Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was it intended for Michael to discover that Jimmy and Tracey were not his kids?

14 replies to this topic
OhDee
  • OhDee

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can't find an existing thread about this, so I thought I'd start one just out of curiosity for everyone's interpretation.

A lot of things have always bugged me about Michael's family, and I think that Rockstar may have been laying some groundwork to prove that Michael's children were not his. Here's why I believe this....

1) When Amanda's drunk, she'll tell Michael she didn't like him at first and was interested in "the other guy" he was with. It's also revealed in hangouts that she got pregnant with Tracey almost immediately after she met Michael and was also working as a hooker at the time.

2) Amanda doesn't answer the question when Michael asks if she ever slept with Trevor, but says "I feel sick". If she did sleep with him, at what point did it happen if she and Michael got together so quickly due to the pregnancy?  

3) When you play tennis as Trevor with Amanda, it's strongly implied something sexual happened between them at some point.

4) Has anyone ever noticed how in the painting of the kids in Michael's living room, Jimmy looks remarkably similar to Brad in terms of his hair colour and style?

5) Michael himself even questions if the kids are his own, and Tracey will say she wishes Trevor was her father.

6) If you call Jimmy up as Trevor on the drive to the airfield to get to North Yankton, Trevor tells Jimmy he's always doubted if Michael was his dad. Trevor also digs at lot at Michael about being a father and when he reminds him of Amanda's past with prostitution Michael gets really pissy!

6) Rarely do fictional families ever have similar appearance due to casting limitations, but those kids look nothing like Michael. Surely the animation department could have worked on it and improved the family resemblance a little bit, if one was intended?

7) Tracey's personality is a lot like Trevor's. She's into drugs and alcohol, she does a lot of stuff to make Michael's life harder. She's happy to threaten to have her own mother killed in the very first scene she's in, which seems very "Trevor" to me haha! She loves attention and is kind of "flighty" in a similar way to how Trevor is constantly into something or someone's business, darting from one big drama to the next.

8) Jimmy is a hell of a lot like Lester when you break it down, Michael even says so himself when you're trailing the janitor guy in the FIB raid set up. They're both slightly overweight, both have issues in terms of health and socializing, they're both tropey "shut-in gamers". They both have absolutely no tolerance for Michael's bullsh*t and will back talk him like there's no tomorrow, and both of them like starting sh*t online too.

9) Tracey is a natural blonde by the looks of it from the old pictures in the De Santa house, and obviously that's nothing conclusive but it's what originally lead me to wonder about all this....

The way Michael gets his family back together felt so rushed to me, so I've always wondered if Rockstar intended to do more with that element. I think it seems like they laid a few clues to potentially expand on who was their real daddy in some way, but probably changed their mind because it would be so grim to find out for sure that the kids aren't Michael's and undoubtedly it would have sent him into a tailspin of depression and violent behaviour which the tone and length of the game didn't really allow for.

Anyway, just a theory that's something a bit different to the whole Chiliad thing or if we're ever going to see story DLC haha! 

• Algonquin Assassin, universetwisters, UltraGizmo64 and 7 others like this

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ooooooo, interesting. I never actually noticed or thought about this.

• OhDee likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dude you just made my head explode

• Luna Lovegood, UltraGizmo64 and OhDee like this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can't find an existing thread about this, so I thought I'd start one just out of curiosity for everyone's interpretation.

A lot of things have always bugged me about Michael's family, and I think that Rockstar may have been laying some groundwork to prove that Michael's children were not his. Here's why I believe this....

1) When Amanda's drunk, she'll tell Michael she didn't like him at first and was interested in "the other guy" he was with. It's also revealed in hangouts that she got pregnant with Tracey almost immediately after she met Michael and was also working as a hooker at the time.

2) Amanda doesn't answer the question when Michael asks if she ever slept with Trevor, but says "I feel sick". If she did sleep with him, at what point did it happen if she and Michael got together so quickly due to the pregnancy?  

