• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic
Leone Family
  • Leone Family

Grand Theft Auto Québec TC developer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

When I created my profile there was no option for Québec in the "nationality" section, and yet, there was pointless things like NATO or even Mars. So I picked Canada because it's the closest thing to me, but really, you guys should include Québec as an option for nationality. I also know a few other members on this website that come from Québec just like me (Biker Boyz, Bondergomme, Jerome) so it would not only be beneficial to me, but to other people as well. It's bad when my profile shows a flag that I don't really feel like belonging to.

• Vik likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

Last I checked, Quebec isn't a nation.

If they do that, then they need all the provinces, as well as all the American States (love you deadite), the Mexican ones, the Australian Provinces, and of course, each island in Hawaii. 

• universetwisters, Voit Turyv, Cebra and 4 others like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:31 PM Edited by Leone Family, 10 August 2017 - 09:33 PM.

1-Mars isn't a nation, NATO isn't, the Red Cross isn't, Wales, Scotland and all other british regoins aren't, but yet they are all available in the nationality options.

2-We Quebecers were once a nation before we were annexed by Canada, and most of us see themselves as Quebecers, not Canadians.

3-A quote from the wikipedia page of Québec: "In 2006, the House of Commons of Canada passed a symbolic motion recognizing the "Québécois as a nation within a united Canada."[15][16]".  In other words, we are recognised as a nation inside a nation, if that's not too complicated to understand.

4-Is it too much to ask for you to look at your profile flag? Is this what you call a nation? x)

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

Scotland is a separate country, under the umbrella of the United Kingdom, with it's own Parliament and system of laws, along with Wales.

Quebec isn't.

Mars is an entire planet.  The UN is a great multi-national organization.

Quebec is a province.  

A quote from the wikipedia page of Quebec:

Quebec is the second-most populous province of Canada, after Ontario. It is the only one to have a predominantly French-speaking population, with French as the sole provincial official language.

• livejoker, ten-a-penny, The Deadite and 1 other like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:46 PM Edited by Leone Family, 10 August 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Yes we do have our own government...

Would you like it if your country was invaded by North Korea and getting renamed "Second Korea" then having to show the Second Korean flag on your forums because your original country doesn't exist anymore and then having to deal with people who are against the fact that you want to express your true nationality? Why do you think you should be allowed to have a Mars flag on your profile even tough you are not from Mars and that I shouldn't get the Québec flag even tough I am from Québec? Agreeing with you would be an example of discrimination.

Edit: If you think we shouldn't get our flag, then how do you explain this?: https://en.wikipedia...bec_nationalism

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

How do you know I'm not from Mars?

Speciest.... 

• Ruin, ten-a-penny, fashion and 3 others like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:59 PM Edited by Leone Family, 10 August 2017 - 10:03 PM.

Let's be real, no human was ever born on Mars. Sure there's the possibility that all my life was a lie and that we are actually in year 3017 and humans have colonised Mars and I was living in a matrix for my whole life but we can all agree that this is absurd and that there's practically zero chance that this is true. Yet I was born and lives in Québec. And just like most Quebecers, I see myself as a Quebecer, not a Canadian. You have no point in trying to stop this suggestion, other than personal retaliation against me, which is not even a good point. I don't think we have to remind the people of GTAforums about what you did to me. If that's all you can do against me, you've fallen very low.

Anyway mods, can we get this nationality added please? I'd like to be done with this before AlienTwo sends his sad little army against me everytime he gets triggered by politics (just like last time).

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Again... assuming my species.  Who said I was human?  Haven't you seen my profile pic?  That's me bro.

• Tomasak, ten-a-penny, fashion and 2 others like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

I saw your face. You're a 30 or maybe 40-something dude. Again, I'm serious with this, so please be serious too. We all know you're not an alien for real.

• AlienTwo and Payne Killer like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

That wasn't me.
  • Ruin, livejoker, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:23 PM Edited by Leone Family, 10 August 2017 - 10:26 PM.

Whatever. Even if it really wasn't you, everybody in here agrees that you are human. And thus you are not from Mars. As for me, I am from Québec, so that's why I would love to be able to fully express myself in my profile information.

Edit: The Member Photos topic where I found your picture has a rule that says "POSTING IMAGES THAT ARE EITHER NOT YOU OR THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE WILL RESULT IN THE REMOVAL OF ALL IMAGES AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOUR ACCOUNT". So you're either lying, or breaking the rules. Gotcha.

• AlienTwo and Payne Killer like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

Whatever. Even if it really wasn't you, everybody in here agrees that you are human. And thus you are not from Mars. As for me, I am from Québec, so that's why I would love to be able to fully express myself in my profile information.

Edit: The Member Photos topic where I found your picture has a rule that says "POSTING IMAGES THAT ARE EITHER NOT YOU OR THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE WILL RESULT IN THE REMOVAL OF ALL IMAGES AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOUR ACCOUNT". So you're either lying, or breaking the rules. Gotcha.

He isn't lying.

That's only a 'humanlike skin suit' he wears to avoid upsetting those around himself.

As for provinces and regions, I would love to see the White Rose of Yorkshire, the Red Rose of Lancashire and I am sure there are many others who would love to see flags like, the Cornish flag, the Basque region of Spain, the Breton flag of North West France.

I could go on, but these flags all refer to regions within countries, not actual countries or conglomerates of countries.

