Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should children be included in the mod? *

34 replies to this topic

Poll: __ (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Should children be included in the mod?

1. Yes, but only as an optional patch (80 votes [74.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.07%

2. Yes, but made immortal so they can't be killed (7 votes [6.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.48%

3. No, not at all (21 votes [19.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
_Zeron
  • _Zeron

R✩ Enthusiast

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:30 PM Edited by _Zeron, 07 August 2017 - 02:31 PM.

* ATTENTION: The results of the poll are more than likely not to change the direction of this mod, this is purely for statistic purposes to see how many people would rather have an uncensored version of the mod. Don't expect children to be included based on the results.

Unfortunately, this is still a topic that needs to be discussed. Despite people's best efforts to include the Bullworth students (via official poll), some still think it would spark too much unecessary controversy and it's no longer part of the mod's plans.

I personally believe it's silly to let SJWs get away with everything and going around censoring gamers like us who just like a little bit more freedom. I'm not saying it's okay to go around shooting kids in real life, but let's not forget this is a GAME, and not just a simple game, it's one where you kill people, have sex with prostitutes, join gang wars and do a lot more stuff that's acceptable... because... it's a game.

Now, modding is one of the best things to happen to gaming, we are able to break the barriers imposed by developers and/or gray suit publishers and have all the freedom in the world. Why should we give up those rights when clearly the majority of the people prefer freedom? just to cater those few people who are anti violent games despite never playing them? or just to cater people who do play those games, but have double standards?

A mod where we include all the 3D era Rockstar games, including Bully, we can have CJ, Claude, Tommy, etc but we can't have Jimmy Hopkins just because he's a kid... Well i'll be damned, one of the main characters can't even be in the mod because SJWs will cry.

Before people tell me one more time that this will spark too much controversy, allow me to give you just one example. In Skyrim, you are able to hit kids with swords, spells, etc. Even though you can't kill them, you still can give them a nasty hit! so where is the controversy there? And yes, this is the reason why I added an option in the poll to vote for immortal children, which seems to be the second best option in my opinion. There's no controversy in that, hell, Bully is a more violent game towards children than this mod if it makes them immortal.

The best option in poll in my opinion, is enabling children via an OPTIONAL patch, i'll type the word again... OPTIONAL. See, I have no reason to believe people would complain about something that's optional, if you don't want to experience it, then simply don't install the damn patch, that easy. People who would rather censor something 100% don't seem to understand that they are taking away their own rights for the future, one day you won't be able to play GTA because of that.

And for those who like to theorize that games make people more violent, studies show that it's quite the opposite. Remember those old wars between multiple countries? far more violent than nowadays? they didn't have video games, it all belongs to the human nature, not a piece of software.

So here's my little rant, be sure to cast your vote on this, keep things civilized.

• Jinx. likes this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Optional patch would be good.

Could also make it so all peds start attacking you if you hurt one of the fictional 3D models representing children.

• AmigaMix and adrienspy like this

Simon_Wales
  • Simon_Wales

Dry Cleaners Store

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:37 PM Edited by The Happy_Gamer, 07 August 2017 - 02:37 PM.

yeah right like if Danny's ever going to listen to this Zeron lol xd. 

SWEGTA
  • SWEGTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

I voted for "Yes, but only as an optional patch."
I know there's just gonna be a bunch of crybabies otherwise.

Nevermind the fact that you're playing a game that allows you to commit mass genocide.

If you're honestly concerned with the lives and safety of NPCs with child models then you seriously need to reconsider your priorities.

If this actually turns into a controversy then I'll make a video where I kill 100 children in GTA SA. It's such a silly non-issue when you really think about it.

• bigpapi_89, R4gN0r0K, Jinx. and 9 others like this

DeeAy
  • DeeAy

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:49 PM Edited by DeeAy, 07 August 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Better not, Jack Thompson might be around or smn will do Columbine, lol.

dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:55 PM Edited by dkluin, 07 August 2017 - 02:55 PM.

Because of the possible controversy that adding children will bring, it wont be implemented.

• Bigbossbro08, Simon_Wales and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

AmigaMix
  • AmigaMix

human being

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

I posted this video when the discussion first came up:

Spoiler

I'd also like to point out that UG would not even be the first mod to include a feature like this:

Spoiler

*shrug*

• Lennie. and _Zeron like this

SWEGTA
  • SWEGTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

Because of the possible controversy that adding children will bring, it wont be implemented.

