Quantcast

» «
Photo

Adult Humor

34 replies to this topic

Poll: Adult Humor (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Adult Humor

1. Keep the jokes (36 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. Keep the jokes, but tone it down (36 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. Remove the jokes (6 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:15 PM Edited by CGFforLife, 14 August 2017 - 01:33 PM.

GTA always famous for it's sex jokes, however sometimes the jokes went too far, like the building window light shaped like a dick in VC, or some Fame or Shame advert in a building in V. Also, the jokes isn't funny (especially for matures), but kinda disgusting.  So how do you want, Keep the jokes like it was, Keep the jokes, but tone it down, or removes the jokes completely

• j7n likes this

Pastry
  • Pastry

you know i had to ring-a-ding do it to em

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

They should keep it since it's a nice meme when done well but Rockstar likes to overdo it and that's mainly what ruins it.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

They should keep it since it's a nice meme when done well but Rockstar likes to overdo it and that's mainly what ruins it.

Exactly, I don't mind if they hide the jokes, but the fact that they are everywhere makes it no longer funny but really childish instead

• j7n likes this

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

They should bring back the tower dick up, make it even bigger next time, i say keep .

• .Smaher. likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:02 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 13 August 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Subtle sex jokes are OK, like those posters or store names in basically all GTAs that can be interpreted as sexual, that place in GTA V where looking at a repair shop and a silo can make a penis, or that destructible modern art statue in GTA IV that also looks like a penis at second glance. But jokes that are too 'in your face' kinda ruins it, like the penis-building in Vice City or the cock-rock on San Andreas. Sure, I got a giggle when I realized that the GTA V gardening company logo looks like pubes, but having something too obvious ruins this.

• theGTAking101, The7thOne, eCola and 5 others like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Rockstar is well known for its innuendos and dirty jokes. Personally I like them and I wouldn't mind if they keep up the trend. 

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:35 AM

Keep the jokes, but make them subtle and clever. I cringed when Trevor dropped his pants in front of Floyd to see his bare ass/balls and Jimmy tea bagging the Merryweather mercenary.

• Carbonox, Rico44, theGTAking101 and 9 others like this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:07 AM Edited by thehambone, 14 August 2017 - 07:08 AM.

Humor is subjective. I say keep it. But don't make it overly apparent; keep it subtle.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:08 PM Edited by Femme Fatale, 14 August 2017 - 06:08 PM.

Keep it, but they should really abandon or tone down their 69 fetish.

the jokes went too far, like the building window light shaped like a dick in VC

How's that too far? It's my favorite. ;)
  • anthony and CGFforLife like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

Remove erotic jokes, or deeply reduce the amount of them. I'm bored with penises, vaginas, 69's and stuff everywhere. Give us more intelligent humor instead.

• CartmanKusanagi and j7n like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

I don't want adult humor. I want the next game to be family friendly!

• Tomasak, thehambone, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Drunken :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

GTA without Adult Humor is not GTA

• SmokesWithCigs and Capt_Of_Wolves like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloi eloi lama sabachthani

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

It's more like teenage humor. Take a look at their sense of humor lmfao they draw a penis on everything, use 69 everywhere, name everything after vagina :lol: damn, these guys are kids. It's still funny but it ain't all that "Adult".
  • CartmanKusanagi, j7n, SmokesWithCigs and 2 others like this

KingAJ032304
  • KingAJ032304

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:15 PM Edited by KingAJ032304, 14 August 2017 - 10:16 PM.

Make the sexual jokes a easter egg but not in story or activities! Unlike San andreas where the number "69" were EVERYWHERE!

• j7n likes this

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

It's bread and butter GTA. I would be very upset if it changed. It's more than a crime simulator, despite what many recent fans beleive - its satire, its fun and its a reminder that one day, long ago, the Houser brothers were cool, no f*cks given kind of dudes.
  • Jezus Holy Christ and Brian_O_Malley like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

use 69 everywhere

Pier 69, Runway 69, 69th Street Diner, Area 69, Crazy 69, 69 Cents.... The list can go infinite
  • j7n and Jezus Holy Christ like this

Charlottes
  • Charlottes

911SC girl

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think they should maybe rethink how they do humor in general? I dont mind a lot of jokes if they're good jokes, but not a lot of the jokes in the games are that good.

Like...the satire punches down a lot and it gets old pretty quick, and it's so cynical. The more they refine the games graphically, the weirder the cheap sex jokes and lazy satire feel? In the 3d era games and Chinatown Wars it still isn't that funny, but it didnt feel bizarrely out of place because of the art style of the games.

basically I'd like to have a funny game and sex jokes wouldnt be the worst but the way they are right now is...bad

• j7n likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

They should make main character a cock.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ViceOfLiberty, 4 weeks ago.

Jokes should be made when the chance arises and can be made naturally. Situations should never be made to fit around a premeditated joke. They should never be made unnecessarily for the sake of having a joke. 

• j7n likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

They should never be made unnecessarily for the sake of having a joke.

Right. I feel like GTA V had a little too much of this and it made it feel like a Sitcom at times.

rebeldevil
  • rebeldevil

Alcohol-fueled Smartass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I can see an argument for toning things down a bit, but, well....

GTA has never really been about subtlety.  I think the (im)mature humor is part of what gives the game its charm.  And while the humor is by and large pretty juvenile, it's also often quite clever.

Take Jimmy teabagging a Merryweather goon. Yes, there's the obvious sexual humor, but it's a little deeper than that. Think about it. Jimmy is the stereotypical hardcore gamer. He spends all his time playing Righteous Slaughter, a CoD-like military FPS. He's put in a situation similar to what he might find in a game, so what does he do? Well...he does what comes naturally to him. He took out an enemy, and now he's teabagging him. The behavior is psychologically ingrained into his fat little head.

I don't think the game would feel quite right if they toned down the toilet humor and sex jokes. It's kind of their trademark. I say they should keep things as is.

• Rico44 likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

i saw do away with full frontal male nudity. i hate the sight of dead altruist penisis espcially in the snapmatic gallery  and congressman stubbs in tlad was f*ckin' unecessary. i hate dick. dick is ugly , dick is nasty. i don't want to see anymore dick in gta!

• Good Hombre likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

i saw do away with full frontal male nudity. i hate the sight of dead altruist penisis espcially in the snapmatic gallery  and congressman stubbs in tlad was f*ckin' unecessary. i hate dick. dick is ugly , dick is nasty. i don't want to see anymore dick in gta!

^Example of a latent homosexual. Also, dick is life, dick is love. :3

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

hey you........... STFU!!!

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

GTA IV MP > GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Good Hombre, 3 weeks ago.

Agreed, they should show some pussies instead.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

That's no way to talk to a lady. :angry: I can only imagine how you treat one in real life.
  • CGFforLife likes this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Vice City to IV had incredible humour. V was as subtle as a brick to the face. Rockstar right need to go back to the old style.

• thehambone likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

That's no way to talk to a lady. :angry: I can only imagine how you treat one in real life.
You won't have any friend if that is how you talk to a woman ;)

Trooper Fera
  • Trooper Fera

Are you late to the abortion clinic?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I actually want them removed. They got pretty old pretty fast. How long has the stupid 69 joke been in the series now?

R* can actually do some good humor, they just need to grow up and stop acting like two year olds with said humor. (Trevor in V was the pure embodiment of that)

• (Ambient), CGFforLife and Banshee_Droptop like this

The Paradox
  • The Paradox

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

Keep but not overuse it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users