Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's your favorite and least favorite portion of the story?

20 replies to this topic
Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:04 AM Edited by Johnny Spaz, 03 August 2017 - 01:05 AM.

As someone who has replayed GTA IV numerous times (I even lost count) I can't really say which part of the story I like the least, my favorite portion would be the beginning mainly because you're a blank slate and the missions are really simple yet entertaining then my other favorite would be the impossible Trinity portion of the game cause of all the missions leading up to it and all 3 protags in one spot together.

If I HAD to pick my least favorite would be the ending part cause the game is about to end :( and Pegorino isn't really that interesting and kind of annoying. What's yours?
  • Journey_95, ToyGT_one, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:21 AM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 03 August 2017 - 01:22 AM.

It's even hard to pick a favorite, but my favorite part is the Broker part when Niko just arrives. If I had to pinpoint a favorite moment I'd pick the cutscene where Niko kills Vlad. It's the first asshole that he kills for himself, it makes him meet the game's main villain and Niko basically confesses his motivation to come to Liberty City. He also Slav Squats.

My least favorite(s) would be 90% of the 'Deal' ending.

• gunziness and Johnny Spaz like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

The Manny and Brucie missions are a chore and happen at the same time (I focus on the Faustin missions before doing Brucie's). I mean Brucie is at least a fun character but his missions are lame, Manny is just obnoxious in general.

My favourite parts are the first arc (Niko arriving to killing Faustin), its just executed very well and I love the Russian Mob & Niko just settling in LC vibe.

I also like the McReary Saga and their tragedy and of course the Diamond arc is exciting as well. The missions for the IAA are also intriguing, I really Niko & UL Paper Contact's conversations and these missions feel really important (love GTA IV but at times like during the Bernie or Manny missions it does feel filler esque).

I agree that Pergorino kind of sucks, but at least we have Gravelli's missions at the same time and he is pretty compelling.

• Johnny Spaz, Neon_Dreaming and DOUGL4S1 like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:07 AM

Favorite: Executing Vlad. "No one f*cks with my family!"
Least favorite: Niko betrayed by Michelle.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

I didn't mean moments of the game, I meant stages of the game like at the beginning, when you're in Bohan, or you're in Alderney with the mafia, etc. Not scenes lol

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

I really like the part when Roman and Niko move onto Bohan and I didn't really like the Alderney section.
  • Johnny Spaz likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Coldest Winter

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

It all flows well. I prefer deal over revenge, I like being an awkward looking Eastern Europe guy in Bohan sticking out like a sour thumb, dressed like I'm still in Hove Beach.

If I had to pick, sometimes I just want to get Mikhail dead and out of the way. That small like post Vlad pre antagonist Dimitri phase.
  • Johnny Spaz likes this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

A dance with the Devil might last you forever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

I like when Niko and Roman are at their lowest point and hideout in Bohan after Dimitry betrays Niko. And the whole tying loose ends at the end of the game by finally killing Darko, Dimitry, and then Pegorino felt very rewarding, too.

Least favorite - the whole working for the Bratva (Vlad, Faustin, Dimitry) part of the game.

• theGTAking101 and Johnny Spaz like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

I've never been that fond of the Bohan strand. I get that it's to serve as refuge so Niko and Roman can get their sh*t back together, but it's probably the part of the story I look the least forward to going through because Manny's such an annoying c*nt that I don't want to do his missions.

Other than that small blemish I love the rest from the start, middle and end.

• B Dawg, eCola and Neon_Dreaming like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, I too would consider the Bohan strand the weakest.

• Algonquin Assassin and eCola like this

Dan_1983
  • Dan_1983

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

Favourite was Broker and my least favourite was Alderney. Bohan was so so for me. I liked Liz Torres, but Manny was an annoying prick.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

Favourite was Broker and my least favourite was Alderney. Bohan was so so for me. I liked Liz Torres, but Manny was an annoying prick.

But what about the streets bro, you gonna help your boy Manny clean up the streets. ;)
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Niko'sCousin11
  • Niko'sCousin11

Nightclubs, Women, Titties!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:36 AM

But what about the streets bro, you gonna help your boy Manny clean up the streets. ;)

"Yo streets, take no prisoner, we gotta clean up dem streets from them other leechers

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

I liked the very beginning the most - just the most atmospheric part, and stuff. Packie and Gerry's missions weren't bad either, both the bank heist and kidnapping arc were pretty entertaining, even though it felt sort of predictable the latter would end in bitter loss.

Manny can f*ck off and clean those streets himself though, man.

• Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

Dan_1983
  • Dan_1983

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:23 PM Edited by Dan_1983, 11 August 2017 - 12:25 PM.

That's what donut eating cops are for :pp

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

Whole begining up to running away from first location is probably my favorite in the story, the first missions with manny and elizabetta i always had mixed feelings since before hand you had some goal, and at this point in the story you still have obvious goals, but i don't feel the missions themself really push you towards achiving the goal, it's tbh my biggest gripe with gta IV story, the between mission aspect of it, if the money you made would actually go away from your account because of roman gambling, now that would be epic.

• Algonquin Assassin and eCola like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Whole begining up to running away from first location is probably my favorite in the story, the first missions with manny and elizabetta i always had mixed feelings since before hand you had some goal, and at this point in the story you still have obvious goals, but i don't feel the missions themself really push you towards achiving the goal, it's tbh my biggest gripe with gta IV story, the between mission aspect of it, if the money you made would actually go away from your account because of roman gambling, now that would be epic.

This is something I always wanted too. Although the clothing prices seemed spot on and you could use money for using taxis, I wish the money would disappear from Niko because Roman was using the money to gamble and also bought that Middle Park East apartment. That was easily $200,000. Toward the end of the story it seemed Roman cleaned up his act because he was getting married. I'd say by the time Florian was found then Roman stopped gambling so then the money would stop draining from Niko. In the end I'd say Niko should be $250,000 less.
  • eCola likes this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

Favorite: The Alderney story arc, since I'm a real sucker on how IV handles the mafia. The missions in Broker are also cool since Niko starts off slow, and it takes a while for the climax to settle in, which really gives you the "fish out of water" feeling.

Least favorite: That's a good question... I'd appreciate the Bohan arc more if there were more missions from Elizabeta.

fashion
  • fashion

is math related to science?

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:33 AM Edited by fashion, 13 August 2017 - 10:37 AM.

My favorites are the first arc and the ending part. Irish mob missions are close.

My least favorite part is anything ULP related. I liked Karen's plot twist though.

Overall, I love the complete game, even the notorious Bohan part. The pacing of this game is perfect and everything moves the story foward.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

The only mission I really don't like is The Puerto Rican connection. No matter how many times I play that mission I still slam into the wall while trying to follow the train.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

my favorite part would be the beginning all the way to the end of bohan. my least favorite is the part after it. the beginning of algonquin. the ulpc missions were boring the playboy x missions were boring . and the francis missions. after those the story is great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users