Provincial flags are not going to happen any time soon.
  • Tchuck, ten-a-penny, AlienTwo and 1 other like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

Dude... I'm serious. You just don't understand. We are a nation, we are not a country, but still a nation. We see ourselves as Quebecers, not Canadians, because we are Quebecers. That's it. We aren't just a province, we are a real nation inside another nation. You can't understand if you already have your own flag, but we don't. A lot of us get turned off when we can't express our flag. Remember the flags you can put on parachutes and the Imponte Dukes in GTA 5? Well a lot of us got pissed off that Rockstar Games didn't include the Québec flag. And it's the same thing for every video game/forum that doesn't recognise us. I've proven multiple times already that we are a nation and I've also proven that if there's pointless things like Mars, NATO and the Red Cross (which aren't nations in any way) it would already be 1000x more appropriate to add Québec in the nationalities list. AlienTwo has no point at all, he's only been changing subject or outright lying everytime I proved him wrong. Please mods and admins, it's very important for me and other Quebecers to add the option of choosing "Québec" as a nationality on the forums because most of us don't see ourselves as Canadians. And also you've read the wikipedia article, and it clearly states that Québec is a nation, not just a province, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be in the nationalities list.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

we are not a country, 

The IPB plug-in describes the flags as Country Flags..plus a few extras those who choose to be vague about their nationality or allegience (eg EU, NATO etc)

Quebec is a province of Canada and hence, not included in the list of countries.

Maybe IPB 4+ will allow user specified flags but at present, the options are limited by the software provided.

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:06 AM Edited by Leone Family, 11 August 2017 - 02:09 AM.

Yeah but we still are a nation and we don't see ourselves as canadians. It's hard to understand when you've got your flag already but imagine someone who cannot express his real identity. That's exactly my case. How do you explain the Wales and Scotland flags then? Aren't those not countries? It's the exact same thing for Québec except it's 1000 times more important. At least in Wales or Scotland the british flag is accepted but here in Québec it's a big no no for most people to be stuck with the Canada flag. Seriously, some people here would get reeeaaal mad if I told them I literally have to argue to add Québec as a country option on an internet forums. We are VERY different from Canada because we used to be independant before the british empire annexed us and made Canada. We are exactly like Tibet in a way that we both used to be a real country before being annexed by people who are completely different from us and we don't feel being Canadian just like Tibetans don't feel being Chinese.

If there's Wales and Scotland in the list, it's absolutely not normal that there isn't Québec in the list. We're extremely more different to Canada than Wales or Scotland is to the UK in EVERY ASPECT IMAGINABLE.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

How do you explain the Wales and Scotland flags then?

Wales and Scotland are indeed countries, hence their inclusion in the IPB list.
  • The Deadite likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:16 AM Edited by AlienTwo, 11 August 2017 - 02:31 AM.

How do you explain the Wales and Scotland flags then? Aren't those not countries? It's the exact same thing for Québec except it's 1000 times more important.

I know some Scots and Welsh who might not appreciate that statement.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

How do you explain the Wales and Scotland flags then?

Wales and Scotland are indeed countries, hence their inclusion in the IPB list.

Well Québec is a nation, and in here being labeled as "Canadian" is 1000 times worse than being labeled as a "British" for the Wales or Scottish. And once again, I could also talk about Mars or the Red Cross. Those aren't nations in ANY WAY, so why do they exist but not Québec? Please, just add Québec to the IPB list. It's much more important than having all those fake nations.

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:28 AM

How do you explain the Wales and Scotland flags then? Aren't those not countries? It's the exact same thing for Québec except it's 1000 times more important.

I know some Scots and Welsh who night not appreciate that statement.

Ok let's do some comparison.

What's the main language of Scot/Welsh vs UK? English vs English. Québec vs Canada? French vs English.
What's the main religion of Scot/Welsh vs UK? Protestantism vs Protestantism. Québec vs Canada? Catholicism vs Protestantism.

What nation has been ACTIVELY struggling to be independant? Québec MUCH MORE than Scotland. (Remember the FLQ guys?)

So really, there's no reason why Québec shouldn't be included in the IPB list. It's actually shocking to see that it was left out.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Well Québec is a nation, and in here being labeled as "Canadian" is 1000 times worse than being labeled as a "British" for the Wales or Scottish.

The fact remains that Quebec is not a country (and FYI being labelled as "British" for the Welsh or Scottish is not a problem for the majority of the Welsh and Scottish people) and the list is compiled by IPB: the forum software creators, not GTAF, the forum software users.

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:32 AM

Alright, so how do I contact the IPB guys?

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:35 AM

Alright, so how do I contact the IPB guys?

https://invisioncomm....com/contact-us

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

So if I understand correctly, this company are the only ones who can add Québec to the database? They are the ones in charge of maintenance for GTAforums?

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

So if I understand correctly, this company are the only ones who can add Québec to the database? They are the ones in charge of maintenance for GTAforums?

They're not in charge of maintaining GTAForums. GTAForums is maintained by Tank and other Network Admins Rather, they (IPB Devs) develop the Forum Software that GTAForums runs on. Contacting IPB to add a Quebec flag will get it added to their software and with the next upgrade, GTAForums shall have it (only if the IPB guys add it).

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

Alright, thanks.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:43 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 11 August 2017 - 02:46 PM.

People like you are funny.
  • SWEETSAPRIK and The Deadite like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

All of this just for a flag? Lmao. There's a reason why none is an option, you know.

Also, I didn't know we had one for Mars. :blink:
  • Tchuck, ten-a-penny, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 1 other like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

I asked Voodoo to put it in last year. He's such a nice guy he did it immediately.  

• Tchuck, ten-a-penny, Femme Fatale and 2 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

All of this just for a flag? Lmao. There's a reason why none is an option, you know.

Also, I didn't know we had one for Mars. :blink:

Bro....do you even gtaforum ?  :lol:

• ten-a-penny and Femme Fatale like this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

I asked Voodoo to put it in last year. He's such a nice guy he did it immediately.  

I thought the Mars flag has been here for years. Which means there might've been some other extraterrestrial creature that invaded before you. :blink:

• ten-a-penny, AlienTwo, The Deadite and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users