It's your mod, so it's your call. Obviously.

I'm probably gonna make that video either way. I'll rig the models myself if I have to.

• Jinx., GTACardio, Lennie. and 3 others like this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Good points about the Fallout mods.

Were there any legal repercussions when people made Skyrim and Fallout mods where children could be killed? I don't think so. GTA SA is even less relevant than those games, so yeah...

This still comes up so much, because it's still a legit thing to be argued against.

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

I will reconsider my previous statement. However, this does not mean we will change our plans. At this point I'm not certain about not including it, and including it.

• SWEGTA, BobFromReboot and AmigaMix like this

Yhdf
  • Yhdf

GTA UG Custom peds guy

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Workshop 2016
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Gta is less relevant but always got heavy criticism from the media, and the gta mods take that aswell, it just takes one journal report that to others copy the report and trouble coming to us, even if we wouldn't get any legal issues, the feature could be scrapped after some problems, would be bad fame for the mod, people outside the modding/gaming community never cared to see things our way, I don't think it would be good for us if that'd happen, we're one of the most popular mods for gta sa nowadays, we have to care about stuff because gta modding is also getting popular in the media.
  • Davve95 likes this

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

I'm probably gonna make that video either way. I'll rig the models myself if I have to.

Is that really neccessary?

SWEGTA
  • SWEGTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:40 PM Edited by SWEGTA, 07 August 2017 - 03:42 PM.

even if we wouldn't get any legal issues.

What possible legal penalty could there be for shooting a kid in a video game?
I don't recall seeing that written in any legal document.

Is that really neccessary?

No, but neither is your mod.
We both do these things out of interest. You're making a mod for fun (I assume).
I'm considering doing this to convey a message.

• Jinx., GTACardio, Lennie. and 1 other like this

Yhdf
  • Yhdf

GTA UG Custom peds guy

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Workshop 2016
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

@Swegta I said that because there really isn't, but you never know, australian police got pissed about a mod that pays homage to them...
  • Simon_Wales likes this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

You need to add another option to the poll.

Yes, but only if compatible with Madleg Ragdoll.

• R4gN0r0K, GTACardio, Lennie. and 3 others like this

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

I don't see the problem with it being optional.

AmigaMix
  • AmigaMix

human being

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:41 PM Edited by AmigaMix, 07 August 2017 - 08:56 PM.

@Yhdf: The case you're referring to bears little resemblance to this one, though. Using imagery, symbols etc. directly linked to real institutions/people in violent games is hardly comparable to the inclusion of killable children in an already """edgy""" game. 

____

I think you guys should feel free to pursue your vision of the mod, without the fear of repercussions. Is there really a need to conform to ambiguous, loosely defined and rather hypocritical "game ethics"? Why should you sacrifice your artistic freedom to please some kind of "anti-fun-boogeyman"? 

Nagletz
  • Nagletz

There is no method in this madness..

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:42 PM Edited by Nagletz, 07 August 2017 - 05:45 PM.

I didn't voted. IMO just leave them only in skin selector and maybe a ped spawner.
Even if you out them as optional mod, this can be attended too.

P.S. situation is becoming hot...

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

No. Why are we even discussing this?

• Davve95 likes this

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

I originally was in strong support of adding children to the mod, simply because there's the Bullworth Academy and a high school in LC, so having students, or adult-height peds with school uniforms would be a rather obvious choice. And then all the white knights came, whining how wrong it'd be.

Now, since we're having this discussion, I think option, or optional mod pack would be perfect. Remember, these peds don't even have to be children per se - they can be teenagers, 16-20 years old, so many of them wouldn't even have to be shorter or skinnier than regular adults. Just regular people with school uniforms, and to avoid any whining from politically correct authoritarians, just call it a "student pack" or something similar, avoiding any specific details and terms they could be triggered by.

Look at the first Carmageddon, and the character of Die Anna - she was portrayed yb 12 or 14 year old girl, or Max Payne, where baby is literally slaughtered, The Sims, Life is Strange, or even different forms of media - Song of Ice and Fire novels (aka Game of Thrones), Watchmen, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, just to mention few. Even Harry Potter, being known as a gateway fantasy for many, accessible to children, yet featuring couple of nasty adolescent deaths. Do I even have to mention all these young adult "novels", where Mary Sue protagonists choose between bestiality and necrophilia?

