Quantcast

» «
Photo

Idea: easy solution to PvP suicide turds.

269 replies to this topic
Sauce béarnaise
  • Sauce béarnaise

Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 days ago

Doesn't happen often but yeah I seen this sh*t like once or twice. Could not even get close no matter the tactic of approach. Dude was teleporting, suiciding, passive armored vehicle, passive hopping. Getting into job for several minutes than his friends came along so he was able to creep out of hiding while I were distracted. You feel disempowered in front of such cowardise really.

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRYHARD HUNTER Barcodes worst nightmare GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago Edited by HARBUJAHN, 4 days ago.

I've seen people kill themselves anytime you get within one city block and you weren't even going to kill them... kinda weirdos if you ask me.

I had a player do this a few weeks ago every time i was going otr, i was on the other side of the map :D funny enough his name was u got trolled and i trolled the f*ck out of him lol
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

I've seen people kill themselves anytime you get within one city block and you weren't even going to kill them... kinda weirdos if you ask me.

I had a player do this a few weeks ago every time i was going otr, i was on the other side of the map :D funny enough his name was u got trolled and i trolled the f*ck out of him lol

I see someone doing this occasionally.  Anyone goes OTR or ghost org, they immediately start suicide-spamming - or sometimes go passive until the OTR ends, then register as a CEO so they can go ghost themselves.  I don't like how the PvP side of this game has created so many players that do nothing but try to find ways to get cheap kills, and will avoid letting anyone kill them in the cheapest ways.  Compared to GTA PvP, the sins of most shooter games (campers mainly) seem so quaint and easy to deal with.

Really wish Rockstar would hire a couple guys who worked on a competitive multiplayer game (like an MLG-worthy game) for their future releases.  It's clear they have no developers who think that way.

• HARBUJAHN, Arrows to Athens, Karrecod and 3 others like this

xMementoMorix
  • xMementoMorix

GTAO Aerial Ace

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

Had a player who had the suicide button menu on at all time so he kills himself every time he fires his rpg in case he missed. He Also been joining friends ceo to have continuous ghost organization with no cool down by ceo hopping. As well as turn on passive mode when a jet gets on his tail till his friends gets their own jet lol. And u guessed it, it was the usual white hair black outfit emo with the thermal helmet for that sniper glitch and BST of course lol.

What's hilarious is when his friends were also k/d whores and was using passive in a jet so they can ram at any aircraft I try to spawn before i hop in lol
  • Blasterman4EVER, Nutduster and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

YT Streamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

So I was thinking, aside from being as unsporting as possible in the name of K/D ratio, most tryhards go EWO to refill their health right (even when snacks are a thing in the game, but that takes actual effort I guess)?

What if we could fully regen our health (instead of only half of it) by taking cover? I guess the health regeneration could also get a buff because currently is kinda slow unless you're near a CEO you're working for.

That, combined with penalizing EWO spam and intentional suicide could actually deter them from going EWO I guess. Thoughts?

When you aim down sights you can eat snacks as if in cover. Full regen of health. Anyone with skill should know this, which is why ewo turds don't.

I used to enjoy some pvp here and there. But don't bother anymore and stay mtu public solo. Why? Op weapons, vehicles and ewo turds took all the fun and challenge away. So tf the point?
  • Nutduster and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

So I was thinking, aside from being as unsporting as possible in the name of K/D ratio, most tryhards go EWO to refill their health right (even when snacks are a thing in the game, but that takes actual effort I guess)?

What if we could fully regen our health (instead of only half of it) by taking cover? I guess the health regeneration could also get a buff because currently is kinda slow unless you're near a CEO you're working for.

That, combined with penalizing EWO spam and intentional suicide could actually deter them from going EWO I guess. Thoughts?

When you aim down sights you can eat snacks as if in cover. Full regen of health. Anyone with skill should know this, which is why ewo turds don't.

