Buzzards v Oppressor

8 replies to this topic
Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:39 PM

Ok guys, I'm a long time xbox 360 Buzzard pilot and had learned enough to negate the dreaded homing missile and compete with Hydras and stand a good chance of either coming out on top or still breathing.

I made the shift to PC just in time to find the game has changed for us again with the advent of the missile armed Oppressor. The question now is how do those of us wedded to the Buzzard stay competitive? Thoughts and strategies greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:42 PM Edited by Happy Hunter, 12 August 2017 - 04:52 AM.

All depends if it's a non-glitched/legitimate Oppressor, or a glitched out one. I've heard the glitched one doesn't ever need to land, which may be fake news - but if it's true, obviously it's a different thing altogether.

For a standard one, I'd say just staying high up - it'll have to recharge eventually, which limits its altitude. Send missiles at the right time, either as it's recharging and vulnerable, or just doesn't have the speed to dodge with a backflip. You're vulnerable to snipers up there though.

You could also hide around buildings, then pop out when it's facing a different direction to you. Be careful though, as it can do a backflip and get people behind it. I would probably attack from the side/a sort of quarter angle.

Unfortunately though, the Oppressor pilot/driver/rider/whatever it is can just spawn a new one instantly when they mess up or get killed. Sometimes it's better to land, snipe them, then spawnkill with explosive sniper rounds so they can't get back on. I've also heard a Fully Loaded Ruiner 2000 is useful. But these are non-helicopter techniques.

Worst comes to the worst, you can spawn yours to kill the player with, then keep killing them when they're on foot with it. Might want to start some VIP work so you don't pay for their vehicles though.

Other than all that, the only other thing I can think of right now is this. But you can't choose which mission you get, so it's not guaranteed at all.

Hopefully next update has some new heli or new heli features that help out.

• Gaffa™ and Hécate-II like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:42 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 12 August 2017 - 05:45 AM.

Ok guys, I'm a long time xbox 360 Buzzard pilot and had learned enough to negate the dreaded homing missile and compete with Hydras and stand a good chance of either coming out on top or still breathing.

I made the shift to PC just in time to find the game has changed for us again with the advent of the missile armed Oppressor. The question now is how do those of us wedded to the Buzzard stay competitive? Thoughts and strategies greatly appreciated.

I've been downed a single time, negative parameters: respawning from a contact mission, spawning my CEO Buzzard, and the Oppressor was already GhostOrg-ed. I tried to dogde the missile(fired somewhere from behind) like if it was a Homing Launcher one. Failed.

Now I just launch anti-Oppressor campaigns from my office rooftop, with explosive rounds...Once the guy go Ghost org, I make sure to go back in my office to p1ss him, and I leave it when his GO ends.

Yeah I admit its mediocre, but we're talking about a sh*tty fantasy bike equiped with missiles that even real life based military vehicles doesn't have, I mean Savage missiles vs Oppressor missiles?? Its not comparable, Oppressor missiles are even worse than Homing Launcher ones. I mean, it only deserves it. Explosive rounds until he go passive.

Edit: like Hunter said  :D

• Happy Hunter likes this

Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

Some good points guys.

High altitude isn't generally a place I like to be in a buzzard as it limits opportunities to attack ground targets and I feel leaves me vulnerable to jets - that is if any are still out there. Not sure I like the idea of trying to get high enough to allow the Oppressor to exhaust its missiles before swooping in for the kill as its both too reactive (I'd rather be proactive) and dependent on being able to catch the Oppressor...

On the topic of snipers, anyone know the range of a mk2 heavy sniper? How high can the finger of death touch?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

I've heard the glitched one doesn't ever need to land, which may be fake news - but if it's true, obviously it's a different thing altogether.

It's true - I only land when I choose to.  It's not actually the glitch that makes this possible, but the terrible physics in the game.  The glitched one makes it a LOT easier though.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

The standard tactic of flying to the target firing rockets at you might work...but yea...might as well adapt tactics i'd say.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

The stock oppressor never needs to land anyway, you just skim the walls of buildings or roofs and off you boost again. You can stay up at like half Maze tower height forever.

SqualidCoyote
  • SqualidCoyote

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Defending my cargo from an Opressor. Blow it up and I have to pay $20K. I won't be the first or the last to bitch about this but it sucks big time (like yo momma).

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, I Feel like as long as you're facing the bike you still are good to go. Tze maneuverability and being able to turn in the spot is a plus. As soon as they shoot at you when you're Not 100% facing them though... byebye
  • Happy Hunter and Hécate-II like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users