7 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:25 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 04 August 2017 - 01:44 AM.

Introduction
Havana Outfit Fix is a modification for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City utilizing the CLEO Library. It checks for the misplacement of the Havana outfit pickup and repositions it to the correct location. After completing "Two Bit Hit", the Havana outfit pickup is created in a clothing shop in Little Havana. But doing "Cop Land" or "No Escape?" afterwards causes the game to misplace the pickup behind an invisible barrier. This can normally be avoided if those missions are completed before "Two Bit Hit" but with this mod you can complete the missions in whatever order you want without the pickup being misplaced.

Installation
  • Download the mod at GTAGarage. If you are unable to open SEHavana.rar, rename the file to SEHavana.zip.
  • Download CLEO for Vice City at http://cleo.li/.
  • From the CLEO download, copy VC.CLEO.asi into Vice City's folder.
  • If CLEO.asi already exists in the folder, you must delete that file.
  • From this mod download, place the CLEO folder containing SEHavana.cs into Vice City's folder.
This mod has been tested only on VC v1.00 US.

Source
Spoiler
  • Marsi4eg, Blackbird88, R4gN0r0K and 10 others like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

Wow it actually works on existing save games! I guess you keep forcing the coords or something. Source please? Curious to see what you did.

• Mega and LaDiDa like this

Crspy
  • Crspy

Kick

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:24 AM Edited by Crspy, 03 August 2017 - 09:27 AM.

Wow it actually works on existing save games! I guess you keep forcing the coords or something. Source please? Curious to see what you did.

I guess it checks if the player passed these two missions then if  Pickup was created  then Destroy it  and create another one in the correct position. ( since it's stored in one global variable after all )

• Blackbird88, Mega and LaDiDa like this

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:44 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 03 August 2017 - 07:46 PM.

That wouldn't work if you failed the missions, which also cause the pickups to be misplaced. Want to make another guess? Blackbird88's guess is closer.

Crspy
  • Crspy

Kick

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

That wouldn't work if you failed the missions, which also cause the pickups to be misplaced. Want to make another guess? Blackbird88's guess is closer.

Okay another guess , Check if the pickup at the wrong position is available or will respawn  (048C)   ,  then destroy the pickup and create it in the correct position......  i presume that should work correctly ?

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

is it done the same way as silent moved save in amdd dogg's house?

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:52 PM

Source please? Curious to see what you did.

Yes. Sanny Builder and GTA3script, please.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:50 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 04 August 2017 - 01:52 AM.

I did use 048C to check for the pickup's existence at the location but I didn't delete and recreate the pickup. I went through all the pickups in the game to find the matching pickup and just changed its coordinates. I've updated my post with the source code.
  • -Anti-, Blackbird88, Tomasak and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users