The truth is, if someone wants to be offended, they'll find a way to be - that's how regressives operate, and once they get offended, they do their best to completely shut it down, enforce their status quo on it.

Having students itself should not be perceived as immoral and evil, since there's no clear indication of their age, but having them as an optional pack or just a setting option should be simply perfect and no one should complain about it. If someone doesn't want them, disable them (or don't enable them in the first place), end of the story.

• .Bach likes this

_Zeron
  • _Zeron

R✩ Enthusiast

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

For all the reasons me and the others mentioned and the fact that the students play a big role in Bullworth, it's not Bullworth without them.

Care to explain why you're against this?

Inan-Ahammad
  • Inan-Ahammad

Project Props - Mapper

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Really dont get the point of this small thing to start a new topic.Well,the UG team is working right?So they knows what will be best for them.And i also want the children's to be implanted but still its there's mod.So there's wish.What will be and what wont be.

_Zeron
  • _Zeron

R✩ Enthusiast

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

Really dont get the point of this small thing to start a new topic.Well,the UG team is working right?So they knows what will be best for them.And i also want the children's to be implanted but still its there's mod.So there's wish.What will be and what wont be.

Jesus that grammar...

Anyway, if what you're saying is true then it's NEVER a good time to talk about anything regarding this mod, I personally think it's okay to talk about these things sometimes, especially in this case where a feature that was agreed months ago isn't in their plans anymore. Even if creating a thread for this doesn't seem justifiable for you, it's still justifiable for other people who really think children should be added and we shouldn't have silly restrictions.

I'm just fighting for freedom here, if you felt this was an unecessary thread then you should refrain from posting here. People have the right to have an opinion, people can post here if they like this idea or hate it (that's what the poll is about), I don't understand how you don't find this good enough for a thread of it's own, there's already plenty of replies here, so this is indeed a hot topic.

• .Bach and BobFromReboot like this

SWEGTA
  • SWEGTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Because not everyone shares the same opinion as you.

• R4gN0r0K, Carbonox, GTACardio and 2 others like this

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:37 AM Edited by R4gN0r0K, 10 August 2017 - 11:50 AM.

add them in, if needed as an optional mod pack. or if you leave out children, make bullworth inaccessible too, since why should we visit a school if its empty?

if you get triggered by children being in a gta mod, you really should think about if that's your biggest thing to worry about in life.

also a part of GTA's playerbase is under 18,  so if they dont want to kill kids in a game they should think about why they are playing that game in the first place

Also:

6ea.gif

• .Bach, GTACardio and BobFromReboot like this

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

You wanna do the dance, for old times sake?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

I'd like to see them in because imo, Bullworth wouldn't feel like Bullworth without the recognizable student npcs from Bully. I don't see a mod adding some characters from a game to another game where the previous game's map and feel is being emulated to be that controversial. 

• R4gN0r0K likes this

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

Maybe another option would be adding them but never being able to have lethal weapons near places with kids (so only slingshots and such with the possibility to knock them out rather then killing them)?
That would fit the whole Bully image better as well.

This does not mean I'm against killing virtual shapes that resemble so called children (in reality you shouldn't kill anyone D:).

As an optional patch however will more then likely be less work (if it is added in the first place).

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Ofcourse they must be there. Bullworth without children is not a Bullworth.

• GTACardio likes this

VictorViceVity
  • VictorViceVity

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Children should be in the mod. But I don't think you need to kill them.

Instead of them dieing. They should just simply get knocked out, with the animation of them shaking and quivering on the floor. Rockstar implemented this feature in there own Bully game. So there shouldn't be any lawsuit by doing this. Because no kids are getting killed, only beaten up.

So nobody is getting sued. If so then why are you allowed to beat up and abuse young girls and boys in the original Bully game?

Doesn't make sense!

So I would just follow in Rockstars foot steps when doing this. Because it would be very hypicritical if we got in trouble for implementing something they did.

And there is an animation in GTA SA that makes a ped lay on the ground shaking in pain. This would be nice to use for that feature.

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

Yeah just make it so they can always be revived by medics.

Heck, give CJ the medic animation and let us revive their quivering bodies ourselves for a little good citizen bonus to balance it out even more, so you can be good if you want.

• GTACardio likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users