Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are These Really the Same Characters?

18 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these really the same characters? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Are these really the same characters?

1. Yes, of course (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. Possibly (9 votes [39.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

3. No (8 votes [34.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

4. I don't have opinion (1 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
povke
  • povke

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:33 PM Edited by povke, 21 August 2017 - 08:46 PM.

I've been wondering this forever. Are they really the same characters?

https://vignette2.wi...=20170804140816

https://vignette3.wi...=20170804180236

https://vignette2.wi...=20170804191556

And this one is named poolguy in gta3.img:

https://vignette3.wi...=20170804190726

james115spoon
  • james115spoon

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

Although I can't answer for definite, I don't think canonically they are the same characters, it was just laziness on Rockstar's part reusing the same models.

This reminded me of a video I recently seen on the beta models for GSF homies and Ballas which was quite interesting:  , it might also help answer some questions you have.

Also, didn't they also use one of those models for the owner of the gas station in Catalina's mission Tanker Commander? If so, then they're probably not the same character storyline wise, but it's fun to imagine they are I guess :p

povke
  • povke

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:19 PM Edited by povke, 21 August 2017 - 09:05 PM.

Although I can't answer for definite, I don't think canonically they are the same characters, it was just laziness on Rockstar's part reusing the same models.

This reminded me of a video I recently seen on the beta models for GSF homies and Ballas which was quite interesting:  , it might also help answer some questions you have.

Also, didn't they also use one of those models for the owner of the gas station in Catalina's mission Tanker Commander? If so, then they're probably not the same character storyline wise, but it's fun to imagine they are I guess :p

Well, none of those moldels were used in the Tanker Commander mission. And the models of the gang members of the GSF also have nothing to do with these characters.

SanLiberty
  • SanLiberty

What are you looking at?

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

Well, Bogman and the ballas are DEFINETLY the same person, if u don't know what i mean i mean that the guy who's in Jizzy's place and after coming from the toilet in Burger Shot says ''Yo, that sh*t sucks! Damn!'' to OG Loc after he singed. The third guy is the same too. The first one... well... I don't know.

• povke likes this

povke
  • povke

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:01 PM Edited by povke, 21 August 2017 - 09:05 PM.

Well, Bogman and the ballas are DEFINETLY the same person, if u don't know what i mean i mean that the guy who's in Jizzy's place and after coming from the toilet in Burger Shot says ''Yo, that sh*t sucks! Damn!'' to OG Loc after he singed. The third guy is the same too. The first one... well... I don't know.

I think that the persons in the 2nd and the 3rd photos are definitely the same characters. I also think that the pool player is a beta character. To me, the persons in the 1st photo are a real mystery.

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

They are just similar models. They can't be the same person anyways because you can find groups of homies with the same model multiple times.

povke
  • povke

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:25 PM Edited by povke, 21 August 2017 - 09:05 PM.

They are just similar models. They can't be the same person anyways because you can find groups of homies with the same model multiple times.

Even though there is sometimes incorrect information in GTA Wiki, but these two pages explain a lot:

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Bogman

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Dope

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

The first aren't the same person to me. Perhaps they may be related somehow, lost brothers, or it's just Rockstar's lazyness.

The second couple are definitely the same guy - Bogman, whom I suspect to be some sort of leader or high ranking member of the Ballas.

The third couple is surely the same or they may be twin brothers. Though I rather think that they're the same, Dope started taking drugs and it made him go crazier.

• povke likes this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

Every single day, every time I pray, I'll be missing you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:22 AM Edited by SMACKED!, 21 August 2017 - 12:28 AM.

Absolutely not. They're just re-used models because of Rockstar's lack of work to create new models for the Introduction's video. All what Rockstar did was just body swap them and guess what, they re-used the voice actors.

Spoiler

povke
  • povke

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:03 PM Edited by povke, 21 August 2017 - 10:50 PM.

Absolutely not. They're just re-used models because of Rockstar's lack of work to create new models for the Introduction's video. All what Rockstar did was just body swap them and guess what, they re-used the voice actors.

