Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think we will see any deserts this time around?

15 replies to this topic
Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:17 PM Edited by Gtaman_92, 05 August 2017 - 04:18 PM.

It appears that rdr 2 will have more of a grassy and mountainous landscape compared to the previous game.

I'm  pretty excited about the new setting but at the same time I'm hoping that we will at least have a small desert somewhere on the map.

It just wouldn't feel too western without it imo.
  • confederatestatesgta, highzman420 and gtaoplayer like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Pretty sure the last scene of the first trailer shows a deserty area. 

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

i really hope so. the desert is an iconic part of the wild west. i would be happy even if it was a smaller desert. maybe around the same size as gta 5s desert. maybe a little bigger.

• Gtaman_92, tonko and gtaoplayer like this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:40 PM Edited by Gtaman_92, 05 August 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Looked more like a semi grassy prairie to me.
  • Dee., Pink Pineapple and Holland_Hicks like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:59 PM Edited by Zello, 05 August 2017 - 09:00 PM.

I don't think so I think they're going for something different this time around I'm fine with it it'd be nice to have a different experience in the prairies compared to the desert in RDR1.
  • Efreet, Gtaman_92 and Neon_Dreaming like this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

Looked more like a semi grassy prairie to me.

Yeah, more reminiscent of the Great Plains of West Elizabeth, than the true desert of New Austin. 

• Efreet and Gtaman_92 like this

Drunkard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

Based on everything we've seen so far - trailer, screenshots and the map with the Great Plains being the southern-most portion, l don't think so, not yet anyway. If the leaked map is real, it spans directly away from the desert. Maybe locating in the prairies and Rockies means there's going to be a strong Native American presence. 

• Efreet, Gtaman_92 and Holland_Hicks like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:05 PM Edited by Jabalous, 06 August 2017 - 12:06 PM.

I don't think we will see anything that resembles the deserts of New Austin, at least based on what we've seen so far. I can understand why R* would go this way and that's to create a completely new mood and atmosphere for the game, and I'm fine with that. It will be great if they create a large DLC with a new map and adventure that takes us back to the southern borders and running on the RDR2 engine, but that's very unlikely. 

• Gtaman_92, Neon_Dreaming, Holland_Hicks and 1 other like this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

I don't think we will see anything that resembles the deserts of New Austin, at least based on what we've seen so far. I can understand why R* would go this way and that's to create a completely new mood and atmosphere for the game, and I'm fine with that. It will be great if they create a large DLC with a new map and adventure that takes us back to the southern borders and running on the RDR2 engine, but that's very unlikely. 

Yeah! It could be just like that Liberty City DLC we.... Oh wait never mind. :bored:  

• 1898 likes this

Drunkard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Yeah! It could be just like that Liberty City DLC we.... Oh wait never mind. :bored:  

One thing I always wondered about when playing RDR1 was how John would say something like "I wonder what happened here?" whenever he came across some ruins or old battleground. I always thought that was some sort of tease.

• confederatestatesgta and highzman420 like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

im ready for a change of direction. I love the grass-y mountainous setting of this game. Reminds me of hell on wheels and the M7

• Boone_Tuva likes this

ColePhelps
  • ColePhelps

Browsing the forums since 2004

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think the map will have a revenant feeling to it

• Gtaman_92, tonko and SenseiAboobz like this

highzman420
  • highzman420

What we lose in the fire, We will find in the ashes.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

One thing I always wondered about when playing RDR1 was how John would say something like "I wonder what happened here?" whenever he came across some ruins or old battleground. I always thought that was some sort of tease.
i definitely want to see some War Simulation. Idc how historically correct, i just hope we can experience what a battles between whites and natives was like.
  • confederatestatesgta likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Maybe there will be a desert but from the trailer forests and plains seem to be the focus, I like this green heartland environment they are going for. In RDR it was mainly a dusty and dry landscape with only a small amount of forest area, maybe it will be the other way around this time.
  • LibertyCityGraffitiKid and highzman420 like this

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

$ $ $

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

no desert sorry OP but this isnt grand theft sombrero, grasslands will do fine

highzman420
  • highzman420

What we lose in the fire, We will find in the ashes.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Maybe there will be a desert but from the trailer forests and plains seem to be the focus, I like this green heartland environment they are going for. In RDR it was mainly a dusty and dry landscape with only a small amount of forest area, maybe it will be the other way around this time.

could very well be a desert part in the game,who knows? But personally i would love to see a nice deserted landscape.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users