Quantcast

» «
Photo

Idea: easy solution to PvP suicide turds.

189 replies to this topic
fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:31 AM

Whenever you kill someone, it should start a short timer, when any of your suicide counts as a frag to the player you killed last. One to two minutes is optimal. So competitive PvP will no longer be a suicide fest, players gonna have to fight for their lives till the end.

If you like the idea, spread it around and make sure RS will hear it.

• jdv95, Blasterman4EVER, Shadowfennekin and 11 others like this

EMEUTIER
  • EMEUTIER

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

or count suicide as negative 1 kill to the player that commits it.

• Dan Dark, jdv95, BumpyJohnson and 32 others like this

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:32 AM

Make committing suicide lower your KDR.
  • Dan Dark, FlacidJack, Randoom. and 24 others like this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Not a pretty nigga but my mom thinks I'm handsome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:33 AM

Make it so that you can only use it five times in a GTA day then once you surpass five you only get four for the next GTA day and so on. Once you are down to only one EWO for every GTA day it stays that way in perpetuate as punishment for being a bitch.
  • Randoom., BumpyJohnson, Blasterman4EVER and 10 others like this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

Sorry, mine still better, since it's more easier to implement.

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

@Bully2Info

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

They should just charge $50,000 - $100,000 to commit suicide in deathmatches/game modes only. 

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

Ruslan Mashinov
  • Ruslan Mashinov

DNS Codes

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:37 AM Edited by Ruslan Mashinov, 13 August 2017 - 07:45 AM.

Why does it piss you off? I think we need to talk about why exactly is this a problem rather than just trying to fix something that's not broken.

It just seems that everybody is just trying to make this game so much easier, why can't you just accept it as it is. Suicide worked like this since October of 2013 and nothing has changed since. Why are you complaining about it now? Got destroyed by a few players online who knew how to use it to their advantage?

If you're in this "competitive" setting, then you'd expect your opponents to agree to a certain ruleset of some sort, otherwise, it's just an unorganized orgy where you don't expect some guy to wanna f*ck you.

• Pastry, Sky_Light12, Sinner's Rise and 4 others like this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

Give it a 2 or 5 minute cool down and make each suicide deduct from your K/D, whether if it was an EWO or blowing yourself up with explosives.
  • OCDee, BumpyJohnson, Blasterman4EVER and 3 others like this

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

Might I suggest, Maybe just Flushing them Down a Toilet?

But seriously, How about giving PVPers Their own D*** Lobbies, sorta like how BS Lobbies work now? This way, So that People who dont PVP(Like Myself and Probably Many others) can actually enjoy and play the game as originally Intended.

FWIW, I Actually Really Hate having to Kill random Players, I'd rather Help people, rather than kill them. (NPCs are definently IMO Ok to kill, Those Stupid Annoying Little F'in Dumb** NPCs need to be shot/Ran Over Etc. Though ... LOL)

Sorry Rant over.
  • Dan Dark, Blasterman4EVER, SmokesWithCigs and 2 others like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

I have a better solution

Force players to rest their head inside a guillotine to play the game, if you want an easy way out you'll get one.

• Shadowfennekin, bulldog385, Skeve613 and 4 others like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Does it really matter to anybody outside those guys who play for the K/D thing? It's their thing, just leave them to it.

• stickboy, Skeve613 and westsxde like this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

Why does it piss you off? I think we need to talk about why exactly is this a problem rather than just trying to fix something that's not broken.

Coz it simply destroyed PvP, turning it into suicide competition. Gta pvp is all about how fast you can kill yourself, which is absolute nonsense.

• Blasterman4EVER, We Are Ninja, Arrows to Athens and 1 other like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

I never found this pvp suicides annoying or disbalancing. Maybe because i never thought about GTA Online as competetive game.
I know, it's funny to see the guy jiggling around in first person and having a suicide button ready, but still.

• Mexicola9302 and benjaminstrike like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

Sorry, mine still better, since it's more easier to implement.

Lol.  Okay then.

So adding a timer with logic behind it is easier than simply increasing the number of deaths by players?

Where did you study programming?

• MagicNarcosis, FlacidJack, Sinner's Rise and 6 others like this

joao_inca
  • joao_inca

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

Make it so that you can only use it five times in a GTA day then once you surpass five you only get four for the next GTA day and so on. Once you are down to only one EWO for every GTA day it stays that way in perpetuate as punishment for being a bitch.

I can still RPG myself tho??

• PijaPaUnLao34 likes this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

If it's that big of a deal for so many people, simply have suicide cost the player 1 death. Easy to implement, would solve issues with most people that find it an issue.

However, to be honest, why does it matter? You don't get the kill and complain that they want to fabricate their KD, but you're obviously concerned about your own too. Play that way and you wont enjoy GTA as much as if you just played and didn't give a crap about a meaningless statistic.
  • Furry_Monkey, joao_inca, Mr_No and 2 others like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death, The Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Just make ALL deaths count against the K/D and most people will stop doing it immediately. If they take the EWO, bomb themselves or fall off a ledge, count that in the statistic.