Spoiler

Let's not forget this logic too:

The second guy (Bogman) is later seen hanging with Jizzy while Ballas actually did have ties with Loco Syndicate. At first, he even expressed concern on whether or not they can trust one of the betraying members of Grove Street Families (Big Smoke), worrying that it may be a trap. It's even possible that Big Smoke himself had sent him to work for Jizzy and Loco Syndicate in San Fierro.

The third guy (Dope) at first could be a cool Balla OG, but later got addicted to crack and even began to sell it dressed as Grove OG. For example: Big Bear was once a high-ranking Grove OG too, but later got into crack addiction. What makes you think that Dope couldn't get the same?

The first guy is probably not the same - it was probably just Rockstar's lazyness to make completely new different models. However, there still is a very little chance that he's the same - he might be got beatrayed by his Balla homies and was threatened to get killed for some reason, so he joined Grove in order to get safer.

And the forth guy is probably a separate beta character.

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:54 PM Edited by SMACKED!, 22 August 2017 - 12:01 AM.

1) Bogman is a derogatory term for a farm/rural guy, this guy is actually the second character ever to be seen in the game's lore as he's CJ's taxi driver in the second cutscene of the whole game, Pulaski even calls him a "stupid mexican" so I don't think there's a chance to him to be a Balla. This guy's relevance in the whole game is null and unspecific as he exchanges roles in the whole plot. And about the concern thing, all I can think of is that they probably meant CJ or Toreno himself to be the rats as CJ was secretly planning an attack against the Loco and Toreno was a federal agent. And I can remember the Balla guy at the introduction pointing out that "it might be some kind of a trap since we capping one of their OG's".

2) I know but Big Bear didn't become a Balla but a slave, B-Dup actually didn't BECOME a Balla, he WORKED with the Ballas just like Ryder, remember CJ pointing out he was a "snake hanging out with the Ballas like if they was long life pals" meaning that he wasn't actually a Balla but he was hanging out with them and Big Bear didn't wore green nor purple in the whole plot.

3) At the Introduction video this guy acts big time like he runs things or something and he seems to be a high ranked member as only the high ranked members of gangs cooperate with each other unlike those Ballas/Vagos/Families/Aztecas you seen on the streets that no matter what alliance they still insult each other. I don't really think he could be threatened if he was the one who was running things or a very important member since he could've been making a lot of money for his own gang, and I don't have a shadow of doubt that if he'd joined the Grove he'd get clapped right away.

• povke likes this

Pablo Javier
  • Pablo Javier

Lonely and Friendly

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:03 AM

I think the 1 is Kane, the 2 is Litte Weasel and the 3 i don't know xD

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

@SMACKED!

Bogman doesn't appear in the intro. There is no driver in the Taxi.

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

@SMACKED!

Yes he does.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

@SMACKED!

Yes he does.

Stupid me, I haven't thought about the cutscene before. I checked the .ifp and it's indeed Bogman... sorry man.

povke
  • povke

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:50 PM Edited by povke, 22 August 2017 - 07:50 PM.

@SMACKED!

Yes he does.

Stupid me, I haven't thought about the cutscene before. I checked the .ifp and it's indeed Bogman... sorry man.

Me too. I just used CamHack and found out that it was really Bogman as a taxi driver.

• Jeansowaty likes this

povke
  • povke

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

@SMACKED!

Yes he does.

His appearance as a taxi driver during In the beginning doesn't disprove that he's the same character. He could have worked as a taxi driver in order to look clean and not suspicious (since he worked for Jizzy and was involved in the drug operation as he appeared during Ice Cold Killa). I know that his appearance in the very beginning might be just a coincidence but, since all main antagonists appear in very beginning in the 3D Universe, it also might be something R* left for players to find out.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Kizoky
  • Kizoky

Reality is illusion

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

They aren't the same person, Rockstar created 3 new peds specifically for that prequel video.
The Bogman is mostly used as placeholder ped, you weren't supposed to know what ped drove the car. Don't jump to conclusions, you are trying to find logic in that which is useless

IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

No, they're not. Only similar models, because sometimes Rockstar is too lazy to make a new one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users