I used to enjoy some pvp here and there. But don't bother anymore and stay mtu public solo. Why? Op weapons, vehicles and ewo turds took all the fun and challenge away. So tf the point?

I am getting to be like that.  I'll fight with people here and there, usually just to trade a couple kills and then go do something else.  But if someone starts abusing EWO and passive, or calling their jet or Deluxo over and over, I give myself a minute to try to get one last kill, and then vanish.  It's not worth engaging with them for longer than that.  Once upon a time I'd get my own jet and strafe the area where they were spawning, hoping for a random spawn-kill before they can kill themselves again, but it's really not worth the effort.

• bombkangaroo and Hécate-II like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

YT Streamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

It matters to anyone who wants the taste of sweet revenge (which drives this game almost as much as GTA$) yet is denied any chance at it by tools who can't fight without exploits.

Then thats your problem. If you hope for revenge against these guys when they materialise, youre setting yourself up for pain and frustration. Make a tactical withdrawal and starve them of their oxygen.

Because you wont win with them.

maxresdefault.jpg

Shirts should read, "play like a bitch" or "smell like sh*t"

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Yeah this is the saddest.

Or, if you even go off radar for any reason, anywhere near them, and they kill themselves until you reappear on radar.

I mean, isn't there something demented about doing that?

I literally cannot imagine how insane I'd have to be in order to do that. It's...... the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in GTAO - when these guys start killing themselves before you've even fought, just because you're close.

Talk about desperately clinging to hope for a stat ---

"Dude! You suck at gaming! Give Up. Please leave........"

I'm actually thinking of using more bluff tactics from now on. Just took note the other day how a tryhard killed me while doing a heist prep and I only got half of it done. I then travelled to my facility to start it again and he went into his apartment. Then I deliberately kept checking the map just to bluff him that I'll orbital him as soon as he exits. He kept checking his map (paused), I kept checking mine aand
he left the session. I wasn't even going to orbital but I convinced him I would.

Now since the biggest tryhards indeed do start suiciding in any sign of uncertainty, I think from now on when I wanna leave the fight, instead of just driving away like I usually do, I'll call in my oppressor (or something similar) and make sure he sees it, then go off the radar and just drive away.

He'll likely remain there flopping around while I travel across the map to check my supplies or so.

Saw this same thing on quite a few videos of GhillieMaster and Project Helisexuality; Just turning the plane/heli towards the EWO champion = EWO. I'm thinking; Get in an Akula, make a beeline towards the tryhard flying low, right before reaching him, go stealth -> fly away using buildings as cover.

I bet they'll at least spin around looking at the sky for a good 5 minutes if not EWO'ing. Let em grief themselves.

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 2 days ago.

I see someone doing this occasionally.  Anyone goes OTR or ghost org, they immediately start suicide-spamming - or sometimes go passive until the OTR ends, then register as a CEO so they can go ghost themselves.  I don't like how the PvP side of this game has created so many players that do nothing but try to find ways to get cheap kills, and will avoid letting anyone kill them in the cheapest ways.  Compared to GTA PvP, the sins of most shooter games (campers mainly) seem so quaint and easy to deal with.

Really wish Rockstar would hire a couple guys who worked on a competitive multiplayer game (like an MLG-worthy game) for their future releases.  It's clear they have no developers who think that way.

As much as I loathe these kind of players, you gotta blame Cockstar for this. They're the ones who designed this damn joke of a game.

• bombkangaroo, -RP- and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

R* should add a punishment to all suicides. If you repeatedly kill yourself whether it be accidental or intentional, 50 in a 24 hour period equals a trip to bs lobby. That could work.

I still think removing the kill screen from FM is what will really grind the gears of the "turds."

