Photo

PC Restarts while playing.

3 replies to this topic
Dwaine013
  • Dwaine013

I'm BaseHead like one of your Friends.

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Dwaine013, 2 weeks ago.

Hi.When Playing GTA V,My Computer Restarst without warning during gameplay.

Mostly after 10 to 50 minutes but can go least one hour before it restars.

but in rare occasions.also restars when only loading the game.it's freaking annoying but the wrost timing is during GTA Online heist.(always before completing the job). :facedesk:

The Samething happen when watching Youtube Videos on 720p quality or Higher setting.

So i Just restricted to 480p.again,i watching some vid on 1080p or 720p  without any minute passed it reboots

Probally because of Overhating.but i need some more information about the problem.

My specs:

Windows 10 Education ver.(Using school version for gaming cuzt F#ck tha police :devil:)

AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad core.

NVDIA GeForce GTX 650.

CPU Speed 3.8hz.

NVDIA Virtual audio device WDM.

RAM.8,00 GB.

360.2 GB Free disk space

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 2 weeks ago.

whats your PSU specs? It's more than likely your power supply cant handle the consumption when gpu and cpu both start taking more power while putting on a load. You should have PSU with atleast of 500 Watt output (bare minimum, recommended is 600Watt) because real output that it could handle is smaller somewhat than the max number and failsafe is even lower than the real maximum.

• Dwaine013 likes this

Dwaine013
  • Dwaine013

I'm BaseHead like one of your Friends.

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 2 weeks ago

whats your PSU specs? It's more than likely your power supply cant handle the consumption when gpu and cpu both start taking more power while putting on a load. You should have PSU with atleast of 500 Watt output (bare minimum, recommended is 600Watt) because real output that it could handle is smaller somewhat than the max number and failsafe is even lower than the real maximum.

Well Mine is 450 Watt output.so it might kinda failed for this operation,also with a AMD CPU,it's easy to set my room into a sauna.

Now with the current hungarian summer.(34-40 Celsius ) the situation is critical, 

i can't gaming hard,

Playing at Night (20-25C at night in Hun) is the only time i can play without any problem.

Except GTAV.Games like Doom,Metal Gear Solid 5,CS.GO,Fifa 16 runs very well without crash.(MGSV Restarted only one time.)

So might i need to buy a better PSU.also planned to buy a new video card but only in December.and a New Pc case.

Thanks for the Advice.  :^:

also anyone got some cooling tips.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

cooling tip. put in watercooling system or huge office fan next to pc case opened up and hang some icebag on the fan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users