3) When you play tennis as Trevor with Amanda, it's strongly implied something sexual happened between them at some point.

4) Has anyone ever noticed how in the painting of the kids in Michael's living room, Jimmy looks remarkably similar to Brad in terms of his hair colour and style?

5) Michael himself even questions if the kids are his own, and Tracey will say she wishes Trevor was her father.

6) If you call Jimmy up as Trevor on the drive to the airfield to get to North Yankton, Trevor tells Jimmy he's always doubted if Michael was his dad. Trevor also digs at lot at Michael about being a father and when he reminds him of Amanda's past with prostitution Michael gets really pissy!

6) Rarely do fictional families ever have similar appearance due to casting limitations, but those kids look nothing like Michael. Surely the animation department could have worked on it and improved the family resemblance a little bit, if one was intended?

7) Tracey's personality is a lot like Trevor's. She's into drugs and alcohol, she does a lot of stuff to make Michael's life harder. She's happy to threaten to have her own mother killed in the very first scene she's in, which seems very "Trevor" to me haha! She loves attention and is kind of "flighty" in a similar way to how Trevor is constantly into something or someone's business, darting from one big drama to the next.

8) Jimmy is a hell of a lot like Lester when you break it down, Michael even says so himself when you're trailing the janitor guy in the FIB raid set up. They're both slightly overweight, both have issues in terms of health and socializing, they're both tropey "shut-in gamers". They both have absolutely no tolerance for Michael's bullsh*t and will back talk him like there's no tomorrow, and both of them like starting sh*t online too.

9) Tracey is a natural blonde by the looks of it from the old pictures in the De Santa house, and obviously that's nothing conclusive but it's what originally lead me to wonder about all this....

The way Michael gets his family back together felt so rushed to me, so I've always wondered if Rockstar intended to do more with that element. I think it seems like they laid a few clues to potentially expand on who was their real daddy in some way, but probably changed their mind because it would be so grim to find out for sure that the kids aren't Michael's and undoubtedly it would have sent him into a tailspin of depression and violent behaviour which the tone and length of the game didn't really allow for.

Anyway, just a theory that's something a bit different to the whole Chiliad thing or if we're ever going to see story DLC haha! 

Now THIS would have been a great idea for the game!
  • OhDee likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rip andrea. a great twd character.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

that is a good theory. a lot of the evidence makes sense. but i guess we will never know. that would be cool if trevor was the dad. i wish rockstar gave us more in the story with the family.

• OhDee likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

The thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion. I think they left it ambiguous on purpose.

• OhDee likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Pedinhuh, 2 weeks ago.

While this sounds like a great theory, it's sounds too much like a plot of those stupid soap operas that air on TV around here...

Either way, this truly is very interesting.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Great thread, probably one of the best since the V sub started to wither up and die.

I haven't thought about this before, but you make some great points. To be honest, it makes a lot of sense. I am sure there are other little indications throughout the game too. Perhaps it isn't necessarily supposed to be cannon or part of the story, but a little implication to give the family more depth.

We all know this would fit with Amanda's character and the nature of her relationship with Michael.

The biggest and somehow most likely point is that regarding Jimmy. I agree with the suggestions that you made, but you left out their clear similarities in dialogue style, their way of communicating, and their utterly cynical view of reality.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

I kinda think that Jimmy and Michael look alike. You gotta look close and at certain angles but it's there.

As far as the hair goes, recessive genes? My dad had brown hair and my mom had red hair but I'm a blonde somehow.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

OhDee
  • OhDee

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

While this sounds like a great theory, it's sounds too much like a plot of those stupid soap operas that air on TV around here...

Oh, I don't disagree with that haha! I think that could be why R* didn't dig any deeper into it as it would stray into the "soap opera" ballpark and honestly, I'm not sure how they would have made that kind of story arch "mission based" either so they probably scrapped it to streamline the game if it was ever meant to happen at all. 

Great thread, probably one of the best since the V sub started to wither up and die.