Sticking yourself or ewo for an entire ghost is easily one of the funniest things I have ever seen or done in the game.

dino722
  • dino722

Hustler

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 days ago

Isn’t a petition the best thing to try, at least, change the way K/D works?? Kill your self and it will count as death, no matter what...you died. The bikers did it for their dlc, rexx did for a cat suit, I mean, is there more tryhards in this game than actually notmal players??

wehweh01
  • wehweh01

Crates 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Isn’t a petition the best thing to try, at least, change the way K/D works?? Kill your self and it will count as death, no matter what...you died. The bikers did it for their dlc, rexx did for a cat suit, I mean, is there more tryhards in this game than actually notmal players??

That or simply learn to live with it. I have. I don't even acknowledge the killfeed or my own K/D. Just go in balls out. Ignore the petty insults as well.

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRYHARD HUNTER Barcodes worst nightmare GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 days ago

Best way of dealing with these is hit them with the dirty tactics,hit them hard get that 1 kill they don't want you too get :) then go passive and let them know they're a bitch lol

• Blasterman4EVER, Arrows to Athens and bombkangaroo like this

dino722
  • dino722

Hustler

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 days ago

That or simply learn to live with it. I have. I don't even acknowledge the killfeed or my own K/D. Just go in balls out. Ignore the petty insults as well.

I learned to live with it, I PvP but without those “ewo” features...as soon as I engage someone in a fight and see him go bum bum I just immediately go passive and start leaving. Get the message lzzz or pu$$y and respond with: EWO=scared. They get triggerd by that cause straight after I get spammed with 1v1 beach, more lzzzz, you suck, looser...
  • HARBUJAHN, Arrows to Athens, wehweh01 and 2 others like this

GTASA-Pilot
  • GTASA-Pilot

2017, the year R* ruined GTAO

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Let's be real, not a single suggestion of those you guys suggested are going to get implemented by R*. I think the best and the most effective solution against tryhards suicide addicts is to just not bother with them altogether. I came to this conclusion just a moment ago when I met a tryhard online.

What happened was that first I saw him doing a Executive Search VIP work where I tried to find him in the area and kill him which I couldn't because I couldn't spot him. At the end, he sees me and kill me before it ends. After that it's over, I'm trying to kill him for revenge and this person starts taking the EWO and I realized pretty quickly that it's a tryhard I'm dealing with. Looking at how his character looks confirmed that to me even more. I decided to just drive away and then moments later I messaged him telling him that he's a sad, pathetic tryhard who doesn't play PvP legitimately. He responded with bullsh*t claims like "he doesn't care about kd", "it's freemode with no rules" and other nonsense crap. He then challenged me to a 1v1 match to which I replied that I won't waste my time on an insignificant creature because I can't trust him, he will just spam EWO anyway so it's pointless. He promised then to play clean so I gave him a chance, I went to his location and told him I'm ready. When I get there, he's in passive mode and then leaves passive mode and immediately like a coward do a cheap kill on me. Then he starts using RPG while I'm using my Heavy Sniper and when I go to a hill and shoot him with one bullet, I see him immediately kill himself and I give him one more chance. I take out my Combat MG and just when I'm about to spray him to death, he kills himself again. I then text him with something like "EWO again, I knew I couldn't trust you. Bye I'm done." I steal an NPC's car and drive away and then he starts sending me immature texts saying "Looooool 11-1". I leave the session a moment later.

This story above is a good example that shows how a tryhard can never be trusted even if that person promises to you that he/she will play clean. Trust me, they won't. As soon as you hurt them with one bullet, they take the EWO. The best weapon against tryhards is to not waste your time on them, ever. As soon as you see a player starting to take the EWO during combat, leave them alone and run away quick as hell. Do not even look back, just disappear from there immediately. As long as you keep giving your attention to a tryhard, you're giving away you power to him because he knows that you can't win against someone who constantly suicides all the time, so the only way to win against tryhards is to stay far away from them and definitely not give them your attention. The more people that understand this, the less power the tryhards a.k.a the cancer cells of GTAO will have.