• blackindia, We Are Ninja, Shadowfennekin and 5 others like this

joao_inca
  • joao_inca

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:47 AM

Just make ALL deaths count against the K/D and most people will stop doing it immediately. If they take the EWO, bomb themselves or fall off a ledge, count that in the statistic.

I can just imagine the macros to eat snacks and put on armour

No display name = This
  • No display name = This

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

How about instead of all that just remove the KDR stat?

• V4S, FlacidJack, The-Ghost and 20 others like this

pie4july
  • pie4july

Geologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

We cannot put commit suicide on a timer or limit it. One of the reasons it's in the game is if you some how are stuck in a place and need to respawn. That feature cannot be removed.

Just let it affect KD. If someone is is killing themselves to avoid being killed by you, they're clearly worried about their KD
  • PijaPaUnLao34 and kovaandr like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

How about instead of all that just remove the KDR stat?

You'd also have to remove the kill counter that pops up when you get killed, you know the thing the tryhards love to quote. That should be affected by suicides too.

Killed by police would be the next issue though. I often get killed by police if I'm having a fight with someone, mainly because I don't use snacks or armour (why waste it on some little tryhard nugget?) so if I'm hit a few times by the other player and police are around, it's more often them who get the kill.

But then, you have more technical problems to look at when you have a number of players shooting at you - who would the suicide affect?

To be honest, that kill counter is the stupidest thing in the game. Remove it. Put it back in for one on one DMs. Have one on one DMs make both players ghosted to other players and police.

But hey, it's the easiest thing in the world to find fault with something. I doubt anything will change. Just stick to walking away however you can if you don't want the fight, if you do want it, fight clean and have some self respect.
  • Jenkiiii and PijaPaUnLao34 like this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

So adding a timer with logic behind it is easier than simply increasing the number of deaths by players?

Kill score counter is tied up with overall kill\death, so changing one without changing another might be tricky. And another thing, my suggestion also affects duel kill score, which tryhards care about even more, actually.

To be honest, that kill counter is the stupidest thing in the game. Remove it. Put it back in for one on one DMs. Have one on one DMs make both players ghosted to other players and police.

Every shooter has kill counter, but only in gta it got that ugly, because of how suicide helps to keep it high.

jacka
  • jacka

Reserved

• Members
  • None
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016
    Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

+ Let the last person who got a shot at the person claim the kill.

That would sort that out, I think.

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

Kill score counter is tied up with overall kill\death, so changing one without changing another might be tricky. And another thing, my suggestion also affects duel kill score, which tryhards care about even more, actually.

Every shooter has kill counter, but only in gta it got that ugly, because of how suicide helps to keep it high.

GTA isn't specifically a shooter though. GTA is an open world sandbox mixture of everything. The combat and PvP is only one small piece of what makes up GTA. A lot of players don't play it as a shooter. I played it for over 2 years as a purely cooperative PvE game. It is only recently that I've started to play the PvP environment and that's only because the PvE is too predictable, too mundane and has been played to death.

I get what you're saying but also, I get that GTA isn't just a shooter.
  • stickboy and HeistsActivist like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

/thread

This is something that should have been implmented at launch. Still doing it even with a 0.00KD/R? Easy, -5000k everytime.
  • iBUCKEYE, Blasterman4EVER, Pedinhuh and 2 others like this

xCarlaP_x
  • xCarlaP_x

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Make the kill count for the player who did the damage before they blew themselves up.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

Just f*cking make suicides counts negatively towards K/D ratio.

It's says right in the f*cking name of it: Kill/DEATH ratio, not Kill/KILLED ratio.
  • Zeta87 and REXX like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Whenever you kill someone, it should start a short timer, when any of your suicide counts as a frag to the player you killed last. One to two minutes is optimal. So competitive PvP will no longer be a suicide fest, players gonna have to fight for their lives till the end.
If you like the idea, spread it around and make sure RS will hear it.

id prefer like 10-20 seconds

i use it a lot just because of cops

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:17 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 13 August 2017 - 02:19 PM.

IMO they should remove Bad Sports from destroying PVs (which has never made sense) and add it to killing yourself 'with your own weapons' instead.

Because constantly killing yourself is actually being a bad sport.  And those kinds of players should be placed in a different lobby filled with same type of idiots and be done with it.

I personally think suicide drama queens are a joke..I usually don't treat them as normal players.  And end up playing a different game with them.. Either i try to make them kill themselves by pretending to try and kill them.  Or i just leave them in the dust..

I mean,, theres even players who place stickys on their buzzards or jets before attacking player..  Just so they can blow themselves up at the 1st sign of danger while they go around attacking others.  That level of bitchery deserves to be in its own server..lol

• MagicNarcosis, FlacidJack, EvilFuture and 10 others like this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

BST+heavy sniper. No mid-fight ewo´s since you blast them oneshot. Where is the problem?

• EvilFuture and PijaPaUnLao34 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users