Invisible spot

6 replies to this topic
PrinceOfPol
  • PrinceOfPol

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

Incidentally found it by crashing my bike, cops are utterly clueless when you're standing here.

oPnuxMN.png

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

WTF? Kinda like the invisible wall that you can climb down on the pier in Los Santos. Could you post a photo of the full map please?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

Could you post a photo of the full map please?

The RADAR map circle  is distinctive enough.

PrinceOfPol
  • PrinceOfPol

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

Had no idea there's something like an invisible wall. Yeah, it's in San Fierro and there's the Cluckin Bell over there.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:45 PM Edited by OrionSR, 13 August 2017 - 10:03 PM.

Is CJ standing under a building? That triangular one with a hole in the middle where Whirlybird Waypoint starts? I think what you found is a cull zone. These are frequently found under overpasses, bridges or buildings that overhang an open area, and in tunnels. I believe the most obvious purpose is to prevent rain in these areas, but I see a lot of rain in your image. It sort of looks like the rain sheet cuts off right where CJ is standing, maybe.

I expect that's you'd get similar police behavior if CJ hid under the overpasses around the LV Ring Road. I use this trick frequently to manage the police as I acquire a new vehicle, or to send the pursuit helis and hunter away for a while. 

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

Could you post a photo of the full map please?

The RADAR map circle  is distinctive enough.

Maybe to you or me, but some people struggle. Here is a picture of the map for reference.

M9AeMpO.jpg

You can see towards the middle of this map that there is a grey land area with three white squares, just next to the freeway. This is the location in question. There are some locations in the game that can send the AI on a bit of a goose chase. One area I enjoy is a darkened patch of runway on the aircraft carrier in Easter Basin. If you stand in the right spot, the news and police choppers fly low and close enough to steal right out of the sky.
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks boss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users