• gtafan26 likes this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

^this story is a perfect justification of why the score screen needs to be removed....if you dont ewo or ie play the game, this screens makes it look like you lost. This is core of the problem. These players are not smart enough to keep track of the kills themselves and they certainly arent keeping track of the times they ewo/sticky. If they just removed both passive mode and the screens, it would literally be guys hiding in an apartment, water, or underground after getting at most 5 kills. It will never happen, but the screen is the basis of the problem and unless that is removed nothing will ever change. Kd goes down, who cares...im in bad sport, no big deal...I can still send a screen shot saying, 11-1. Essentially, you got trolled, trust me I have been. It is always a good feeling to do this to a player whose whole gta life is trolling.

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 days ago

Just take it as a compliment that you are that much of a threat to their K/D ratio, that they need to resort to these little tricks in order to protect it... I was up against a K/D warrior in an adversary mode the other night & while he was king of the kids in freemode, he was totally useless in Air Quota, he was even issued with the K/D warrior's favourite - a hydra lol... a lvl 20 wrecked him... made the lvl 20's day.. but broke the tryhard's heart lol

Just my opinion..

~John~

• bombkangaroo likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

^this story is a perfect justification of why the score screen needs to be removed....if you dont ewo or ie play the game, this screens makes it look like you lost. This is core of the problem. These players are not smart enough to keep track of the kills themselves and they certainly arent keeping track of the times they ewo/sticky. If they just removed both passive mode and the screens, it would literally be guys hiding in an apartment, water, or underground after getting at most 5 kills. It will never happen, but the screen is the basis of the problem and unless that is removed nothing will ever change. Kd goes down, who cares...im in bad sport, no big deal...I can still send a screen shot saying, 11-1. Essentially, you got trolled, trust me I have been. It is always a good feeling to do this to a player whose whole gta life is trolling.

I dont agree with removing passive, but remove the score, hell, just remove the damn K/D stat.

_47_
  • _47_

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Remove K/D stat and player deaths and kills. Problem solved.

But what if they won't stop. Maybe killing players in a game is as easy as breathing to some.

What makes a person a killer?

I can tell you this. No matter what rockstar does, take away all the pvp stats or puts a cooldown on the EWO.

Can't stop the select few that will keep going.

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I dont agree with removing passive, but remove the score, hell, just remove the damn K/D stat.

The passive mode problem which I see as one in the same as ewo problem. The passive mode problem could be solved by removing a cool down on 2k bounties. It keeps passive mode, the only problem is that you must continously spend money on a person to prevent them from passive popping. If R* seriously attempts to fix ewo, and leaves passive mode as it is. Might as well leave ewo as it is.
  • Arrows to Athens and Hécate-II like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted A day ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, A day ago.

The passive mode problem which I see as one in the same as ewo problem. The passive mode problem could be solved by removing a cool down on 2k bounties. It keeps passive mode, the only problem is that you must continously spend money on a person to prevent them from passive popping. If R* seriously attempts to fix ewo, and leaves passive mode as it is. Might as well leave ewo as it is.

They should give us passive lobbies instead and remove passive mode from regular lobbies. Passive mode has no place in a lobby where killing is allowed -- it just gets abused. If you don't want to engage in fights, go to a passive lobby, like in IV, but no, too much fun.

• flexcreator and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

DangerWorldWide
  • DangerWorldWide

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by DangerWorldWide, A day ago.

Moderate Cooldown of like a minute or so + make it so if any damage is taken from a player, the player who did the damage/most damage/most recent damage gets it as a kill and it effects KDR.

Watch the spergs sperg about it and find something new to do, like just run AutoHotKeys to suicide via sticky bomb.

It's hilarious to watch AHK users talking about cheaters while rapid firing RPG/Homing Launchers and grenades, doing Heavy Sniper shot -> Marksman Rifle spam instantly, etc..

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

This is Pequod

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A day ago Edited by Pequod_, A day ago.

^ Glitches/exploits have become part of the meta.

