"Grand theft auto 5 launcher has stopped working"

2 replies to this topic
Jimbo24
  • Jimbo24

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hi, when i try to play GTA 5 on my new pc it starts the launcher which starts an update. When the update gets really close to finishing it freezes and gives me the "Grand theft auto 5 launcher has stopped working" windows message. Is there a solution for this problem ?

I'm running windows 10 on this pc and I've copied the game from my old pc which was running windows 8. I've tried running in compatibility mod but it doesn't change anything :/

Thanks in advance.

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hi, when i try to play GTA 5 on my new pc it starts the launcher which starts an update. When the update gets really close to finishing it freezes and gives me the "Grand theft auto 5 launcher has stopped working" windows message. Is there a solution for this problem ?

I'm running windows 10 on this pc and I've copied the game from my old pc which was running windows 8. I've tried running in compatibility mod but it doesn't change anything :/

Thanks in advance.

Go to Documents > Rockstar Games > Delete Social Club Folder > Restart Game

9mmMafiaMan
  • 9mmMafiaMan

GTA 5 Crusader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Had this happen to me and found out that when I deleted some of my savegames to thin down the 

mess, it destroys the continuity of the game. If you have fiddled with your savegame files [the ones

in GTA V under "Profiles"  in your Documents section, this could be a cause.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users