Photo

GTA2 player strafe & mouse look/aim

7 replies to this topic
TempUser_
  • TempUser_

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:05 PM Edited by TempUser_, 07 August 2017 - 05:27 PM.

No one had any idea of adding to player controls strafe walking and rotating / aiming with the mouse?
At the forum gtamp, there were several messages on this topic, but quite a few people are against it, because It will give a significant advantage in multiplayer.

Some people reported that they know memory adresses where player angle is stored. 

-Rotate with mouse | It's not impossible, 'Cuz I know where's the angle was stored in the game!

Here is another interesting topic with some adresses.

a9018968c018a2503a94d5c8b844871c.gif

I'm so used to play top down games, with mouse aiming. Strafing will be nice addition to mouse look. 

What you people think about mouse look ?  :lol:

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

You mean controls like in Hotline miami? That would be nice, maybe i would finish GTA2 that way if someone would do that.

TempUser_
  • TempUser_

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:17 PM Edited by TempUser_, 07 August 2017 - 05:17 PM.

You mean controls like in Hotline miami? That would be nice, maybe i would finish GTA2 that way if someone would do that.

Exactly, you reduced my big copypasta to one sentence.  :lol: (Thanks)

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:42 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 07 August 2017 - 11:46 PM.

Who says this change will give a significant advantage? If everyone is using the same change, the playing field is leveled.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:21 PM Edited by Sektor, 08 August 2017 - 03:58 PM.

I'll code it eventually but I don't have time now. The game uses rotational controls but directional controls could be a fun option, even without mouse support.

I was hoping robotanarchy would do it, so I don't have to. It would be a nice addition to GTA2 Hackers Remix. Let him know you are interested and it might motivate him.

TempUser_
  • TempUser_

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

I'll code it eventually but I don't have time now. The game uses rotational controls but an option for directional controls could be fun option, even without mouse support.

I was hoping robotanarchy would do it, so I don't have to. It would be a nice addition to GTA2 Hackers Remix. Let him know you are interested and it might motivate him.

Thanks, seems there is no need to duplicate this post on gtaMP forum. 

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

Meh, maybe a nice idea but my opinion is that GTA 2 should be played with keyboard only. :p I don't always understand why some people so eagerly call for mouse control for old keyboard only games.

TempUser_
  • TempUser_

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

Meh, maybe a nice idea but my opinion is that GTA 2 should be played with keyboard only. :p I don't always understand why some people so eagerly call for mouse control for old keyboard only games.

It will be more modern, plus easier to play with high framerate. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users