Quantcast

» «
Photo

Buggy Pixelated Shadows & Low Draw Distance At Max Settings.

1 reply to this topic
The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by The Duke Of Nukes, 6 days ago.

Hello! I just finished building my PC, and it's a really powerful machine, but right now I'm having issues with loads of different games (most of them are old, but they were the ones that finished installing first, so those are probably just compatibility issues), but GTA V, a newer game, is having rendering issues. The game runs at maximum settings (even advanced options), but I'm getting these strange issues with the game. The shadows are all pixelated and edgy and in the benchmark with the jet, there was a lot of pop-in (shadows, trees, plants, etc), there's lots of lag when I pause the game, the opening menu screen's mouse FPS is limited, there's some screen tearing (which should be impossible, since my monitor runs at 240 Hz with G-Sync, the game's settings match, and there's no way I could be currently running the game in ultra at over 240 FPS), and more. I tried messing with the settings, turning on VSync, messing with anti-aliasing, tweaking the Nvidia control panel, but to no avail. Rendering issues also happen in GTA IV, but different ones. I've looked up online (and in the forums) for any solutions, but none have been found (and the topics are pretty old right now, so I can't post anything there). Is there anyone who can help? Yes, my drivers were updated, but I uninstalled them after reading something about how newer Nvidia drivers are trash and cause these sorts of issues. Here are my specs:

Nvidia GTX 1080 TI MSI Duke Graphics Card
MSI Tomahawk Motherboard
Intel Core i7 7700K CPU
4x8GB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM
2x Hitachi NAS 4TB 7200RPM Hard Drives
Cougar 1050W Gold Certified PSU

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago