Quantcast

» «
Photo

Buggy Pixelated Shadows & Low Draw Distance At Max Settings.

8 replies to this topic
The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:44 AM Edited by The Duke Of Nukes, 13 August 2017 - 02:44 AM.

Hello! I just finished building my PC, and it's a really powerful machine, but right now I'm having issues with loads of different games (most of them are old, but they were the ones that finished installing first, so those are probably just compatibility issues), but GTA V, a newer game, is having rendering issues. The game runs at maximum settings (even advanced options), but I'm getting these strange issues with the game. The shadows are all pixelated and edgy and in the benchmark with the jet, there was a lot of pop-in (shadows, trees, plants, etc), there's lots of lag when I pause the game, the opening menu screen's mouse FPS is limited, there's some screen tearing (which should be impossible, since my monitor runs at 240 Hz with G-Sync, the game's settings match, and there's no way I could be currently running the game in ultra at over 240 FPS), and more. I tried messing with the settings, turning on VSync, messing with anti-aliasing, tweaking the Nvidia control panel, but to no avail. Rendering issues also happen in GTA IV, but different ones. I've looked up online (and in the forums) for any solutions, but none have been found (and the topics are pretty old right now, so I can't post anything there). Is there anyone who can help? Yes, my drivers were updated, but I uninstalled them after reading something about how newer Nvidia drivers are trash and cause these sorts of issues. Here are my specs:

Nvidia GTX 1080 TI MSI Duke Graphics Card
MSI Tomahawk Motherboard
Intel Core i7 7700K CPU
4x8GB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM
2x Hitachi NAS 4TB 7200RPM Hard Drives
Cougar 1050W Gold Certified PSU

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

Anyone?

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Anybody?

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

Please?

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Sorry nobody has been by with any ideas.

Got a couple of questions:

What monitor and resolution are you using? UHD 4k, 21:9 wide, 1080? 

What DirectX version have you set in the graphics options? I had bad anti-aliasing with DX10 (lots of jaggies, particularly on shadows), DX11 smoothed them properly. High Def shadows in Advanced Graphics helps too.

Have you considered investing in an SSD?

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Sorry nobody has been by with any ideas.
Got a couple of questions:
What monitor and resolution are you using? UHD 4k, 21:9 wide, 1080? 
What DirectX version have you set in the graphics options? I had bad anti-aliasing with DX10 (lots of jaggies, particularly on shadows), DX11 smoothed them properly. High Def shadows in Advanced Graphics helps too.

Have you considered investing in an SSD?

I have a 1080p monitor with 240Hz Nvidia Gsync, I am using DirectX 11 with high-resolution shadows (everything is maxed out), and I decided to get 2 HDDs because you could get more storage for a cheaper price. Right now I have 2x 4tb HDDs (I have 8tbs total storage), and I needed it to store all of my games. Does GTA V have problems on HDDs?

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

"Problems" is probably too harsh a term, but any game that continuously reads its files for assets like GTA does (streaming/reading from rpf) will perform better on an SSD.

Run Windows Resource Monitor open on the Disk tab while you run the game and see the disk activity.

Given the rest of your system, that's where I see one of your potential bottlenecks (probably contributing to the pop-in and low render distance).

SSD wont affect shadow rendering though. I would try disabling nVidia interference and leave everything application controlled.

The only other thing I would look at is your motherboard drivers... most people think to update their GPU drivers but don't bother with the motherboard, relying on Windows auto-detect drivers. 

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

"Problems" is probably too harsh a term, but any game that continuously reads its files for assets like GTA does (streaming/reading from rpf) will perform better on an SSD.

Run Windows Resource Monitor open on the Disk tab while you run the game and see the disk activity.

Given the rest of your system, that's where I see one of your potential bottlenecks (probably contributing to the pop-in and low render distance).

SSD wont affect shadow rendering though. I would try disabling nVidia interference and leave everything application controlled.

The only other thing I would look at is your motherboard drivers... most people think to update their GPU drivers but don't bother with the motherboard, relying on Windows auto-detect drivers. 

I'll try this when I have the time, thanks!

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by The Duke Of Nukes, A week ago.

Well... It's been a long time now, and I've seen the resource monitor, and there seem to be no bottlenecks, so that's not the issue. The disk only really maxes out when the game is loading, so I assume that's normal. My drivers are all fine too, so that's also not a problem. I've contacted Rockstar about this, and their info is not very helpful, so does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? And how do you report bugs to Rockstar besides submitting a ticket?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users