We're forced to adapt or else get pulverized by passive-toggling jets and the like. Blame R* I say, if they wanted to force PVP, they should've done it right.
  • bombkangaroo and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

^this story is a perfect justification of why the score screen needs to be removed....if you dont ewo or ie play the game, this screens makes it look like you lost. This is core of the problem.

No it's not. It's a side effect. You're probably right that removing k/d and the kills counter would lessen EWO abuse, but if we're doing something that radical, why not just fix the actual problem? All they need to do is put a cooldown on EWO and make suicide of any kind count as a kill for another player if they wounded you before you did it (which is how it works in most better-designed shooter games). And if they really wanted to treat this problem aggressively, killing yourself too many times in a short period would result in a warning and bad sport points.

ParsoOnFire
  • ParsoOnFire

Barrel of a .45

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

maxresdefault.jpg

If I looked like that, I'd kill myself, too

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A day ago

maxresdefault.jpg

SMELL LIKE A BITCH

Sounds about right.

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

^this story is a perfect justification of why the score screen needs to be removed....if you dont ewo or ie play the game, this screens makes it look like you lost. This is core of the problem.

No it's not. It's a side effect. You're probably right that removing k/d and the kills counter would lessen EWO abuse, but if we're doing something that radical, why not just fix the actual problem? All they need to do is put a cooldown on EWO and make suicide of any kind count as a kill for another player if they wounded you before you did it (which is how it works in most better-designed shooter games). And if they really wanted to treat this problem aggressively, killing yourself too many times in a short period would result in a warning and bad sport points.

Do other games have "cops" and "traffic" that can kill you after a player has wiped you out, but you actually got the kill? I am genuinely asking because I dont play these other games. I know the games like Halo for example have nothing like cops. It just seems like it might be hard to implement. Removing a screen when you are killed by player seems like it should be easy.

The screen score is all that matters to these players. Many of these people have modded kds some with negative numbers. Why spend time loading over and over? Screen shots of the fake score thats why. Ewo is not even used anymore for most fights. Its literally the hard way out in a gun fight.

I agree that bad sport points are a solution, but dont particularly address the core of the problem which is the absurd screen shots. If you could make suicidew decrease the score, by 1 that could work. Seems hard to impement as you can have multiple scores in the same lobby.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Nutduster, A day ago.

Interestingly, I played today with friends and we ran into three separate suicide turds in the span of a couple hours. Every one of them was the same - they came in out of nowhere blasting away, then started marksman-wiggling and killing themselves immediately. Two of them were huge fans of firing an RPG at you from far away and EWOing simultaneously so whether or not their shot hit, you had no chance to kill them. My favorite was when my friend knocked one of these guys down with the explosive sniper, he actually quit the session to save himself from getting killed (presumably because his interaction menu wasn't available that second). I mean really, how is that good gameplay? f*cking Rockstar.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted A day ago

Interestingly, I played today with friends and we ran into three separate suicide turds in the span of a couple hours. Every one of them was the same - they came in out of nowhere blasting away, then started marksman-wiggling and killing themselves immediately. Two of them were huge fans of firing an RPG at you from far away and EWOing simultaneously so whether or not their shot hit, you had no chance to kill them. My favorite was when my friend knocked one of these guys down with the explosive sniper, he actually quit the session to save himself from getting killed (presumably because his interaction menu wasn't available that second). I mean really, how is that good gameplay? f*cking Rockstar.

Have you tried the Avenger with your friends? (versus tryhards)

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I've got go-to counters, but bottom line is that no matter what you do, they'll just EWO again and again anytime they don't have the upper hand. It's pointless to fight them; best case scenario is a stalemate, which is why they play that way.

The best luck I've ever had with them is taking advantage of a numeric advantage in cheap ways. If one of them goes after a friend and doesn't yet know we're playing together, I'll immediately ghost org and swoop in for a couple cheap kills before they start using the same tactics against me. Then we just quit the session to deprive them of any payback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users