier than they actually are. Actual comedians and actual people who work in radio production would be better with coming up with stuff, rather than just hiring comedians to do voicework only (and with sh*tty material).

• Lioshenka, universetwisters, anthony and 2 others like this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:03 AM Edited by Lioshenka, 30 December 2017 - 03:09 AM.

I voted to keep, but only if they were Renderware-era ones. RAGE-era radio stations and the map are trying way too hard to be serious and funny at the same time, like an old grandpa trying to be cool with the kids. The level of talk radio and related jokes in RAGE games is SAD.

ADDED

Wow, I just realised that the last two posters before me said exactly the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Keep the jokes, but tune it down. 

Adult humor shouldn't turn into simple teenager 69 jokes.

• anthony likes this

JayKed20
  • JayKed20

Did somebody say milkshake?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

I don't want adult humor. I want the next game to be family friendly!

Family friendly pg clean

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

If we mean mature humor by adult humor, then yes. If we mean 8-grader style "jokes" then hell no.

• anthony likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Egypt

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:17 PM Edited by Yinepi, 02 January 2018 - 04:35 PM.

In order to be satire it must be subtle enough to not just mock, but rather mock with intent to shed light on a subject and subsequently entice discussion and exchange of ideas pertaining to said subject. Satire is basically a tool where subtle humor is used to help entice change(s) so in the future there won't be a reason for the joke anymore.

Rockstar's humour isn't satire. It's unintelligent grade school humour. This humour style has been a recurrent theme since GTA3. The only thing that changed is that Rockstar have gotten more abhorrent with it by insisting that everything needs to be a joke or a reference. They're essentially forcing their humour styling onto the audience, which is why their humour often fails. I'd love for them to town it down, as this forcing of it actually ruins the sense of belief in their game worlds.

• anthony and Charlottes like this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

I'd enjoy the crude humour if it was something that you stumble upon, and not necessarily have presented to you almost immediately. Also it needs to actually be satire and not just "HURR DURR 69". I think a good example of this is buying food at Cluckin Bell in GTA SA.

"Hope you choke-a-doodle-do"
"If you come back, you're a moron"

These little remarks always illicit a smile out of me. Sure they're not the funniest thing I ever heard, but it gives the game a charm and almost a sort of realism, mainly because there are actual real fast-food workers with these attitudes (and honestly who could blame them?).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users