I haven't thought about this before, but you make some great points. To be honest, it makes a lot of sense. I am sure there are other little indications throughout the game too. Perhaps it isn't necessarily supposed to be cannon or part of the story, but a little implication to give the family more depth.

We all know this would fit with Amanda's character and the nature of her relationship with Michael.

The biggest and somehow most likely point is that regarding Jimmy. I agree with the suggestions that you made, but you left out their clear similarities in dialogue style, their way of communicating, and their utterly cynical view of reality.

Thank you! :) Oh for sure, there are probably half a dozen more little things I haven't picked up on in the game somewhere. I think you could be right on all counts, it totally fits the characterization and their back-stories but it absolutely could have just been for depth rather than any planned expansion on it in the game. 

Jimmy and Lester's? Michael says they both sound exactly alike in the janitor stalking mission, that's the second thing that make me wonder about all this because they way Jimmy has absolutely no time for Michael's nostalgia and sentimentality and what not, which is very similar to the way Lester is with him too. He's so awkward in person but so "powerful" online, very similarly to Jimmy too.

And to be honest, I kinda like the idea of them becoming a father and son hacking team hahaha! 

I kinda think that Jimmy and Michael look alike. You gotta look close and at certain angles but it's there.

As far as the hair goes, recessive genes? My dad had brown hair and my mom had red hair but I'm a blonde somehow.

It could totally explain it. I'm no expert in genetics, it's just what originally made me curious about their paternity. Also, Michael's hair appears to be black and black hair apparently significantly lessens the chances of a blonde haired child (big chance if one parent is brown haired apparently) at least according to an online genetics calculator haha!  

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

So there was a possible Amanda, Trevor, Brad, and Lestor fourway. *shudders*

Seriously though it's a very interesting and well though out theory, enough hints and references that it goes beyond mere concidence.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well f*ck me. This would have been brilliant if Trevor revealed it when he found out about Brad.

Double the tension.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well I guess it's also worth pointing out Trevor is very overprotective of Tracey. He seems to care about her even more than Jimmy. Maybe there's some paternal instinct there?

Anyway cool theory. Wouldn't be suprised if Rockstar planned it at one point.

OhDee
  • OhDee

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

So there was a possible Amanda, Trevor, Brad, and Lestor fourway. *shudders*

Seriously though it's a very interesting and well though out theory, enough hints and references that it goes beyond mere concidence.

I know, right? Hahaha! I wouldn't put it past Amanda to be honest, the list that gets revealed during the game of the guys she's slept with is ridiculous! Thanks, I'm glad you agree. 

Well f*ck me. This would have been brilliant if Trevor revealed it when he found out about Brad.

Double the tension.

I never thought about that. Man, it could have really upped the stakes between those two, but it would have destroyed all trust between them and put the final score in jeopardy, I guess. 

Well I guess it's also worth pointing out Trevor is very overprotective of Tracey. He seems to care about her even more than Jimmy. Maybe there's some paternal instinct there?

Anyway cool theory. Wouldn't be suprised if Rockstar planned it at one point.

That's a good point, the way he is with Tracey could totally have been there to tie into questioning her paternity. Also, it's always kinda bugged me how Trevor says she "sat on his lap when she was two years old"....Why two years old? Where was he for the first two years of her life? He and Michael had always been tight, so did he take off to prevent himself from blabbing about how he and Amanda had been up to no good in the time frame that fit her pregnancy? There's so many things that are said that get cast in a different light when you start to question if those kids were really meant to be Michael's haha! 

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Darealbandicoot, 2 weeks ago.

Haha wow this is actually an interesting theory! I would say that Jimmy is Michael's son but Tracey being Trevors daughter actually does make a bit of sense and sounds kind of cool haha.The way he is overprotective of her and comments that"Your breaking your fathers heart you little tramp"As far as I know Michael never comments about her but DOES have optional phone calls with her. Ultimately I would say they ARE Michael's but its fun to speculate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users